Rose: "Adding a firearm into the training adds a new level of concentration and mental focus"

The idiocy of the posters on this site is just next level. I really don’t see what is so hard to understand that certain aspects of shooting/handling a firearm would translate well to the fight game both physically and mentally.

Got to love how quick the fair weather fan base of the MMA world changes on a fighter...
The only idiocy is claiming that firearm training somehow translates to MMA, lmao. If you spent that time training actual, y'know, unarmed fighting instead.... you'd get 100000% more results. Learning how to not jerk the pistol and how to squeeze the trigger with consistent pressure does not help you fight MMA.

Coming to the front page of cnn.com soon...

UFC Champion & Russian Spy Brainwashes MMA Couple into Crime spree

1e738f7e34a593e775ba40f1aae5aebd.jpg
Woah never saw this photo?! Is this new?

I'm not sure rose was in a camp when she was 14 years old, except maybe girl scouts.
"Namajunas began competing in MMA as an amateur in 2010. She trained under Greg Nelson at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy.[13] She racked up a perfect amateur record of 4–0 with 2 wins by TKO and 2 by decision. Both of the finishes came in the first round."

Says she started in 2010, so she woulda been 17/18. Why lie about 14?

The only idiocy is claiming that firearm training somehow translates to MMA, lmao. If you spent that time training actual, y'know, unarmed fighting instead.... you'd get 100000% more results. Learning how to not jerk the pistol and how to squeeze the trigger with consistent pressure does not help you fight MMA.

If you think that’s all that goes into handling a firearm then you either haven’t done it or have and are too mentally simple to understand the complexities behind it. For me personally, the first time I handled a firearm had a huge impact on me from a mental point of view. There’s a lot more that goes into it then simply pulling a trigger as you put it.

She isn’t the first athlete to use a method outside of fighting to help physically and mentally with her particular craft.

Again, to me it makes perfect sense for a fighter to incorporate something such as handling/firing a firearm into their training. It translate very well into what they do, especially the mental aspect of it.

She's not serious. It's just another attempt at throwing red meat to the meathead type fans who love this symbolic stuff that means nothing at the end.

It's as contrived as her tryhard remark about Zhang, just cause she's facing her in the octagon in a sport that it's supposed to be some deeper battle against "red China", which is partly an outdated view of China anyway. It's in principle no different than Khabib getting LW belt and if Dustin Poirier were to spin it into some corny "patriotic" effort against Putin/Kadyrov's sympathizer or some shit.

People acting like Pat Barry kept Rose in his basement and forced her to love him.

Weren't they both from the same camp/team? If you don't think Rose coulda thought/said at any point "I can probably do better, or I don't actually want him"

You guys must be virgins.
He did kinda prey on her when she was a child...

I sense great irony in Rose's mental health being questioned by retards.

lol this. Especially when there's no context. People are acting like she's hopping around the gym firing a gun off.

"Namajunas began competing in MMA as an amateur in 2010. She trained under Greg Nelson at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy.[13] She racked up a perfect amateur record of 4–0 with 2 wins by TKO and 2 by decision. Both of the finishes came in the first round."

Says she started in 2010, so she woulda been 17/18. Why lie about 14?
Says she started COMPETING in 2010, she was obviously training before she made her debut.

Tactical training i have no problem about but it's weird seeing a fighter holding a gun in the cage lol

Back