Rory Mac Probably Told GSP What an Easy Opponent Woodley Was

Na he can strike, but not like Rory where he shut Woodley down against the cage. Not a chance
Sooo... don't suppose you recall BJ Penn being touted as "the best boxer in MMA" before GSP completely shut him down?
They have different styles so it might go differently, and it's even possible Macdonald's striking is better than GSP's, but you're a mental midget if you believe his striking sucks, even compared to any other fighter in MMA.

People who bring their politics everywhere they go are almost always retards who think they're smarter than everybody else
Had you bothered to read the entire post, you might have perceived the included (attempted) humour, particularly in the description of Hendricks, but also the hyperbole about Trump. Funny to see so much whining from people accusing me of whining. Edit: probably funnier than the post itself.

Had you bothered to read the entire post, you might have perceived the included (attempted) humour, particularly in the description of Hendricks, but also the hyperbole about Trump. Funny to see so much whining from people accusing me of whining. Edit: probably funnier than the post itself.

I didn't accuse you of whining

i just said you came off like a goof my man

GSP isn't that old at all.

True, but he did seem to be a little slower in his last few fights. That could be due to his knees or it could be a sign of oncoming age.

It's so hard to know what kind of fighting shape GSP will be in. It's possible that a few years off will have refreshed him. He looked psychologically fatigued imo, like the pressure of being champ so long was getting to him. I think all the talk of him picking and choosing posts of who to come back against are silly. I think GSP left for reasons having to do with his own body and mind and is returning for his own reasons as well, not based on ease of potential matchups.

True, but he did seem to be a little slower in his last few fights. That could be due to his knees or it could be a sign of oncoming age.

It's so hard to know what kind of fighting shape GSP will be in. It's possible that a few years off will have refreshed him. He looked psychologically fatigued imo, like the pressure of being champ so long was getting to him. I think all the talk of him picking and choosing posts of who to come back against are silly. I think GSP left for reasons having to do with his own body and mind and is returning for his own reasons as well, not based on ease of potential matchups.

Sure he wants to return, but he will make sure he takes a smart matchup. He wanted nothing to do with the belt when Lawler had it and now he wants the WW belt when Woodley has it.

Sure he wants to return, but he will make sure he takes a smart matchup. He wanted nothing to do with the belt when Lawler had it and now he wants the WW belt when Woodley has it.

I know it seems like a good point to keep repeating that GSP wanted nothing to do with the belt when Lawler had it, but GSP wanted nothing to do with the belt when GSP had it. You simply have no reason to believe that GSP is willing to return because Lawler lost. There's been rumors of his return brewing for some time, including reports that he's been training with a view to return prior to Lawer losing.

Hopefully, Rick Hawn was in the conversation too and told Rory that the Bellator fighters are easier for him

Rory totally neutralized Woodley. Woodley looked terrified and paralyzed for the entire fight. GSP probably believes he can do the same thing with his jabbing and karate.

Only reason I can think of why GSP wants to come back now at this point in time.

The fight doesn't make that much sense otherwise. Why fight for the championship if you're already 35 and will have to retire again soon anyway? Why not take a super fight against an equally old legend?

It's because a good opportunity came along: a champion that, in GSP's mind, he KNOWS he can beat. The thought of winning the title for a 3rd time from a younger, hungrier fighter would be Rocky-esque and would make him frontrunner for UFC GOAT now that Anderson and Jones both tarnished their legacies with PEDs. And you know GSP is all about his legacy.

So my theory is that GSP feels confident because of what his teammate and protege Rory Mac did to Woodley, and he thinks he can follow that blueprint with Firas's guidance to solidify his legacy.
Bullsh!t! Rory wants the belt badly, so he tells GSP, whom he refuses to fight, to fight Woodley, who would be a huge underdog against GSP.

I see what you didn't do there.

I see GSP coming back in amazing shape... beating woodley via a very close decision... then getting busted for PED's lol

Sooo... don't suppose you recall BJ Penn being touted as "the best boxer in MMA" before GSP completely shut him down?
They have different styles so it might go differently, and it's even possible Macdonald's striking is better than GSP's, but you're a mental midget if you believe his striking sucks, even compared to any other fighter in MMA.
BJ is a god damn LW or even FW and GSP used his wrestling too

Back