Rory vs Lombard official for 186

186 means it will only be a 3 rounder, which really sucks if this is a title eliminator

IMO, it will look like the Lawler vs. Rory fight. Its 3 round fight, so Hector can take this

If it was 5 rounds Hector would easily lose, however in a 3 round fight Hector can win the first and second and still win. He'll have to be very aggressive early.

I doubt Rory can finish him in round 3.

I'd love to see Rory push the pace in this one and really test Lombard's cardio at WW. Lombard's done fantastic at WW primarily because he's fought at a very measured pace (and he's an amazing fighter, that doesn't hurt either). Rory has the gas tank to really make Hector work and I see that as being the key to victory for Rory over the much stronger, faster, but also much older fighter.

I suspect Rory will play it safe in this one though and try to outpoint Lombard. He can do it, but he runs the risk of getting dumped on his head or decapitated. I like this fight a lot, but I still feel Rory should be fighting Lawler next.

Rory will Woodley him.

Any other fights booked for that event? Considering requesting some vacation time...

Lombard is a much better fighter than Woodley, IMO. I think he is better pretty much everywhere.

dangerous fight for both. I would pick Rory by dec. but it will be much tougher than Woodley.

Rory might win a decision, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as dominant as the woodley one. Tyrons's striking has been pretty useless in a bunch of his fights, meanwhile hector never really got clearly outstruck.

Woodley did nothing and Rory wasn't able to put him away and didn't take risks. IMHO it was pretty dull.

Woodley/Rory was a masterpiece.

The craziest thing... Firas only turned Rory into a striker 2 years before this. Before that Rory was taking everyone down.

Last edited:
If you think Lombard doesn't have killer instinct... Wow.

See: Okami fight, Boetsch fight, Shields fight, and Burkman fight.

If Lombard doesn't land the one punch knockout, he makes zero effort to finish the fight or do much damage.

Hard to get excited for someone to fight Rory after the Ellenburger snooze-athon. I had FOTY expectations for that fight :( Fight vs Tarec was good. That finishing combo.

But this fight is hard to pick.

Rory is too long and good at keeping distance for Lombard. He will pick him apart

I thought the very same thing about Gus vs Johnson, and also about Rory vs Lawler.

But those didn't pan out, so I wouldn't be surprised either way this fight goes.

Back