Rory vs. condit Different outcome or more of the same

STRONGERTHANALL

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both fighters have advanced their skills exponentially since their first encounter. So how's this one play out for you and why ?

I think Rory improved more than Carlos since then, but I do think that at this point Carlos is still the better fighter, not by a wide margin though.

What a fight.

It's a 3 rounder so I can see Rory winning decision if Condit cannot make another comeback. I just don't think Rory or any WW is a serious threat to Condit in terms of finishing Condit so by that reasoning, Condit will always have a chance if you don't put him of consciousness. Condit is just so resilient and tough on top of his cardio, versatility and technique.

It'll be a close fight but i think Rory will edge him standing and will probably mix in a few takedowns. Rory by dec.

It's going to be a close fight.

Either of them could win.

I can't wait :)

Rory is one weird guy but the guy can fight and he improves every time he comes to the cage. But I don't see him beating condit right now. Condit will strike at will on Rory and will stifle all of rorys take downs and sub attempts. I see rory having a short night this next time around.

Both fighters have advanced their skills exponentially since their first encounter. So how's this one play out for you and why ?

Don't think Rory's Truffle Shuffle is gonna faze Condit, head kick on the button, good night and good bye hype train.

Right now I'm leaning towards Rory by decision, but only because he can probably hold onto Condit for long enough (against the fence/on the ground) without getting finished by whatever big shots Condit hits him with.

Rory has improved a lot from that first fight. Honestly he may improve as quickly as anyone in mma, not named Jon Jones.

I think he beats Condit this team but it still won't be easy.

Rory is one weird guy but the guy can fight and he improves every time he comes to the cage. But I don't see him beating condit right now. Condit will strike at will on Rory and will stifle all of rorys take downs and sub attempts. I see rory having a short night this next time around.

Dude you speak like Condit had great TDD. He doesnt. That might be the biggest flaw in his game, well his wrestling is probably the only flaw he has. Rory took him down already in their first fight and Rory said that his wrestling was the part of his game that improved the most since they fought for the first time. If Rory tries to take Condit down, HE WILL. The question is, can he do something while on top this time around? Carlos has one hell of an active guard.

Besides, you said Carlos would stuff all of Rory's tdd's AND sub attemps. If Rory fails to take Condit down, how in hell could Rory actually attemp subs? lol.

Condit still more experienced and faced better competition. I'm with him but it will be a tough one.

Cant wait for this FOTN I really hope that Rory wins hes looked good in his last few fights

If Rory stay calm, Condit in for a tuff fight for sure Rory ask for this a belive he will pull out a win by UD. :eek:

Rory was just a little kid in the first fight. Rory 30-27

I lean alittle towards Macdonald in this, but it would be a HELL of a fight and would love to see it! I'll be rooting for Condit though, Rory seems kind of creepy to me.

Dude you speak like Condit had great TDD. He doesnt. That might be the biggest flaw in his game, well his wrestling is probably the only flaw he has. Rory took him down already in their first fight and Rory said that his wrestling was the part of his game that improved the most since they fought for the first time. If Rory tries to take Condit down, HE WILL. The question is, can he do something while on top this time around? Carlos has one hell of an active guard.

Besides, you said Carlos would stuff all of Rory's tdd's AND sub attemps. If Rory fails to take Condit down, how in hell could Rory actually attemp subs? lol.

There's many submissions that can be attempted without ever taking an opponent down.

Even though Rory wasn't destroying Condit, i believe Rory was on his way to a UD.

Rory has improves leaps and bounds since the first fight and is now a totally different fighter, whereas Condit has improved but is still the same fighter if that makes sense. So i honestly think Rory wins a UD or gets a late finish.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rory holds him down for a UD this go-round.

And I don't necessarily mean L-n-P or anything like that. Just an aggressive smothering top game and relentless TDs in the first two rounds.

Back