Rory said his nose did not heal right (picture)

I was expecting his nose to look like MJ's when that fight was over.

Also saw this from his page

Lawler - Condit
11856730_865611403494214_108271993_n.jpg

damn
I would shit my self if someone looking like that got into an elevator with me.

Rory is going to have a pushed-in nose like Robbie does by the looks of it.

I'm liking Rory Mac more than before, but this guy was the heir apparent to GSP? He takes way too much damage to the head. His striking defense is pretty terrible.

Kirill "Baby Fedor" Sidelnikov was also supposed to be another great fighter's heir, but that doesn't always work out... he did win gold, silver and bronze medals in Sambo, but his MMA career was basically stopped by Paul "Don't fear the consequences, or something" Buentello :icon_conf

Andre Dida was supposed to be Sakuraba's brazilian/Chute Boxe heir, trained him personally for years, but he had to go back to kick-boxing since in MMA he kept losing to guys he should have ran through.

Being a GOAT's heir is no easy feat.

Bring it on!

1413555631009_wps_42_MANDATORY_BYLINE_PIC_FROM.jpg

(yeah, he also got his eyeballs tattooed black -yes inking your eyeballs is a thing-)

For people worrying about his income, it's cool he makes a good living as a satanist DJ (which is also a thing). Don't be so judgmental :icon_chee

1413555474949_wps_37_MANDATORY_BYLINE_PIC_FROM.jpg

I bet he listens to Neutral Milk Hotel at home.

Haha, yup. He posted the pic to instagram with the following:

"@carlos_condit vs @ruthless_rl cant wait to watch these to guys fight! two guys i have the most respect for! who do you think did a better job on my makeup? just kidding they both broke my face LOL"

Rory should honestly have more fans. I think he's fucking awesome. Listen to his new interview with Ariel on mmafighting.com (link)

He genuinely feels like that fight was the best moment of his entire life, Robbie is "super fun" to fight and he says that this picture perfectly describes him and his personality...

image92.jpg

lol

The guy is nuts. But the perfect kind of nuts to be a fighter.

He came off great on the JRE too. Seemed like a great guy.

Bummer I wonder if it will be a recoccuring Injury in the future.

Did he really say that? Ima a fan now LOL

I think Rory is finally getting beyond that awkward late teen/early 20's identity crisis and becoming the person he really is.

I think that if he keeps fighting the way he has in his last run since losing to Robbie the first time and remains a humble, but competitive fighter, his fan base will keep growing.
He really is a good fighter that might have to start doing some extra work along side his current team to get some advantages over the guys above him, but otherwise he is very talented. His awkwardness is what turned people off of him, but who isn't awkward at such a young age? There are only degrees of awkward when you are 18 to 25 and Rory was one of the most quirky.

I'm liking Rory Mac more than before, but this guy was the heir apparent to GSP? He takes way too much damage to the head. His striking defense is pretty terrible.

I agree that he might not be the "next GSP", but to be to Rory, he's fighting much tougher competition than GSP did, simply because the top of the division is so much nastier these days. He's not fighting the likes of Sherk and Trigg.

Of course, he can't keep taking the level of damage he did in the Lawler fight, but overall Rory's defense has actually been pretty good. The only major damage he's sustained has been against Robbie and Condit, who are probably the most dangerous strikers in the division. Let's not forget that even GSP got rocked by that Condit headkick and I imagine he would've struggled with Robbie too.

Unless injuries or something fuck him up, Rory's probably still go this best years ahead of him. He's only just reaching his athletic prime.

Wish nothing but the best for Rory. I hope he doesn't rush back into fighting too quickly. Takes his time to get healthy and get his nose healed up.

Oh well, better get Lawler to break it again so they can set it right this time.

His caption to that photo was the best part...

"Who did a better job on my make-up? Robbie Lawler or Carlos Condit? Just kidding, they both broke my face LOL."

Stuff like this, and the interview after his Metamoris appearence has slowly turned me around and made me a fan. Rory Mac is awesome.

I find him a bit weird personally, but I think he's a good dude. Hope he gets the belt someday.

Back