Ross Enamait: Ulitimate Training for the Ultimate Warrior

triggertap79

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just finished reading this book from Ross Enamait:http://www.warriorforce.com/ultimatewarrior.html

I really liked the book and his approach to strength and conditioning. I highly recommend it to anyone that competes in combat sports.
I'm not going to write a long review because you can pretty much find out everything about it from the link I provided and I suck at writing reviews. Ross seems like a cool guy too, I had a question about one of his strength training routines and he answered my e-mail personally.
If you are looking for strength and conditioning routines to enhance your performance in mma, boxing, wrestling, or grappling this is for you. If you are interested in increasing your max lift numbers this probably won't help you much.

Yes it is good shit. Im sure you will also like underground guide and especially his latest infinite intensity, those 3 and his medball book together forms one gigantic collection of conditioning routines!

Yeah, Ross is the man!

End of thread.

How many body weight exercises he has in there?
like push ups and stuff?

I have all his books (including II) they are good but I think his strenght routines has way too high volume for a competetive fighter. Atleast my body cant handle that volume +10 intense mt sessions a week.

Kaban said:
How many body weight exercises he has in there?
like push ups and stuff?

Not in that one but in underground guide there is a -huge- selection of bodyweight exercises. And yeah pushups and stuff....

MTnewbie said:
I have all his books (including II) they are good but I think his strenght routines has way too high volume for a competetive fighter. Atleast my body cant handle that volume +10 intense mt sessions a week.

yea i agreee, some of the weight training programs have too much volume

MTnewbie said:

you need to take a quick look at his routines section again. he lays out a training programme for an active fighter, including compensating for sparring sessions (ie, not being too sore from a conditioning workout). he really seems to believe in rest and diet to take you through the hard grind. he's also a big fan of supplements to keep you "sharp and attentive" when training for long hours.

oyaji poi said:
you need to take a quick look at his routines section again. he lays out a training programme for an active fighter, including compensating for sparring sessions (ie, not being too sore from a conditioning workout). he really seems to believe in rest and diet to take you through the hard grind. he's also a big fan of supplements to keep you "sharp and attentive" when training for long hours.

Anyway, I tried his workout routines and my body couldnt handle it. IMHO strenght work is not important enough for me (as a competitive stand up fighter) to cut down on mt sessions enough so that I can follow his workout. My experience is that strenght isnt all that, im willing to spend two 1hour sessions in the gym a week, no more. The rest is all technic and maybe some specific anaerobic training. Sure, again, if i believe strenght was important enough I would cut down on regular training to keep up with his strenght training, but I dont.
Then again you can argue that im a pussy with the recovery time of an 80 year old. Sure thats possible, but for me it doesnt change anything. I did say in my first post that "my body" couldnt handle it and I "think" the volume is too high.
As for supplements, there is no magic supplement thats going to improve your recovery time. Dont buy into the supplement companies and the hype. Good/healthy food and good sleep is 99% of recovery IMHO. Yes I do btw take protein/carbs+ creatine after every session.

edit, dont get me wrong, as I said before, his books are good, I dont not regret spending money on them.

MTnewbie said:
Anyway, I tried his workout routines and my body couldnt handle it. IMHO strenght work is not important enough for me (as a competitive stand up fighter) to cut down on mt sessions enough so that I can follow his workout. My experience is that strenght isnt all that, im willing to spend two 1hour sessions in the gym a week, no more. The rest is all technic and maybe some specific anaerobic training. .

Actually, two strength training routines a week are all he recommends. He also states in the book that you should never spend more than an hour in the gym doing them. The rest is conditioning and skill training stuff.

Forget about the one hour.

Twice a week I do 3x-1-6 in 6 different exercises (push, pull, post chain, abs, grip/neck; basically how Jarfi once described it). Thatd make 108 reps a week.

In Iinfinite intensity Ross's workout recommends during a 5 day period 192 reps ONLY for core work. He also recommends one 76 reps "strenght workout" also what he calls "the magic fifty" (5 reps snatch, 10 burpess, 60s rest x5), one GPP workout, and one 3x farmers walk to failture, 100 sledgehammer swings to failure, and also 50 and 800m intervalls. All in 5 days with one day of rest.

It just doesnt work for me, period.

Well with your high volume of MA training you obviously need to reduce the volume. I dont see the problem just reduce it, I feel that there are plenty of routines thats viable for competitive fighters but I dont see any that are writen in stone. Its all about principles that you should modify after your own capacities.

i like high volume training. i have a high metabolism and a skinny build. nothing gives me better results than volume. just my 2 cents

i have to work hard to get any results but my recovery is very good and fast with good nutrition

MTnewbie said:
Twice a week I do 3x-1-6 in 6 different exercises (push, pull, post chain, abs, grip/neck; basically how Jarfi once described it). Thatd make 108 reps a week.

krishna would be proud.

I ordered II recently and was considering getting Ultimate Training as well but was wondering if there was a lot of overlap between the two books.

and after placing an order i realized why everyone speaks so highly of ross and his customer service.
the man is top notch.

Ross Enamait trains The Ultimate Warrior? Rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back