Rory MacDonald wants to 'embarrass' Carlos Condit at UFC 158

Rory's head is bigger than Tito's at this point. Yeesh.

That win over B.J. really did a couple of things. It made fans hype Rory to no end due to beating a UFC legend, but also made Rory believe his own hype. Don't get me wrong, he was already pretty arrogant even before the fight, but I feel like he's way overconfident right now.

BJ was a picture-perfect opponent for Rory; a smaller, declining, fighter that has huge name value. I could be wrong, but I see Rory coming into the Condit fight extremely over confident and getting submitted in the first round. Rory Macdonald will become champion in the future, but he's getting a reality check first.

I think he is embracing the villan role lol

20120421_jla_sa2_925.0_standard_500.0.jpg

READ MORE: http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/14/3...macdonald-wants-to-embarrass-carlos-condit-at

Nothing like some good old fashioned revenge to inspire someone.

Rory's head is bigger than Tito's at this point. Yeesh.

That win over B.J. really did a couple of things. It made fans hype Rory to no end due to beating a UFC legend, but also made Rory believe his own hype. Don't get me wrong, he was already pretty arrogant even before the fight, but I feel like he's way overconfident right now.

BJ was a picture-perfect opponent for Rory; a smaller, declining, fighter that has huge name value. I could be wrong, but I see Rory coming into the Condit fight extremely over confident and getting submitted in the first round. Rory Macdonald will become champion in the future, but he's getting a reality check first.

If it's good enough for Nick Diaz, can it be good enough for Rory?

Condit finishes in the first, and Rory goes back to fighting lightweights and gatekeepers.

As much as Rory has made big movement with his skills... Carlos is arguably the second best man in this division and betting him will not be easy...embarrassing him will be even harder. He may beat Carlos, beat it will be a grinder!

I would like to see McDonald win; and if he does it won't be an embarrassment. Carlos is a tough SOB

Rory was very respectful in his loss of their first fight. What happened to that guy? He's acting like a doosh bag now.

I had this same conversation with a friend this afternoon. Loved humble and real Rory. Disliking this new incarnation.

Did Rory steal BJ Penn's attitude during their fight???

Rory takings losing damn seriously and a he's little crazy about it. A bit of insight there as to why he's gonna be champ one day.

hes bitter because he cant get his hand on the belt for a while

I love Serial Killer Rory.

The sport is in dire need of characters, it's all good fun anyway.

As for the fight, it's gonna be a war, can't wait to see what happens. One of the most interesting rematches in a long time.

This 100%

Rory fights awesome but he sounds like a vindictive little kid its kinda sad.

lol'd at the notion of Rory doing anything besides laying on and holding Condit down for three rounds, and still he will probably come out looking worse then GSP did against him, GSP looked like he'd been in a carwreck.

Rory wont finish Condit, he looked STIFF as all hell on the feet against BJ and was telegraphing strikes all over the place, Condit is fluid and very dynamic, and mixes all 8 perfectly. He also has one of the most aggressive and active bottom games in the UFC (if he can sweep GSP he can sweep Rory)

Yes because Rory is such a boring fighter and has never embarrassed fighters before (Penn, Nate Diaz etc)

Condit is not an undersized 155'er - he's a legit 170 fighter and will not be bullied.

He's made Rory quit already so you know.

If Rory tries to go to war He'll get broken again.

Back