Rory Macdonald Toying with the WW Champion of the World

Wonderboy's striking and distance control is much better than Rory's, it'd be this but worse.

Again, there is only one way to find out.

But right now it looks likely that Woodley is going to be given the money fight with GSP instead of facing his top challenger.

Again, there is only one way to find out.

But right now it looks likely that Woodley is going to be given the money fight with GSP instead of facing his top challenger.

Yeah, GSP can step ahead of anyone.

I'd pick Wonderboy to beat him too though. Tristar already failed with a gameplan to beat him with Rory.

Here's Marquardt brutally ktfo the champion...

EagerFirmAsp.gif

At least MMA fans can trash their champions for embarrassing losses instead of those guys regulated to never becoming champion.
Because they lost a few fights when they didn't fight over matched competition their whole career.

U salty ts?

Hes still got the belt, still in the ufc..and rory is where?

I wonder what sherdog is going to do if woodley actually beats wonderboy.

I dont know if he will, cuz wonderboy is amazing...but im curious.

Woodley is quicker but the way wonderboy keeps distance using his length is just crazy. Then theres the timing beats speed stuff.
Easy to predict:
"Woodley is a roider and is way too big for the weightclass. He cuts from 220lbs to bully smaller fighters!"

Even though he has never tested postitive for a ped and nobody knows his weight in the cage as far as I know.

welterweight title has meant nothing since st pierre left

i dont like st pierre at all he annoys me as a person but it's true... eveyrone is one fight from a title shot now and it means jack shit

I don't like Tyron, his attitude or (for the most part) his fighting style, but in all fairness we could do this for most every champion.

Stipe getting beaten down by Struve, Cormier getting son'd by Jones, Bisping getting blasted by any number of guys, Alvarez literally getting his butt kicked by Cerrone, Conor getting rocked, slapped and choked out by Nate...

We're in an extremely competitive era.
You can add Nunes getting pounded in to bolivian by Zingano and Woodley getting dominated by Macdonald.
With Cruz' history with injuries we might as well call Mighty Mouse and Joanna the only truly dominant champions.

Easy to predict:
"Woodley is a roider and is way too big for the weightclass. He cuts from 220lbs to bully smaller fighters!"

Even though he has never tested postitive for a ped and nobody knows his weight in the cage as far as I know.

Huh?

If his nose didn't get destroyed by Robbie, Rory is champ today. But it did, and that's not the case.

That's one of the best examples of a fight completely changing the trajectory of one's career. I'd put it up there with the 2nd and 3rd Cain/JDS fights.

Will Darren Till implement the same gameplan against Woodley?

Yeah, Rory better sign back with the UFC now & git dat belt!
He's got a belt in Bellator and is about to fight for another one, then go through a WW tourney

He's fine where he is

He's got a belt in Bellator and is about to fight for another one, then go through a WW tourney

He's fine where he is
Good fun, calling me out with current information about something I said 2 years ago. I do actually agree that Rory did the right thing going over to the kiddie pool. I don't want to see him take too much more damage to that nose. I cringe just thinking about the Lawler fight & then getting it busted up again vs Weidman's brother in law.

He's got his hands full vs Mousasi though.... hopefully his nose can take it if Moose lights him up.

Will Darren Till implement the same gameplan against Woodley?

NOPE.

Hes quite similar to Woodley, very low striking output and explosions, but he is like worse version of Tyron, less explosive, worse grappling.
Rory can keep pace, Daren Till can't keep pace like him due to size, and weight cut, you need fighter with good pace who is intelligent enough to survive, take no damage, or being td during Woodley's explosions .
After every Woodley's explosion there 1 minute window when you can play with him but you have to be smart enough to know when. Rory was smart and skilled enough.

Back