Rose has gotten really good. This was a good learning experience.

SnitchInsider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just needs to work on the clinch next. Her striking has gotten better and better each fight out and she's dangerous on the mat. I didn't think she was ready for Joanna yet. This should buy her some more time.

Yup, nothing like a loss to make you better.

She was landing right hands flush that didn't look like they could crush a grape. Rose is good but Joanna Champion would ruin her. I think Alexa Grasso would give Rose everything she could handle.

Rose needs to spend a year in Thailand.

She was winning all the boxing exchanges. The knees changed the fight.

She could have probably taken this fight with a few minor adjustments, but definitely looks like she has some work to do if she wants that title.

I don't usually criticise any fighters, but watching these girls sometimes is like watching queen of the pillow fists. I respect their dedication, but the UFC is supposed to be elite, and not many of the female fighters are at that level yet. Needs a few more years of fine tuning.

She was winning the outside exchanges quite handily, but then the clinch happened. Respect the knees. .

Just needs to work on the clinch next. Her striking has gotten better and better each fight out and she's dangerous on the mat. I didn't think she was ready for Joanna yet. This should buy her some more time.
she def needs to work on the clinch
she looked dangerous on the ground which was nice to see

She could not get any respect with her strikes. Not everyone can have KO power, but she needs to change something up and get some more pop in those punches.

It's true that she was landing well at range, but not of them made Karolina think twice about what she was doing.

I'm not sure if it was poor fight IQ or her corner's fault, but she seemed to willingly engage in the clinch and get beat up in R2. If she hadn't the fight could've panned out much differently.

She really needs to get stronger. She is very lucky she lost or JJ may have ruined her forever as that would have been a severe beatdown that she may never have come back from.

Will make her better and I always enjoy watching her fight. Not everyone can go undefeated.

I agree.. Rose is only 24 years old, for anyone to write her off when being so young and still having so much time to grow is crazy. She will probably be champ someday. By the time she's 30, she will have essentially double the amount of technique, skill training and experience. Now imagine how many fights she will have in that time span of 6 years?

Fighters have long careers and go through lots of ups and downs. Not all of them are undefeated for a decade. Rose will end up a better fighter from this just like she did after her last loss.

She could not get any respect with her strikes. Not everyone can have KO power, but she needs to change something up and get some more pop in those punches.

It's true that she was landing well at range, but not of them made Karolina think twice about what she was doing.

She snapped Karolina's head back more than a few times. I think she had Karolina worried of the counters. I would like to see more head kicks from Rose. She has the skillset and athleticism for them, she just doesn't.

I'm not sure if it was poor fight IQ or her corner's fault, but she seemed to willingly engage in the clinch and get beat up in R2. If she hadn't the fight could've panned out much differently.

Yeah, I didn't like the corner's advice of trying to clinch up and take her down. Obviously if she's on the mat you don't have to worry about the clinch, but you have to wade through dangerous waters to get there. I think her chances were better continuing to make Karolina chase for clinches and get countered on the way in.

What she really needs to work on is her strength. Her arms look like mine, and I don't work out at all.

Yes. And it slowed down Rose's offense as she was constantly worried about being clinched up as a result.
Which is weird because she ate the most knees while she was burning through her gas tank trying to take her opponent down. Really, her coaches should have shouted for her to abandon the TD when they saw her eating all those knees.

Gotta love body shots, they rarely work right away like they do against Matt Brown, but they do a nice job of slowing the opponent down so you can hit them some more. That was pretty smart of Karolina, she was getting tooled on the outside so she forced the clinch and made it ugly.

Back