"Rory MacDonald is the best WW in the world"

havent seen the fight but jesus, guy has one bad out and suddenly hes a laughing stock on sherdog.

To the common Sherdogist everything is linear: if you lose a fight or have a bad performance it means you are either on the down slope or you were never good. Everything is straight lines and black and white.

Also, it can’t be that Fitch is simply a good fighter. No, he’s just a crappy Bellator fighter and that means that if you lose to him or have a close match you can’t be good.

These fucking people.

It’s all so tiresome.

He doesn't fight though. Fitch avoids fighting or even wrestling by just hugging and doing those stupid baby punches

It takes absolutely nothing to do what he does. 100s of people could literally sit there and hug but they all choose to fight.

Call it what you want but that's not fighting

How do you know it "takes absolutely nothing to do what he does"? Can you do it? I get the sense a lot of fans just want boxing with kicks and knees.

???? Who's saying that now or before Saturday night .... or even after he left ufc.
I'm not even a supporter of Rory but this is why we have thee worst worlds sports fans in world. While he was in UFC, he certainly was talented enough for someone to hold that opinion. I dont know- maybe at some point he, arguably, was.
Why make such a topic now ? Who has said that like recently?

This is such an unforgiving sport and this has nothing to do with Rory. This has to do with the " fan mentality ". Fighter A or even champion A lost ---- now hes no good or fans will go back and pick apart their wins.
Or fighter A lost to fighter B FOUR YEARS AGO so how can he beat fighter C today.

Its embarrassing the lack of common sense and intelligence of your average mma fan.

He's struggling vs 40 year old Fitch..
lol.

Well like Firas said before the fight Fitch allegedly has huge amounts of chemicals running through him, honestly Fitch looked slightly more jacked than against GSP 11 years ago when Jon was supposedly in this prime.

If my nose was smashed in as many times as Rory's I'd rethink mma as well.

How do you know it "takes absolutely nothing to do what he does"? Can you do it? I get the sense a lot of fans just want boxing with kicks and knees.
Dude any professional fighter with wrestling can lay on people....it takes little more than balance and basic technique.

I like watching wrestlers who actually wrestle....you know?

Fitch is a vfw Khabib with no punching or wrestling....so have fun watching that non fighting on a show where people get paid to fight

I think it's fair to say Rory is no longer in the cluster of uppermost WWs as of May 2019. He's not that far away, but I think it's okay to have him a half-step back.

I think people had a slightly optimistic evaluation of him because he was really good at a really young age.

Most fans expected the path to continue upward, but it sort of hit a plateau. That's not the norm in sports, but not entirely rare either.

Back