Rory refutes Dana's post-fight claims "I knew what was going on"

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/15/9...tory-mma?_ga=1.162372860.135462631.1437771766

In a world full of broken promises, and shattered dreams, it can be easy for comments to be misconstrued -- especially those of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White's.

Following the landmark, "best-ever" UFC 189 pay-per-view in July, White gave his assessment of the carnage spewed inside the cage in MGM Grand Garden Arena, where Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald threw down for the welterweight belt (highlights here).

White said after the event, "When Rory got out back, they said

i wouldve died if Rory said something extremely absurd in that moment

"What year is it Rory"

"What kind of question is that? It's ben franklin"

idk maybe im just retarded

He should have answered "the same year it was before the fight."

Think it was pretty clear he never got KOed and even after he fell, he was fully conscious.

It's just that his face got pushed in and it hurt like a bitch so all he could do was get into fetal position.

Dude really needs to stay away from those jabs next time around. Cost him the fight dearly

so the night of 189...the doctor touted to dana that when she got to the "what year is it?" question to rory, he stopped answering her. So in her mind he was maybe dazed and didn't know what year it was.
Dana then recounts that he possibly didn't know what year it was.
Rory then clarifies in later interview that he knew the year, just tired of answering questions.

TS, what is your point of this thread? I'm just glad danas not making shit up out of thin air

Typical Dana Baldfather hype job. "The fighters get all the money from the Rebox deal, we don't keep a cent."

so the night of 189...the doctor touted to dana that when she got to the "what year is it?" question to rory, he stopped answering her. So in her mind he was maybe dazed and didn't know what year it was.
Dana then recounts that he possibly didn't know what year it was.
Rory then clarifies in later interview that he knew the year, just tired of answering questions.

TS, what is your point of this thread.
You must be new to this. That's how Dana Baldfather does things. He takes a comment and puts it out of context and exaggerates it to support his claim or point of view. In this case, he wanted to make it seem like MacDonald was so battered and thoroughly concussed that he didn't know what year it was. MacDonald is clarifying that Dana is full of shit as usual.

I believe him. Some of these guys are so focused especially in a title fight that its tough to flick the switch and go into answer mode espesially the loser who just got his nose shattered.

I believe him. Some of these guys are so focused especially in a title fight that its tough to flick the switch and go into answer mode espesially the loser who just got his nose shattered.

The fighters always seem annoyed with the doctor checking on them win or lose after a fight. The doctor either interrupts their celebration or their moment of reflection in defeat.

There's a scent around Dana, that's for sure.
It's so bad he can hardly stand it himself:

dana-nose1.jpg

Sounds likely. That kinda trauma doesn't make you forget what year it is. It makes you have trouble recalling things, and there's a difference even if it doesn't seem like it. You don't "forget" what year it is, you'd just be slow to figure it out if asked.

Typical Dana Baldfather hype job. "The fighters get all the money from the Rebox deal, we don't keep a cent."

You must be new to this. That's how Dana Baldfather does things. He takes a comment and puts it out of context and exaggerates it to support his claim or point of view. In this case, he wanted to make it seem like MacDonald was so battered and thoroughly concussed that he didn't know what year it was. MacDonald is clarifying that Dana is full of shit as usual.

full of shit? would hate to live life with your brain. in your world, everyone's a trickster.
How would dana know that if the doctor hadn't told him? hmm?
I can totally see some overzealous doctor woman starstruck around dana blabbing that rory didn't know what year it was and of course dana is gonna jump off what a DOCTOR says.

but Dana white is Satan right?....always looking to pull the wool over eyes. get a grip. ...that fight didn't need bolstering.
/thread

Last edited:
I'm sure that Rory had his mental focus far away from the questioning. He had just lost a title fight that he'd been preparing hard for. Why would him not knowing what year it was even be worthy of telling people. Dana: "One of my fighters has potential brain damage. Does the UFC not know how to put on a show!"

He should have answered "the same year it was before the fight."

I had a trainer ask me questions after a concussion in football, and I had no idea how to answer his questions, it was a terrible feeling. You can't answer basic things, and certainly can't think of ways to avoid showing that you don't know the answers. Scary thing is that I practiced full contact the next day, and played a game a few days later.

I would that doctor, that's the onky interesting oart of that post-fight

i wouldve died if Rory said something extremely absurd in that moment

"What year is it Rory"

"What kind of question is that? It's ben franklin"

idk maybe im just retarded

That would be fckn awesome!

full of shit? would hate to live life with your brain. in your world, everyone's a trickster.
How would dana know that if the doctor hadn't told him? hmm?
I can totally see some overzealous doctor woman starstruck around dana blabbing that rory didn't know what year it was and of course dana is gonna jump off what a DOCTOR says.

but Dana white is Satan right?....always looking to pull the wool over eyes. get a grip. ...that fight didn't need bolstering.
/thread

Yeah Dana Baldfather is completely trustworthy, he'd never hyperbole something out of nothing :rolleyes: The doctor tells him something and he runs with it like it's big news. I'm surprised he didn't announce it as a "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT". Of course you blame the doctor. Anyone but Dana Baldfather is to blame, right? Keep that wool over your eyes, fool.

Is it just me or does it seem like Dana should try to downplay potential brain-damage and memory loss of a fighter after a fight instead of being the one to bring it up?

I don't think Rory has any reason to lie here

Back