Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade Set For UFC 237 May 11th in Brazil

Who Wins?

• Rose Namajunas

• Jessica Andrade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daily Debate: Do you believe that Rose Namajunas is an underrated champ?
MMAjunkie
Published on Jan 14, 2019

"...feels like a movie..."
Namajunas vs Andrade UFC 237 Promo | STRAWWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP | “This Belt Don’t Mean Nothing"

DreistStudios
Published on Jan 27, 2019

Last edited:
People are overrating Andrade so much, you all are going to be shocked when Rose outclass her on the feet and sub her in later rounds

Andrade is a beast who may easily impose her will on Rose. Woman has one punch KO power. Unless the cut wipes Andrade out, I see a bad night for Rose ahead.

I have been wrong about Rose twice in a row now though. Maybe I should learn?

Rose using her jab, lead hook, lateral footwork should take Androgynous out.

Rose showing some good foot-eye coordination !

This is going to be a very very interesting fight for me:

Jessica Andrade is the most powerful girl in that division, she has KO power punch. She likes to come forward and she is very strong on the ground too with good takedowns.

Rose Namajunas is very technical,she has good ground game, also her footwork and her head movement are great! I think that everybody underestimate Rose's KO power.
If Andrade come forward without respect for Rose, she could be put down.

This can be the best title fight in that division, I don't have a favorite yet. Very closed!

This is one of the most bizarre general consensus on who's going to win a fight I've seen in the sport.

Rose KOd and then in the rematch outstruck one of the best strikers in the history of the sport in Joanna who herself flawlessly and beautifully outstruck Andrade in one of the most one sided dominations ever seen.

Andrade has also been submitted a few times which isn't good going against someone like Rose known for her elite BJJ.

Just because Andrade KOd Karolina "I close my eyes, look down, and swing" Kowalkiewicz doesn't mean she's going to have the same success against the 2nd best technical striker in WMMA Rose.

Dropped by Angela Hill

giphy.gif

One of the many head kicks she ate vs Joanna

giphy.gif

Which Rose is good at herself

bb471ee7b3c13ff26792c85a1a881c19.gif

Rose Namajunas by sub/headkick TKO round 3

Andrade is a beast who may easily impose her will on Rose. Woman has one punch KO power. Unless the cut wipes Andrade out, I see a bad night for Rose ahead.

I have been wrong about Rose twice in a row now though. Maybe I should learn?

Eh...

It’s tough when you see styles that traditionally clash...

I would be thinking the same thing...

Rose might be one of those “x factor”
Type fighters... not to sound cheesy or cliche..

And I am not comparing them at all... but you know a fighter like Anderson.. it seemed like he was matched up with a few guys where you thought - That’s a bad style match up, we could see the upset... And then he just murks the guy or just finds ways to win that you hadn’t seen him do bf...

Rose might be that type of fighter... she is improving at a tremendous rate and we don’t have a big sample size... so when she taps Andrade we are somewhat surprised... (if that happens)...

UFC 237: Rose Namajunas Plans To Be The 'More Dynamic, Well-Rounded Fighter' Against Jessica Andrade
MMAFightingonSBN
Published on Mar 28, 2019

"UFC strawweight champion Rose Namajunas discusses her upcoming UFC 237 title defense against Jessica Andrade, why she accepted the fight in Andrade's home country of Brazil, once again being the underdog, and much more."

Back