Media Rose thinks Weili Zhang is being told what to say

I think Rose has still not recovered mentally from the traumatic event where Conor threw the trolly at the bus and where she came out physically unscattered.

560745.jpg
560745.jpg
560745.jpg
560745.jpg
560745.jpg
560745.jpg
560745.jpg
560745.jpg

I lived and worked in China with their national team athletes. She may not be being directed what to say at all moments, but she'll know damn well what she isn't allowed to say. You certainly can't be am independent thinker and speaker there.

Rose is unnecessarily making this fight China vs USA and Capitalism vs Communism. She'll look like a big fool if she loses.
Also Zhang being insulted by Shevchenko, Rose, Joanna indicates a trend of Sinophobia which is very common these days.

What did Shevchenko say?

Rose is unnecessarily making this fight China vs USA and Capitalism vs Communism. She'll look like a big fool if she loses.
Also Zhang being insulted by Shevchenko, Rose, Joanna indicates a trend of Sinophobia which is very common these days.
Shevchenko talked about Andrade, Nunes, and Zhang. Her comment about Zhang was a response to something Zhang said. But, calling everything phobic or racist is very common in CurrenyYear.

What did Shevchenko say?

Shevchenko is more so passive agressive about it. She refused to call weili by her name for a long ass time and constantly just called her "chinese fighter". Any time weili comes up in conversations with shevchenko, she acts a bit bitter, as if she wants nothing to do with her at all, and she constantly picks "chinese fighter" to lose. That said, Shevchenko is the kind of fighter who sees all these girls are her enemies, so I'm not surprised.

Can someone please tell me why I dont have the option to quote people now? Have I been a bad boy and are now being punished?

I have no doubt Zhang is being told what to say. Rose is speaking from personal experience and not pie in the sky beliefs that communism is good.

Absolutely love that Rose didn’t back track on her comments because that rat Ariel kept asking her about it. She double downed and I love that. Much respect for her. This is her view, her opinion, how she feels and people need to respect that view point.

Unfortunately that’s not the society we live in.

Anyway, again respect for Rose for not pulling a Drew Brees and back tracking on how you feel because of pressure the very next day.

She's really running with this lol. Crazy times

I’m thinking that Rose has clearly shifted the center of attention on the wrong things here... She needs to be 100% focused on the monumental task of beating Weili in the cage, not making half assed political statements that she clearly doesn’t have a full understanding of. I can honestly see all of these comments and the ensuing lines of questioning detracting her concentration on the most important aspect of what she’s attempting to accomplish, she’s opened a can of worms that can’t easily be contained or explained away, a silly and unnecessary action on her part. Maybe she’s going for the promotion of the fight angle on this subject, but honestly this is an absolute head scratcher to me.

Brendan Schaub made some good points about this in his podcast this week. Basically how does Rose know that Weili does in fact support of her nations government and isn't using fighting as an opportunity to better her life and leave?

Yeah Rose made some weird ass connection about USSR Lithuania in the 90's and Zhang and the CCP.

None of it made any sense

And then when questioned on it, she made another weird comment that Zhang probably is told what to say, even though Zhang has never made any statements relating to politics in general.

Rose's head is all over the place, I have no idea what she is trying to say about communism and how that relates to Zhang

“That’s true and I don’t know what her beliefs are,” she said (ht SCMP). “But here’s the thing, and this is a question maybe we should ask her, can we even really know what she actually believes? She may be being told what to say. I don’t know. Do we know exactly what she believes?”

“For me and for my experience with communism, is that you can’t freely have an opinion, you can’t criticize your government,” said Namajunas, who was born in Milwaukee, WI in 1992.

“I can talk about America and how imperfect it is, and how there’s lots of things messed up about us and stuff like that, and I’m very grateful for that freedom to do so.”

She’s not attacking Zhang personally. She’s saying that anyone from a communist state can’t really be taken on their word because of you say anything that’s not in the interests of the fuhrer then you can and will face repercussions. She’s just stating how America is different from China.

What’s going on in China right now with the Muslims is disgusting. But you’ll never hear the woke brigade mention that.

Shevchenko is more so passive agressive about it. She refused to call weili by her name for a long ass time and constantly just called her "chinese fighter". Any time weili comes up in conversations with shevchenko, she acts a bit bitter, as if she wants nothing to do with her at all, and she constantly picks "chinese fighter" to lose. That said, Shevchenko is the kind of fighter who sees all these girls are her enemies, so I'm not surprised.

Shevchenko is very unlikable, in my opinion. She seems to get away with that plus being boring because some MMA fans find her attractive. And you're spot-on about her remarks imo.

Last edited:
Back