News Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade 2 is close to being finalized for UFC 249 on April 18 in Brooklyn

Rose can't deal with Andrade's aggression and pressure. She'll catch her at some point.

Possibly. But a 3 round fight makes it significantly less likely than a 5 rounder. Wiley management from the Namajunas camp.

War Rose

fqUDYIE.jpg
Fuuuuuuck lmao

She has to avoid:
Being slammed
Being leg kicked
Being punched in the face

For fifteen minutes to win. The logic flying in here is nuts. She was gassing and compromised in the 2nd round already with an ending you would see coming just not VIA slam.

also: avoid getting backed up in a straight line
Avoid taking shots to the body

I agree. Problem is, everyone else in the top six is either already booked or out injured.

Saurez currently isn’t even giving a timeline for her return, so it leaves her with nothing.
But who says they have to face someone in the top 6? As far as I know, Waterson and Esparza are available. They're both big names and ranked in the top 10. Rose-Esparza (yes a rematch, but from 5 years ago) and Andrade-Waterson would be great matchups.

also: avoid getting backed up in a straight line
Avoid taking shots to the body
Everytime Andrade connected on her face, it was like a shockwave got sent through her entire body. When she was getting leg kicked, her leg welted up immediately.

Rose is good, but some matchups just aren't the best. This is a woman who said she couldn't 'feel' her punches and lifted her like a pancake at will. When you have nothing to offer to that kind of physicality I'm not sure what else there is to do. Maybe she can knock Andrade out if she can't take a punch anymore.

But who says they have to face someone in the top 6? As far as I know, Waterson and Esparza are available. They're both big names and ranked in the top 10. Rose-Esparza (yes a rematch, but from 5 years ago) and Andrade-Waterson would be great matchups.
Nobody wants to watch those, though. They’re practically gimme fights, and while there’s nothing wrong with tune-up fights, the General mma audience doesn’t like them.

Seriously....why? Unless it was for a belt, this is a pointless rematch.

probable #1 contenders match. not to mention rose was dominating that fight until the slam. many people felt the win was a fluke and many people would like to watch a rematch.

Rose 11 months out... again. I guess it's better than 13.

Is 2 years of prep for Rose to beat the same fighter enough?

Will Jessica pull the same shit she did last time vs Weili and throw all of her defensive skills out the door?

Will Jessica, who cries about being poor, suddenly find even more comfort after this fight?

Will creating two straight losses ensuring the fighter is removed from title contention for years convenient for the UFC?

Find out this and more on April 18.

There's a reason I stopped watching boxing.

<Deported1>

Looking at fighters coming off losses...yeah, it kind of makes sense. I mean, there's also Waterson, but Rose already destroyed her and I'm guessing Michelle wants nothing to do with Andrade. Ansaroff looks to be taking a long layoff. Suarez is recovering from an injury. Karolina? Maybe Rose would like to run that one back...but not Andrade! Torres? Andrade already beat her and she fought Rose twice. There are probably better fights to make for Rose...but it must be really hard to find opponents for Andrade. So, I can kind of see how/why this rematch got made.

Jarl

Yeah, you think she should do the same? Throwing headkicks would help. Andrade will grab a hold of Rose sooner or later.

She was not point fighting, she hit Andrade with some super hard shots and was really aggressive in the pocket. It was probably the most aggressive performance of her career.

To headline the undercard I hope. I'm so hired of WMMA on cards.

War Rose.

Pretty sure she'll be successfully working on everything that gave her problems against Jessica in their first fight, as she strikes me as an extremely smart (and creative) fighter who's willing to adapt while being quite good at doing so.

Last edited:
Once again terrible timing by UFC. This rematch should've happened right after the first fight.

Gonna be an awesome fight, one of the rare WMMA fights I"m looking forward, sorry @HI SCOTT NEWMAN
Well if its good enough for you, then it has to be good enough for me too as you are King. So i'll get behind this one, just for you ;)

But if I sit through a 5 round point fighting decision then I want large double pepperoni pizza with mushrooms, and a beer. (BTW throw in some Skittles too, I love them) :p :p Fair deal

Mandrade took a beating against Zhang, but Hose got smoked by Mandrade. I think their chins will be a bigger factor this time around.

Nobody wants to watch those, though. They’re practically gimme fights, and while there’s nothing wrong with tune-up fights, the General mma audience doesn’t like them.
Completely disagree. People would be interested in those fights; all four ladies have name value and are currently ranked in the top 10 (fighting a top 10 opponent isn't a "tune-up fight"). And Rose and Andrade were both KTFO in their last appearances, so taking a small step down makes sense.

Back