Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade Set For UFC 237 May 11th in Brazil

Who Wins?

• Rose Namajunas

• Jessica Andrade

Results are only viewable after voting.
from what I remember about that fight, was Esparza put an ass whoopin on rose, something fierce...
i dunno about ass whoopin, but it was dominant

Rose choked pretty hard. But she was 20, so It's to be expected.

Sorry was finished this damn tablet 'enters' sometimes while I type.
Favor Andrade because of grappling is fine. But an acient fight when rose was a 2-1 noob vs a woman she's clearly better then now isn't worth mentioning. Andrade was outgrappled by liz Carmouche, Reneau, Jennifer Maia, and Pennington but no one looks at these fights because they're acient too. She's not Suarez she couldn't even keep down a much smaller Torres if rose does as well in the grappling exchanges while winning the striking it's her W.
That's still not my point, I don't favour Andrade. I don't get how can you be so sure fighter will be able to deal with grappler, when last grappler she faced, she lost and it was 4 years ago. So it's not about Esparza and how young was Namajunas, but how unlogical is to say Namajunas will be fine during grappling exchanges (because BJJ, Gadelha is also very good bjj). Nobody cares about Andrade's fights as bantamweight, just like nobody really cares how Whittaker was performing as welterweight. It's not about old fights, but new fights and fact, she never faced grappler postEsparza, so how she will deal with grappling of Andrade is just pure speculation and you can't really say how she will perform (for good, or for bad). Plus you don't even know how big will be cage and many other things, predictions are pointless 5 months before fight.

Well if she's 'manhandled' the same as her Waterson or Torres 2 fight, that means rose also beats Andrade here with the improvements she's made since being a 2-1 prospect.
<Y2JSmirk>

Not sure how much she is able to improve on that. She will still have huge disadvantage on strength because her core is so weak.

Rose moves well: so I suspect she can evade (stick and move) for a round. But eventually, Piledriver will catch Namajunas...take her down...and beat the living hell out of her.

Jarl
Why the fuck do you sign your posts with your name? It's not a letter.. Stupidly annoying

Why the fuck do you sign your posts with your name? It's not a letter.. Stupidly annoying
Why are you so triggered by something so inconsequential and non-offensive?

God Damn I hope that Rose beats the hell outta this she-male.

IgnorantDistortedBovine-size_restricted.gif

Good on Andrade she’s mean but as for Karolina, man WMMA sucks

After her fight against Joanna, im not underestimating Rose's skills.

Maybe you're the one who needs to watch more fights Torres literally spent 15 minutes trying to offensively grapple Joanna and did a much better job then carla vs the same oponent. Tecia held her own grappling with a larger Andrade too. And between the two women I pointed out Torres literally won over Waterson with grappling holding her against the cage to win the 1st and 3rd even getting a takedown in the 3rd. Go watch em before making your own cheep shots on someone who's literally seen every ufc fight of the women we're talking about.

Meanwhile carla has been completely outclassed as a grappler 2 fights in a row. Granted Suarez and Claudia are two of the best but she looked like a novice there.
Okay, you need to go watch fights again, maybe after gaining some knowledge of what you’re watching, if you think Torres is some kind of offensive grappler.

1. Torres Surviving on the ground against Andrade is hardly what anyone would call “holding her own.” She got owned.

2. Oh, Torres did better than Esparza against Joanna? Yeah, that took a lot. She went in there with the worst game plan possible, and paid for it. That’s what happened when you let your girlfriend be your head coach, a bad game plan that she had no way of succeeding with, because she’s not a wrestler.

3. Clinch striking is a striking art. The only time Torres won an actual grappling aspect of that fight against Michelle was indeed in the third round, a very small portion of the fight. The first and second rounds, Torres was losing the grappling.

As for Esparza, she arguably won the fight against Gadelha (many people felt she won), and Against Suarez, she looked like a kid fighting an adult. Also, big difference between D2 college and near Olympic level wrestling. Torres and Waterson wouldn’t know anything about that, as they’re strikers first

You can watch all the fights you want. Doesn’t mean you know what you’re seeing.

Rose Namajunas training for Jéssica Andrade title fight

This is how Rose will play matador against the Brazilian bull.

Last edited:
I think this fight depends on how Rose recovers mentally from the bus attack or whatever.

I think this fight depends on how Rose recovers mentally from the bus attack or whatever.
Rose has already fought and won after the bus attack.

The delay Rose took in fighting after that was due to Rose's need to rehab a neck injury (that she thinks might've come about while training with Valentina Shevchenko), but Sherdoggers have ignored that and played up the bus attack angle because Sherdog.

Back