Rose has gotten really good. This was a good learning experience.

Her striking was considerably better than we've seen from her in the past, but once KK landed those knees, Rose lost her cardio and her punches slowed down a lot.

I don't usually criticise any fighters, but watching these girls sometimes is like watching queen of the pillow fists. I respect their dedication, but the UFC is supposed to be elite, and not many of the female fighters are at that level yet. Needs a few more years of fine tuning.

There's certainly an upper-body strength element to this, but this also has much to do with the 115 weight in general.

she def needs to work on the clinch
she looked dangerous on the ground which was nice to see
Rose is pretty good in the clinch, KK is just better there. It was a good fight. Rose will probably get a title shot by next year.

she came back 10 times better after the carla loss.If she rounds out her striking a little more and tightens up her clinch and wrestling she is a future champ for sure

women-s-leg-bent-knee-white-background-66260705.jpg

Her striking was considerably better than we've seen from her in the past, but once KK landed those knees, Rose lost her cardio and her punches slowed down a lot.

It was .. when I rewatched the fight today with a lot less bias, I had to admit that Rose did look really good while working on the outside, and was pretty much landing at will there. But Karolina was doing way more damage with her knees in the clinch and it was very obvious which of the two was getting hurt over the coarse of the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Also .. that dang Ref kinda messed up the viewers ability to clearly see the uppercut in the clinch that dropped Rose hard in the 3rd that lead to the ground fight half way through that round.

It was .. when I rewatched the fight today with a lot less bias, I had to admit that Rose did look really good while working on the outside, and was pretty much landing at will there. But Karolina was doing way more damage with her knees in the clinch and it was very obvious which of the two was getting hurt over the coarse of the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Also .. that dang Ref kinda messed up the viewers ability to clearly see the uppercut in the clinch that dropped Rose hard in the 3rd that lead to the ground fight half way through that round.

Yeah, I couldn't tell if the uppercut dropped Rose, or if Rose was already going for the takedown when Karolina landed the uppercut. Either way, the uppercut did hurt Rose and allowed Karolina to get the dominant position in the follow up grappling exchange.

Yup, a little too comfortable in the clinch. She shouldn't have been throwing strikes from there vs. KK, imo.

High clinch, TD or nothing.

I'm not sure if it was poor fight IQ or her corner's fault, but she seemed to willingly engage in the clinch and get beat up in R2. If she hadn't the fight could've panned out much differently.

She wanted the takedown and would drop down for it, or try to trip KK in the clinch, but KK just made her pay for it.

Rose could use a sports psychologist. She's still top 10 but when you look at the likes of JJ and Claudia and the mental toughness they bring. I don't see Rose getting past them and there are some new up and comers like Andrade and Grasso.

I thought Rose was lucky Karolina decided to follow her to the ground in the 3rd.

She needs to learn how to game plan. I had the volume down so I don't know what her corner were telling her but she was winning everything at range but for some weird reason decided she wanted to clinch all the time where she just ate knees and elbows.

She wanted the takedown and would drop down for it, or try to trip KK in the clinch, but KK just made her pay for it.
I understand why she initially clinched, but while watching it became obvious very quickly that it wasn't working out the way she intended, yet she didn't disengage and got beaten up in the clinch as a result. She did perfectly fine in R1 without grappling, so I stand by my initial post.

I thought she looked kind of sloppy out there. But that kind of seemed to be after the knees so that's understandable. Either way she wasn't ready for a title shot. Tecia arguably beat her too.

Rose could use a sports psychologist. She's still top 10 but when you look at the likes of JJ and Claudia and the mental toughness they bring. I don't see Rose getting past them and there are some new up and comers like Andrade and Grasso.

I thought Rose was lucky Karolina decided to follow her to the ground in the 3rd.
she was 3 going into it right?
2BiG7KL.png
<7><37>

shes probably still top 5 I would think? im trying to get my cat to be one of the new smilies... feel free to use it ALL the time

Back