Media Rose Namajunas gets political on her bout w/Zhang: "Better dead than red"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I tried to remind myself of my family history, where we come from. I wanted to teach my training partner Chico Camus about the difficulties of Lithuanians, our history. We watched the film “Another Dream Team” to better understand what we are fighting for. After watching the film, I understood even better - "better dead than red".

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Weili is red, that’s who she represents. I have nothing personal against her, but it is a great motivation for me - I fight for freedom, I rely on Jesus, I am of Lithuanian blood and I have the American dream. I will take all these things into this fight, "R. Namajun said firmly.

https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/sporta...-lietuvos-istorijos-geriau-mires-nei-raudonas

khabib.gif

Chill, Rose.

Last edited:
I hate when fighters make fights unnecessarily political.

I'm sure there's some underneath truth to that though, like I was saying before, I think other countries could be using MMA as a political platform. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up like the olympics where they're pumping money and PEDs to outperform some countries.

That being said, Zhang never said anything. Just go win the fight. But Zhang is probably going to knock this girl cold.

You have got to be fucking kidding me? Like Weili represents communism??

Holy fuck there Rose it isn’t 1972 and this isn’t the Summit Series with Canada vs Russia. The free world vs Communism.

War Weili. I hope she smashes Rose even more now. This is sports and it’s 2021. Nobody gets to choose where they were born. I know Rose is a flake, but wtf is this shit?

I tried to remind myself of my family history, where we come from. I wanted to teach my training partner Chico Camus about the difficulties of Lithuanians, our history. We watched the film “Another Dream Team” to better understand what we are fighting for. After watching the film, I understood even better - "better dead than red".

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Weili is red, that’s who she represents. I have nothing personal against her, but it is a great motivation for me - I fight for freedom, I rely on Jesus, I am of Lithuanian blood and I have the American dream. I will take all these things into this fight, "R. Namajun said firmly.

https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/sporta...-lietuvos-istorijos-geriau-mires-nei-raudonas

khabib.gif

Chill, Rose.

Damn you know that shit ain't gonna fly well in Weii's homeland. Weii's going to be so maaaaaaaaad about this. She seems like super nice girl, but kinda easily butthurt. Imagine if she finds out if she said this. Oh boy

Lol.

I'm with people criticizing china, but this seems like a hella stupid statement from Rose.
<1>

It's not like Weili - or anyone for that matter - chooses where they're born and also, if you're a famous athlete from china and live in china, it's rather recommended to speak good of the country.

Zhang does proudly represent a “communist” country, I don’t see anything wrong with what Rose said even though China isn’t really a communist country outside of rhetoric

I hate when fighters make fights unnecessarily political.

I'm sure there's some underneath truth to that though, like I was saying before, I think other countries could be using MMA as a political platform. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up like the olympics where they're pumping money and PEDs to outperform some countries.

That being said, Zhang never said anything. Just go win the fight. But Zhang is probably going to knock this girl cold.
Yeah I love how international MMA has become. Talking about country vs country is fine, but bringing political views into it will bring interest but overall cause A LOT of unnecessary controversy.
Doesn't seem worth it for fighters overall careers. Colby and Conor career as fighters are completely discredited for all the extremely controversial things they said in the buildups towards their fights.

Even that being said, if MMA ever makes it the Olympics it will get more attention. The major downsides is it would augment PED use and put even more rules to make it less a "blood" sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back