Rose Namajunas has an emotional support dog

I did watch her season but I don't remember and I don't plan on watching it again.

UFC grossly used her abused past to score ratings, and then they had Berry cry about her abuse, when he probably would have gone to jail for statutory rape himself.

Nothin against Rose, but the emotions are overkill.

I appreciate her fighting skills, respect her as a person and a fighter, as well as acknowledge her past, but after so many episodes of embedded, TUF etc, the emotional / hard past needs to take a back sit to "a kick ass fighter" , "a contender" , "slick, sick Jui Jitsu" etc. I wish UFC would focus on her positive aspects rather than constantly bringing up her dark and rough past. Doesn't that kinda kill her mojo, her vibe, having the dark past constantly brought up?

I say all this with the atmost respect for Rose.
Shit like this is riduclous

Her life now doesnt have anything to do with how she deals with her trauma, she can win the lottery 5 times straight and cure cancer in a 2 month span and still feel the way she feels

I always hear this argument

"Why cant she/he just be positive and focus on the good"

Simple answer is because they cant, therapy doesn't cure and pills are definitely not the answer, how she copes depends on her capabilities , no one knows what those are

These service dogs are so stupid, I'm sorry but I'd be pissed if someone brought their big ass dog an airplane for "support" when Rose goes on vacation and shit other times without it lmao.

I ate at a nice restaurant the other day and some huge fat lady brought this ginormous service dog that proceeded to lay out in the middle of the floor. It's just so unnecessary, it's only purpose was to lift her up with a harness from her chair because she was literally too fat to stand on her own.

So mini rant over, I like dogs but keep support dogs for people with severe PTSD, not people who just like their dog.

you must be one of those fats i keep reading about. as in "of the fat." i am also VERY fat and can pick em out much like a therapy dog. will you join me in my world of illusion and wonder?

you must be one of those fats i keep reading about. as in "of the fat." i am also VERY fat and can pick em out much like a therapy dog. will you join me in my world of illusion and wonder?
You must be on the same stuff Diaz was during his sports center interview today lmao

Rose looks like a normal functioning human, wtf does she need a support dog for?

Is she a veteran? does she have shell shock? is she labelled mentally handicapped? These types of ppl need a fucking support dog, and they should be allowed to take them everywhere they go.

Rose just got a permit and slapped on some stupid tag on her stupid dog, so she can drag her dog where ever she wants.

This is basically the same as someone who stubbed their toe and is able to get a handicap tag and park anywhere.

PTSD can come from many different sorts of traumas, not just war. it's very serious shit and yes being violently sexually abused at any age, let alone as a child, is one source.

PTSD can come from many different sorts of traumas, not just war. it's very serious shit and yes being violently sexually abused at any age, let alone as a child, is one source.

She is one of very few individuals on the planet earth who can "channel" that negative energy into raw destruction, as a profession...

and she uses a god damn "feelz" dog

fuck that.

All due respect, bro.

If you watched TUF. She has serious emotional issues.

And I'm not bashing her. It's just an obvious statement of fact.

She might be getting better, tuff was 2-3 years ago, she might be coping with it better now or getting better counseling.

She is one of very few individuals on the planet earth who can "channel" that negative energy into raw destruction, as a profession...

fuck that.

What's the big deal? She was sexually abused as young girl, cut her some slack. I don't like her, but if the dog helps her why give her a hard time about it?

fuck that.

channeling as you say definitely helps, and MMA is one hell of a way. it has a cognitive behavioral effect, which does help. but not entirely or always. i see no harm in a multifaceted approach, including this dog (and i say that as a cat person lol). i just hope she's in therapy.

What's the big deal? She was sexually abused as young girl, cut her some slack. I don't like her, but if the dog helps her why give her a hard time about it?
No wonder she beat the hell out of pvz
As her brother was a rapist I believe or a paedophile

Rose has the physical skills, she needs a sports psychologist.
Maybe. But she definitely has work to do on her skills. I know that's obvious, every fighter does. But Luke Thomas did great job quickly describing an issue I noticed as well.

Rose likes to fight in a rhythm and kinda in a "flow" I guess I would call it. She fights at a certain pace constantly. She doesn't like to turn it up very often.

The problem is even when KK got her in the clinch, rose was seemingly way too content to take punishment because she still wanted to fight in the flow that she likes. Problem is you can't do that in the clinch with an opponent as active and aggressive as KK.

Rose seemed physically weak and not good at clinch escapes. But her boxing at range is phenomenal for that division.

I appreciate her fighting skills, respect her as a person and a fighter, as well as acknowledge her past, but after so many episodes of embedded, TUF etc, the emotional / hard past needs to take a back sit to "a kick ass fighter" , "a contender" , "slick, sick Jui Jitsu" etc. I wish UFC would focus on her positive aspects rather than constantly bringing up her dark and rough past. Doesn't that kinda kill her mojo, her vibe, having the dark past constantly brought up?

I Agree. I've noticed this has been the UFC's theme with her since TUF and they have not lightened up much on it from the media that I have seen. Granted, there is plenty that I have missed.

i like rose i always liked her but the first time i knew of her is when she made her amateur debut somebody in another mma forum posted a video of "pat barry's girlffriend debut" she was 18...kinda gets you thinkin since what age has pat berry been hitting it? it's quite obvious she isn't all there

cuz she's "abusing" how easy it is to apply for this "support dog" bullshit. Literally any dog can be a support dog, just put in the application.

Once she slaps on that support dog color or bandana, establishments almost can't fuck with her and support dogs are almost in the same class as Disability Dog, you know those bomb ass dogs that touch elevator buttons with their noses and shit and can help blind ppl cross the street and take 5 years of training?

Except she can now just call her dumb dog onto the mat and have everyone photograph it, cuz she's abusing the system.

No wonder she beat the hell out of pvz
As her brother was a rapist I believe or a paedophile

Yea he liked little boys.. Sick fucker

what dark past

She's a privelaged white girl who thinks she's a thug

There is no dark past

cuz she's "abusing" how easy it is to apply for this "support dog" bullshit. Literally any dog can be a support dog, just put in the application.

Once she slaps on that support dog color or bandana, establishments almost can't fuck with her and support dogs are almost in the same class as Disability Dog, you know those bomb ass dogs that touch elevator buttons with their noses and shit and can help blind ppl cross the street and take 5 years of training?

Except she can now just call her dumb dog onto the mat and have everyone photograph it, cuz she's abusing the system.

Most of those people who have those dogs are just weirdos or milking the system. I think she has a legit need for the dog.

what dark past

She's a privelaged white girl who thinks she's a thug

There is no dark past

you should have somebody put his dick in your mouth against your will let's see if that isn't "having a dark past"

She might be getting better, tuff was 2-3 years ago, she might be coping with it better now or getting better counseling.

Sure.. I'll go along with that.

But she will never possess the mind of a Joanna, or GSP. And I really do love the girl. But that doesn't change history. The whole object of this thread proves that.

Anybody here ever heard of " An emotional support animal " for a pro athlete before ?

But anything that relieves the horrors of her past is cool with me. I know something about that shit myself... more than I'd ever like to admit.

Back