"Rory MacDonald is the best WW in the world"

should have won easily if he just applied the Tito Ortiz "up up up up up up up" strategy, or just slipped his legs away as he did at some points... instead for some reason he decided to try and apply unnecessary kimuras and ended up in fitchs game.... bad gameplan rory

Who said that? That dude was always a gatekeeper status in my books.

I think you can find more fans who think Rory is the best WW in the world than who think he is a gatekeeper. Or, could have yesterday anyway.

btw rory was never the best WW in the world lol

beating the WW GOAT five years before he becomes the champ was his only claim to fame

I honestly don't understand your approach in this thread. Are you arguing that the idea that Rory MacDonald is the best WW in the world is rare? I don't think it is, nor has it been for several years now, particularly when Woodley was UFC champ, given how badly Rory schooled Woodley.

I've always thought he was one of the top three or four WWs, and struggling a bit against Fitch doesn't necessarily change my mind about that.

Maybe I'm just in a contrary mood tonight.

Yes, Rory is an excellent fighter, and yes he made Woodley look very bad.

It just seemed like this was a hater thread based on exaggeration. Every fighter who has any kind of success is going to have his suicide cultists, but I don't recall there being that many people thinking Rory was the best eva after losing to Lawlor twice, Wonderboy, and the Moose.

But hey, he apparently found a guy.

Rory fought a bad fight, and he's a not a "athletic" fighter.

You can see his tools are mostly there, his mind set is very suspect. He showed little urgency.

havent seen the fight but jesus, guy has one bad out and suddenly hes a laughing stock on sherdog.

Maybe I'm just in a contrary mood tonight.

Yes, Rory is an excellent fighter, and yes he made Woodley look very bad.

It just seemed like this was a hater thread based on exaggeration. Every fighter who has any kind of success is going to have his suicide cultists, but I don't recall there being that many people thinking Rory was the best eva after losing to Lawlor twice, Wonderboy, and the Moose.

But hey, he apparently found a guy.

I mean, i agree with you that Rory was not the best in the world, so let's start by agreeing on that. But yeah, I heard the opinion often enough on these boards that I think a sizable minority believed it, but I can't quantify it and it's anecdotal.

havent seen the fight but jesus, guy has one bad out and suddenly hes a laughing stock on sherdog.
One bad out?
giphy.gif

I used to feel that way.

The last two fights have changed my mind. He's not the fighter he was against Lawler.

And Usman is something special.

And Lawler beat him (twice) and so did Wonderboy in his last UFC fight. I always mocked the "Rory is the best WW and can beat anyone on the UFC's roster" and finally most others are, too.

only retards thought rory was the best ww in the world.

lol, okay you got me. But why are you sitting around thinking about some random guys nutty thread from a month ago? Did he challenge your manhood?
There were threads every day for years.
Especially when Woodley was champion.
It was very annoying, as you could tell they never even saw how he fought in bellator.

As someone who picked Fitch to win, I want to gloat but really y'all shouldn't be surprised. Jon Fitch is the best fighter 2010s fan have never heard of.

Who's not a hall of famer now Dana? Lol.

Feel people backed Rory cause they wanted a second GSP era. Just cause he's Canadian and at 170 doesn't mean he's GSP!

And Lawler beat him (twice) and so did Wonderboy in his last UFC fight. I always mocked the "Rory is the best WW and can beat anyone on the UFC's roster" and finally most others are, too.
Yeah I mean I can't really argue at this point.

I agree.

The thing that kept me with Rory was that those fights with Lawler were so close. Wonderboy was dominant. There is a lot of parity in that division though so I couldn't pick out another guy that was clearly better. Everyone had that L or that weakness that the right match-up could expose.

It wasn't so much about Rory being clearly better but just thinking he was the best of a very talented bunch of killers.

Back