Rory Macdonald vs Hector Lombard

~ThrowDown~

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
At the post fight presser Lombard made it Pratt clear that's who he wants to fight next and Dana said its a possibility. So, If this fight does happen, who wins and how does it end?

Close fight. Lombard tends to set his tempo to the level of opponent he faces. If he fought Rory, we'd see a different type of fighter than yesterday. Against Burkman, Lombard fought at a brisk pace and kept his cool against an awkward fighter.

I don't like Rory at all.

Rory would eventually pick him apart a lot like he did to Tyrone.

I gotta think Rory takes that one pretty handily. He has a great footwork/pick apart game. Which is Hector's kryptonite.

Close fight. Lombard tends to set his tempo to the level of opponent he faces. If he fought Rory, we'd see a different type of fighter than yesterday. Against Burkman, Lombard fought at a brisk pace and kept his cool against an awkward fighter.

Wasn't brisk enough. He'd need to be all over Rory like Frazier was all over Ali, and after last night I don't think he's good enough to do it. Another Woodley like domination by Rory IMO.

Wasn't brisk enough. He'd need to be all over Rory like Frazier was all over Ali, and after last night I don't think he's good enough to do it. Another Woodley like domination by Rory IMO.

Well my point was it was brisk enough to handily beat Burkman. He would fight differently against a higher level opponent in Rory.

Rory takes it. He continues to evolve and get better. And he's in the right place at the moment.

Like Lombard and hope he wins, but I've underestimated MacDonald before and it's bit me in the ass. The guy comes with a gameplan, sticks to it, and is technically sound. Close fight.

After last nights performance i can't see Rory lose to Lombard, Firas Zahabi knows his stuff.

Me thinks Lombards chances would be higher in a 3 rounds fight

Rory will embarrass him, as long as he doesn't catch the wrong haymaker.

Rory would win even easier than he did against Woodley. He would utilize the jab and feints, and Lombard wouldn't be able to get inside easily. Lombard showed some big holes in his game last night and I don't consider him world class talent any more.

Rory is literally the most stale fighter in the UFC. They don't want him to win and probably wouldn't match him against Lombard because they know he would win easily via boring decision. Even GSP has some resemblance of a personality. Rory is a great fighter but it takes more than that to be a true superstar

in an ideal world:
rory for the title
hendricks vs lombard
gsp comes back

Rory, imo. I'd put a solid amount on money on him, provided the odds were decent.

Yep, Rory all day, Lomabard's stock went down after last nights showing.

Rory ain't gonna run like Burkman did so he'll be in Lombard's range more often. The fight should happen IF Hendricks is fighting Lawler. I saw they had Woodley ranked number 3 yesterday when hyping his next fight. WTF is that? he's at number 4 TOPS, if you have him above Lombard, which I don't.

Back