Rory promises revenge against Condit / Their first meeting stoppage B.S or legit? GIF

Rory being hard on himself doesn't change my take on the stoppage. People would call him a crybaby if he complained anyway, it's not a fair position for a fighter to be in.

It's a no win situation, as "fans" are going to use a fighter's immediate post-fight reaction against them either way. If they argue a stoppage or decision, they're whining and poor losers. If they don't, they're condoning the decision and no one's allowed to question it regardless of how much time has passed or perspective is gained.

Doesn't sound credible

Well I kinda just laid that out. It's an unfair position for the fighter.

I have. I see a bad stoppage.

many fighters speak up when they think the fight is stopped early - i also clearly laid that out - name other times there was an early stoppage and yet the fighter didnt mention anything vs. the number of times there was an early stoppage and the fighter spoke up about it

dude got his ass kicked - even if it was late in the round, it doesnt really matter - see fights like jorgensen's last one, manny pac's last one or machida / t silva

your argument is that its clearly an early stoppage and that rory also knows it but he just doesnt want to admit it bc he wants to be a man - but clearly like i said people do speak up when they think it was early - maybe you know rory personally and know how he handles situations - maybe he spoke to you about how he was actually fine - otherwise ill take his words - he speaks his mind in interviews clearly, and i like that about him - i think he'd say what he really thought

The gif doesn't tell the story of the entire round. He getting smashed the entire time and the red had just seen enough cumulatively at that point. The refs are told to not pay attention to the time in the round when making their decisions, so apparently the guy had just seen enough of Rory getting mauled.

Rory being hard on himself doesn't change my take on the stoppage. People would call him a crybaby if he complained anyway, it's not a fair position for a fighter to be in.

REALLY! The hypocrisy is blowing my mind right now. The guy that loves to use Rampage's post fight interview after the Machida fight against him is now pulling a 180 when it comes to Rory!

good stoppage/bad stoppage call it whatever you like. Both guys have improved the rematch will be awesome. I will pick Carlos again.

I don't see why "the gif doesn't tell the story of the round" is a good argument either, in fact I think it strengthens the position that it was a bad stoppage. Rory had already weathered the storm, the worst was over and he was actively shifting his hips, clinching and working to avoid strikes. The stoppage didn't make sense, it's as simple as that.

with 9 seconds left, they coulda let it go to the scorecards

your argument is that its clearly an early stoppage and that rory also knows

First, it ain't an argument, it's an opinion - second, I'm not saying it was an early stoppage, I'm saying it was a bad stoppage - third, no I'm not saying Rory necessarily knows. He may or may not, I don't know. Either way I think the ref screwed up there, and robbed Rory of a draw.

tumblr_m89kl5UlQb1rsxaw8o1_500.jpg

Pic of Rory, backstage, post-fight, at 115.

Source: Rory MacDonald promises revenge against Carlos Condit at UFC 158

Man I'm pumped for this bout. MacDonald dominated Condit for 2 rounds, and would have won if it wasn't for that B.S stoppage that first time. U can check the stoppage below and you guys tell me if u agree with it or not.

jhkfe-o.gif

You need to watch the fight, not just a .gif. Rory did win the first two rounds, but the only domination in the fight was by Condit who took Rory to the woodshed in the third round which should have been a 10-8 if it had not been stopped. Rory did say in the post fight it was a good stoppage because of the ass whipping Condit was putting on him as well

First, it ain't an argument, it's an opinion - second, I'm not saying it was an early stoppage, I'm saying it was a bad stoppage - third, no I'm not saying Rory necessarily knows. He may or may not, I don't know. Either way I think the ref screwed up there, and robbed Rory of a draw.

