"Rory MacDonald is the best WW in the world"

He has a child now , he may have found peace in his life .We don’t know what drove him to fighting. Some guys are animals ,and sometimes life makes an animal out of you(Rory ) . Fuck someone make a meme or something out of that . I’m on one tonight

That doofus has always been overrated.

Wasnt he a lock to become the youngest UFC champion ever?

<JonesLaugh>

that post fight doesnt bode well for the future...

enjoy that litecoin

As someone who picked Fitch to win, I want to gloat but really y'all shouldn't be surprised. Jon Fitch is the best fighter 2010s fan have never heard of.

Who's not a hall of famer now Dana? Lol.

Feel people backed Rory cause they wanted a second GSP era. Just cause he's Canadian and at 170 doesn't mean he's GSP!
Why would you gloat? Fitch didn't win.

people were just hanging on the fact that Rory was the last person to beat Woodley.

Rory isn't the best. But i think he's probably top #5. I'd put him behind usman, covington, maybe MVP and askren.

hater thread.

Rory is good and one of the best. Nobody is saying he is number one.

TS is a hater.

Rorys claim to being the best WW ever:

Getting beaten to a pulp by Condit, but only because he was 13.

Decisioning 145 pound 0.500 BJ Penn

Decisioning Tyron Woodley 5 years ago

Getting finished by Robbie Lawler

Excellent fighter, but a little overrated by Sherdog.

Rory had the potential but after the wars with Lawler and Lima I've been saying he's past his prime.

He said the Lima fight was the most pain he'd ever been in.
SmoggyUnsightlyAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-max-1mb.gif

Rory-MacDonald-Bellator-192-Carried-Mike-Van-Gorder.jpg

And the war with Lawler was legendary.

giphy.gif

Rorys claim to being the best WW ever:

Getting beaten to a pulp by Condit, but only because he was 13.

Decisioning 145 pound 0.500 BJ Penn

Decisioning Tyron Woodley 5 years ago

Getting finished by Robbie Lawler

Excellent fighter, but a little overrated by Sherdog.

He was on his way to the decision against Condit when he got finished in the last few seconds. He was also 20 years old, how you think that rematch goes today?

He hit BJ with everything but the kitchen sink. Before this BJ hadn't been finished since Hughes in 2006.

penn_macdonald640.jpg

There was absolutely zero shame to be had in his fight against Lawler. Rory was ahead on the cards after 4 rounds but they'd both taken an inhuman amount of damage.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/12/8936243/robbie-lawler-vs-rory-macdonald-ufc-189-scorecard

Last edited:
Rory got pushed to the best in the world after Woodley beat WB and people couldn't stand to admit Woodley was the best 170 pounder in the world.

hater thread.

Rory is good and one of the best. Nobody is saying he is number one.

TS is a hater.
I don’t hate Rory man, his second fight with Lawler alone has already ensured he’ll have a special place in history. I also said he was still a good fighter, just overrated by those who’ve called him the best in the world, and currently on the decline. If you haven’t noticed anyone calling him number one that’s great, but I can promise you that it’s been a persistent minority.

He was never, at any point in his UFC or Bellator tenure the best WW in the world. Only a ridiculous, jingoistic Canadian former GSP fanboy would claim this.

LOOOOL @ the people who've been propagating this bullshit!

Rory has always been extremely overrated. He's a large, jack-of-all-trades fighter with a few great wins in his career, but he also has shown a consistent pattern of coming up short when it really counts.

Lot of people only said it because they’re anti-Dana and Dana let Rory walk

Can we put an end to this myth here?

I think there's a lot of wishful thinking going into this because people have so much respect for Rory and were so optimistic about his potential when he was coming up. Maybe also because of the way he left the UFC.

Rory is on the way down, and his tissue paper nose is such a liability. He's still a good fighter but he's not the best in the world by a long shot.
His 2nd fight with Robbie ended his prime. That beating was life changing. They both took years off of each others lives.

i mean i think it was at least arguable before his fights with mousasi and fitch, at the very least i thought it was clear he was a top 3 WW in the world.

he's clearly lost a step, whether it be the damage he's taken or mentally. his post fight interview was pretty depressing, just him talking about how he doesn't think he has the fire anymore, can't pull the trigger, etc.

Back