Rory MacDonald vs Stephen Wonderboy Thompson in the works!

It's a great fight from the perspective of in-ring action, but in terms of logistics I don't get it. Wonderboy should be fighting for the title next after six straight wins including a starching of Hendricks. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Why does Wonderboy need another fight? 6 fight win streak and a win over the previous best fighter of the division is not enough? No one deserves the shot like Wonderboy does.

he is the ww ryan bader.

From a division/fighter's career standpoint I don't like this fight, but in terms of seeing the best fights possible this is a great one and I love it.

Sucks that Rory may be on a two-loss skid or Wonderboy's momentum blunted, that's for sure.

TL;DR

This is dumb and makes no sense whatsoever.
Why risk Thompson's spot against a guy who just lost?
We need new contenders, not the same guys.
No matter who Thompson fights, he'll KO them anyway.
Thompson is the next champ.

This is stupid.

Thompson deserves the title shot more than anybody. He's on a 6-fight winning streak, 4 via KO/TKO with his last win coming via TKO in the first round vs. former champ Hendricks. It makes literally zero sense as to why they wouldn't give Thompson a title shot in his next fight.

He apparently got a 6-month medical suspension and Lawler got a 2-month medical suspension after (losing) to Condit, so they could probably have Lawler fight somebody else in the meantime and then have Thompson fight for the belt as soon as he comes back.

This fight doesn't make sense for a couple reasons - Rory is coming off a TKO loss, Thompson is on a 6-fight winning streak with his last win being a TKO over former champ Hendricks in the first (as I already mentioned), and most importantly, if Thompson loses than it just means a fresh contender was knocked down the ladder by somebody who we already saw get fucked up by Lawler.

I don't want to see Thompson get pushed down the ladder. I think Thompson would beat the shit out of Rory anyway, but it's a huge risk to take this fight. Why put a new contender against somebody who just lost a title fight? All it does is keep the same guys at the top, it just keeps the same fights happening over and over.

It's always nice to have new contenders instead of the same guys.

Oh well, no matter who Thompson fights, he's going to knock them senseless. He would smack Lawler around the cage badly, he'd make it look easy, so it's whatever. Whoever they put him against, he'll beat the shit out of them.

Thompson is the next champ. Lawler won't be able to scrape by in this one and if he tries to swarm Thompson, he'll just get knocked out quicker. Belee dat!

Apologies for so many long ass posts, guys. I'll shorten them up from now on 'cause I know very few people want to read posts this long.

I love this matchup and I believe Wonderboy would of had his title shot if his division wasn't stacked.

That's the hardest fight for Wonderboy.

I favor Rory.

TL;DR

This is dumb and makes no sense whatsoever.
Why risk Thompson's spot against a guy who just lost?
We need new contenders, not the same guys.
No matter who Thompson fights, he'll KO them anyway.
Thompson is the next champ.

This is stupid.

Thompson deserves the title shot more than anybody. He's on a 6-fight winning streak, 4 via KO/TKO with his last win coming via TKO in the first round vs. former champ Hendricks. It makes literally zero sense as to why they wouldn't give Thompson a title shot in his next fight.

He apparently got a 6-month medical suspension and Lawler got a 2-month medical suspension after (losing) to Condit, so they could probably have Lawler fight somebody else in the meantime and then have Thompson fight for the belt as soon as he comes back.

This fight doesn't make sense for a couple reasons - Rory is coming off a TKO loss, Thompson is on a 6-fight winning streak with his last win being a TKO over former champ Hendricks in the first (as I already mentioned), and most importantly, if Thompson loses than it just means a fresh contender was knocked down the ladder by somebody who we already saw get fucked up by Lawler.

I don't want to see Thompson get pushed down the ladder. I think Thompson would beat the shit out of Rory anyway, but it's a huge risk to take this fight. Why put a new contender against somebody who just lost a title fight? All it does is keep the same guys at the top, it just keeps the same fights happening over and over.

It's always nice to have new contenders instead of the same guys.

Oh well, no matter who Thompson fights, he's going to knock them senseless. He would smack Lawler around the cage badly, he'd make it look easy, so it's whatever. Whoever they put him against, he'll beat the shit out of them.

Thompson is the next champ. Lawler won't be able to scrape by in this one and if he tries to swarm Thompson, he'll just get knocked out quicker. Belee dat!

Apologies for so many long ass posts, guys. I'll shorten them up from now on 'cause I know very few people want to read posts this long.

it's ok, I got half way through before it was time to stop reading. You had me at the first 4 sentences.

Why does Wonderboy need another fight? 6 fight win streak and a win over the previous best fighter of the division is not enough? No one deserves the shot like Wonderboy does.
I have a feeling they are saving Lawler for Mcgregor at UFC 200.

I like this fight. Its really going to show where Thompson stands. If he destroys Macdonald like he did Hendricks then I don't see anyone stopping him.

Why the fuck is he fighting Rory, when he just KO'd Hendricks. Who will Lawler fight now? Makes little sense. Unless they are trying to make Condit vs Lawler 2, which would be insanely dumb considering they would pass up a fight like Lawler vs Thompson.

he was up on the scorecards, all he had to do was survive and he'd be the champ. you're a retard.
Im a retard you're one of the most dumbest posters on here lol. Don't matter if he was up on the scorecards he still ended up with his nose split in half and dieing on that mat lol. Thats like saying all the dude had to do to win is not get punched in the face and get his nose broken lol hahhaha.
rory-macdonald-ufc-189-gif.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderboy isnt answering his phone. Too busy plowing asian vag in Philippines

Do not like this fight. What happens if Rory wins? Thompson is no longer in contention and Rory still doesn't get his spot as he's lost to Lawler twice now. Thompson has a great claim for next in line, though I'd prefer Condit get the rematch as he got royally fucked by the judges.

Fucking hell, does this mean Lawler/Condit II is in the works? They probably also waiting for the Mcgregor/RDA match up and see if Conor really wants to contend for the WW belt.
Hopefully. It's the only scenario that will make this fight (Rory vs Thompson) make any sense.

Damn wish they'd give Thompson that shitletot already

Just going to ask the obvious.. wondering where this leaves Thompson or MacDonald with regards to Firas Zahabi?

It is going to be interesting to see how this shakes out if these two are actually going to fight...

Im a retard you're one of the most dumbest posters on here lol. Don't matter if he was up on the scorecards he still ended up with his nose split in half and dieing on that mat lol. Thats like saying all the dude had to do to win is not get punched in the face and get his nose broken lol hahhaha.
rory-macdonald-ufc-189-gif.jpg

Confirmed idiot. i'd destroy you but your post makes it clear you're dumb and there's no hope

"don't matter if he was up on the score cards"

Lolz. K scrub.

Back