the ref, the fighters, the camps, and most fans were totally fine w the stoppage while you arent - there really isnt anything else to say i guess

not sure why you think they wouldnt speak up about it - rory speaks his mind even when it leads to the butt hurt fans - maybe he did verbally tap, i didnt find anything, but i doubt at this point even that wouldnt change your opinion :]

many fighters speak up when they think the fight is stopped early - i also clearly laid that out - name other times there was an early stoppage and yet the fighter didnt mention anything vs. the number of times there was an early stoppage and the fighter spoke up about it

dude got his ass kicked - even if it was late in the round, it doesnt really matter - see fights like jorgensen's last one, manny pac's last one or machida / t silva

your argument is that its clearly an early stoppage and that rory also knows it but he just doesnt want to admit it bc he wants to be a man - but clearly like i said people do speak up when they think it was early - maybe you know rory personally and know how he handles situations - maybe he spoke to you about how he was actually fine - otherwise ill take his words - he speaks his mind in interviews clearly, and i like that about him - i think he'd say what he really thought
Rory's first words to Joe Rogan was that he thought the round was over,the boy took his beating like a man,never turtled up once.Can't wait for the rematch.

Legit. Rory even said afterwards it was a good stoppage and he verbally tapped.

I never heard that he verbally tapped before, where did you see that? If it is true then yeah there is nothing to talk about.

Poor stoppage, the ref didn't even stop it on a big strike. There were only seconds left. If it were Nog or Shogun, people would go crazy and see it for the weak stoppage it was, but since it was some new guy no one cared about, no one really gives a shit. Still, poor stoppage.

Agree 100%.

jhkfe-o.gif

Rory goes for a hip heist, controls the head, then scootches under once Condit ties up his left arm and starts throwing a few rights. He's too gassed to get up but he keeps rolling his head everytime Carlos throws a punch, none of which land flush, until Rory grabs underhooks on Carlos and then the ref pulls Carlos off with 9 seconds left. Absolute shit timing for a stoppage.

Did Rory get a brutal beatdown in round three? For sure. But if anyone thinks that that was an appropriate stoppage then Fitch should've won a TKO over BJ in round three and Shogun should've won a TKO over Hendo in the fifth.

I don't give a fuck what Rory said after the fight. The kid was caught up in the moment of getting the worst beatdown of his life in front of his friends & family and responded with class by not protesting the stoppage. He's not the ref and it's not his job to determine if it's a TKO or not. He didn't verbally tap and his body actions suggest he was still intelligently defending himself. It was bullshit and I see him getting redemption for the lone loss on his record.

Rory's first words to Joe Rogan was that he thought the round was over,the boy took his beating like a man,never turtled up once.Can't wait for the rematch.

yea i agree he did - and that was his first fight in the ufc - that must have been a crazy life event

the ref, the fighters, the camps, and most fans were totally fine w the stoppage while you arent - there really isnt anything else to say i guess

Lots of people thought it was a bad stoppage. Including people in this thread.

not sure why you think they wouldnt speak up about it

Yeah, it's not like I've laid it out to you twice or anything. It's cool if you disagree, but strange if you don't at least grasp the concept. Oh well.

maybe he did verbally tap, i didnt find anything

cool story bro

Lots of people thought it was a bad stoppage. Including people in this thread.

Yeah, it's not like I've laid it out to you twice or anything. It's cool if you disagree, but strange if you don't at least grasp the concept. Oh well.

cool story bro

i keep asking bc you ddint give a good reason - of course they'd speak up

you can get as patronizing as you want, its funny to me - i just dont see how you have such a strong opinion when those involved didnt even speak up

That's false information. They cant score a round that has yet to finish, and it was speculation on MMAJunkie's part.

2 judges scored the first two rounds for Rory, 1 had it a round a piece.

The final round would definitely have been a 10-8, resulting in a Majority Draw

Maybe it was in MMAJunkie where I read it. Either way even Dana agreed with the refs decision since their job is to mainly focus on the fighters and not to keep time. Round ends when the buzzer goes off and the Ref stopped the fight believing to much damage was given. What makes anyone think the ref could hear the 10 second mark.

i keep asking bc you ddint give a good reason - of course they'd speak up

you can get as patronizing as you want, its funny to me - i just dont see how you have such a strong opinion when those involved didnt even speak up

My take is less patronizing than your "well everybody agrees with me, so I'm not wrong" stance. Hardly a valid opinion.

It's cool if you disagree, not like it matters much anyway. The rematch is happening, which is awesome.

Back