Media Rose dumps American flag for Lithuanian one

Lithuania had some good mma fighters in the mid 2000s. Now I can't think of any other than Rose & Bukauskas. I wonder if Rose can speak Lithuanian.

Rose is 100% Lithuanian, her parents and her brother were born in Lithuania and her family came to the US a year or two before she was born. I believe she speaks some Lithuanian as well, probably similar level to Dern's English though. Fun Fact, Roxy Modafferi is half Lithuanian. War Weili btw.

Americans don’t support their own the same way foreign fans do so I don’t blame her. It’s weird. Brazilians, Mexicans, Africans, Russians, brits, Irish, etc all mad patriotic for their fighters. Considering America is an extremely patriotic country it’s always surprised me that doesn’t translate to MMA or boxing.

Born and raised in Colorado lived in U.S her whole life and probably never been to Lithuania ; seems right as thats the current trend nowadays in America.
She was born in Wisconsin and there have been a couple of interviews and articles about her discussing her visits to Lithuania. Her parents were immigrants who left shortly before she was born, so it's not like she's some 8th generation American prick prattling on about being Irish.

Back