Rory MacDonald is the best WW in the world

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everybody here was ...no, Woodley is a different fighter now blahblahb Rory is going down down.

Guess what?

Rory is the BEST WELTERWEIGHT in the world. Together with Lawler, Askren, Lima and maybe MVP.

There's no clear number 1:

Lima destroyed Rory's leg then Rory lay n prayed to a dubious decision victory.

They need a rematch

But I generally agree with your OP

Unless the Moose beating was too much, I have no doubt Rory would beat Woodley again today.

Maybe some people will jump back on the bandwagon of this thought too now since Woodley lost but I never thought otherwise, outside of Rory being too damaged from wars.

Woodley hasn't evolved since losing to Rory. That much was clear (and was my belief anyway) after last night.

<36>

Looked like a toddler against Mousasi, lost to Lawler and Wonderboy in his prime.

Rory breaks as soon as you tap his nose

Mousasi is the best MW in the world, what do you expect?

Alright, Scott Coker. Take it easy.

Mousasi was so scared of Yoel and Whittaker that he chose to switch organization and even admitted it wasn't because of pay. Also lost to Jacare who is clearly ahead of him P4P at MW, among others.
Also clearly lost against Shlemenko, the guy was robbed.

Last edited:
Alright, Scott Coker. Take it easy.

Mousasi was so scared of Yoel and Whittaker that he switched organization. Also lost to Jacare who is clearly ahead of him P4P at MW.
it was about money, Dana. the best MWs are Mousasi, Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero and Jacare.
no way the hype train israel or the steroid guy Costa/

I'd expect Usman, Wonderboy, and Askren to beat him, but I wouldn't be too confident about it.

it was about money, Dana. the best MWs are Mousasi, Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero and Jacare.
no way the hype train israel or the steroid guy Costa/

Nope, at least get your facts right. UFC matched Bellator's money, Mousasi even said that in various interviews.

Gegard chose to go.

Rory is 2-2 in his last 4 WW fights.
He's not the best in the world.

<36>

Looked like a toddler against Mousasi, lost to Lawler and Wonderboy in his prime.

Lawler and Wonderboy are really good fighters and Mousasi would probably beat the entire WW division if he fought them at MW.

I don't think there is a clear best WW, styles make fights and it could be Wonderboy, Rory, Lawler, Lima, Woodley, Usman, Colvington or Askren. I think that's a good thing, it's more interesting when you have a lot of guys that could be the best instead of a clear number 1.

Rory couldn't even win the title in the UFC and hes 2-2 in his last four, so no.

Nope, at least get your facts right. UFC matched Bellator's money, Mousasi even said that in various interviews.

Gegard chose to go.
your argument is not solid. go get a czech beer, the austrian one is shite :p

Fun fact: Ronald McDonald is Rory MacDonalds dad.

Back