Rory to TKO Penn in the 2nd round

hes not going to finish penn, fuck hes not even going to win i see penn taking him out within two rounds

Rory 29 -28

i think BJ will come out strong in the first.

People said BJ couldn't beat Sean Sherk, wouldn't beat Joe Daddy, would get worked by Kenny Florian, didn't have anything for Diego....

Some people say that the world is going to end in 17 days.

I believe them.

fail, diaz couldn't finish bj, wtf makes you think rory can?

the only person who be tkoing anyone here will be bj

Watched Rory's fight with Condit again a few minutes ago and for a guy who was winning the fight, Rory did very little damage to Condit either standing or on the ground.
Now look at fights that Penn lost by stoppage (hughes and GSP) both in round 4 or came close ( Diaz and Fitch) only in round 3. At no stage in these four fights did a single strike on it's own have Penn in trouble, the accumulated effect of the fight wore down Penn for someone else to step in to stop them or the fight finished before it could be stopped ( ie his corner would have not have let him out for round 4 against Diaz had it been a 5 round fight and think the ref would have stopped it in the fourth against Fitch had it been a 5 rounder)
Also Penn usually wins the first round of fights, 3 of the 4 mentioned above for example, and starts the second well before starting to fade. This leads me to think that your prediction of a 2 round stoppage is a little early in the fight.
If I was to bet on Rory winning by TKO it would be in the 3rd
Personally I think that if this fight is stopped it will go against Rory, in his fight against Condit when it went to the ground in the first 2 rounds Rory was on top looking to ground and pound. Condit was able to tie Rory up with his guard to limit the damage taken, Penn is very similar in his ability to do this from his guard. Rory also doesn't look to have a one punch knockout power and with Penn having been a former world BJJ champ I can't see Rory submitting him and with the fight only been 3 rounds I think Penn will be the winner if the fight finishes early and Rory the winner if it goes the distance in a close decision.

all these nutriders on rory are either canadian or gsp fans or delusional.

rory is not gsp, he's got nothing on bj penn, his only chance to win is to push penn against the cage and keep him there for 3 rounds. and he's not even good at doing that. rorys standup is laughable compared to penn's. and i'm not even a bj penn fan, i loved when bj quit on his stool against gsp

but get f'king real people, if he wins it will be because bj completely gassed out.

If Penn does get finished no way does it happen in the first two rounds, maybe towards the end of the third if he gases but I do really like Penn's chances in this fight and hope its competitive.
This. I think OP prediction is pretty much the least likely thing that could possibly happen. Penn COULD be TKOed, but in the 3rd only IMO. Or submitted or whatever. But I think it more likely that if Rory wins it's by decision.

Like others stated it will be via Jon Fitch style. I don't see it happening, Rory's stand-up isn't that great yet. BJ is one of the hardest people to take down and when it goes there I don't see Rory out grappling him. He could but I doubt it... BJ via TKO 2nd imo!

Rory has to take him down if wants to TKO him.

Like others stated it will be via Jon Fitch style. I don't see it happening, Rory's stand-up isn't that great yet. BJ is one of the hardest people to take down and when it goes there I don't see Rory out grappling him. He could but I doubt it... BJ via TKO 2nd imo!

Yeah whats rory going to do? can he even get penn down? and if he does, what then?

the only option i see for rory is to wall and stall. its penn's biggest weakness, but to get penn against the fence will take some kind of standup technique that rory just doesn't possess or he'll have to eat about 3 dozen punches to the chin and i just don't think rory is dynamic enough to keep the wily penn against the cage for any sort of time.

rory will be forced to fight on the outside and this fight will be very reminiscent of when diego sanchez ate punch after punch trying to break the gap. In other words, rory will be tooled so bad it will probably make him switch weight classes

We have seen no reason to think Rory can TKO BJ standing. His stand-up looks okay, not too impressive so far. Can he take BJ down? I don't think so, his body locks will not work against Penn. I think Penn can out-box Rory and win.

I will take Penn by TKO in this one or submission.

It's possible. All depends on how bad Penn gasses. I personally think it'll be a third round TKO.

Last edited:
We have seen no reason to think Rory can TKO BJ standing. His stand-up looks okay, not too impressive so far. Can he take BJ down? I don't think so, his body locks will not work against Penn. I think Penn can out-box Rory and win.

I agree.....Im not impressed with Rory`s standup. I think he was on his way to a pretty bad KO loss to Mills if he didnt take him down.

I see Penn outboxing Rory or getting a TKO

Unlikely. If he does KO him it will be in the 3rd. A decision is much more likely

Back