Rory and Lombard agree to fight eachother..

My dream fight is Lombard vs Gsp. Could Lombard handle Gsp wrestling strength?

half a no here. GSP is too good at setting up his clinch or shot with strikes. His well rounded-ness makes this a boring UD win, I think.

Man, Lombard gets no love. Rory is probably the most well-rounded gameplanner at WW now that GSP is gone, but Lombard is a wrecking machine.

He's only in boring fights when opponents backpedal from him for full fights, which seems to be all his opponents of late.

Robbie clipped McDonald when he engaged in a small fire fight, I can't see why Lombard won't. For all the success McDonald has on the feet, he predominantly sits behind a jab.

I think Robbie has more skill while Hector has the "I'll murder a horse" punching power. I think Rory moves too well for him. Plus, Rory is going to be wary of Lombard's power.

Since the UFC wants to make Lawler and Hendricks fight again and again this is the fight to make.

I think Rory wins and once he does denying him the title shot becomes madness.

Rory's fight style, sticking and move until his opponent gets tired then unloading, along with his 5" reach advantage will win this fight.

Only chance Lombard has is catching Rory hard in a dirty boxing. I don't see it happening though.

Can't wait for this one. Would much rather see one of them fight Lawler and the other fight Hendricks for number 1 contender though.

I would expect rory to play it safe stay on the outside and decision Lombard with jabs...no thanks.

Lombard doesn't have the gas or the size to deal with Rory. Barring a flash KO in round 1, I think Lombard gets controlled quite easily.

I laugh at people who think Rory has better striking...like what his jab? give me a break...Hector is stronger, more power and overall better striking but yes Rory has a better jab.

Rory is overrated, he is definitely top 5 but the claim of him being the champ in the division with GSP gone is ridiculous. The only way I see Hector losing this fight is if Rory decides to back-peddle and jab jab jab, which will be a major piss off for fans but it will likely be his gameplan.

If Hector can consistently push the pace he should win this fight fairly easily, Rory does not have the power to stop hector imo.

I see Hector using his striking to work into the clinch where he then manhandles Rory to the ground with his Judo and controls him with ease.

Its Lombard's time!

Lombard couldn't cut off freakin' Burkman.

Rory will jab him into a living death.

Do you guys think Lombard will try to get this to the ground ?

It's funny.I think he could if he wanted to.
He and Jake are good examples of fighters that like to stand and bang but have good wrestling.

I remember Jake also took Rory down in the third.

Hector should try getting Rory down just so the threat is there even if he
wants to stand and bang.

Lombard couldn't cut off freakin' Burkman.

Rory will jab him into a living death.

You do understand that over Burkmans long career...no one has finished him via strikes? Hector landed lots of big shots but Burkman refused to quit, as stated Burkman was pulling circle away gameplan...he ran like Starnes most of that fight...and when he did engage he lost every exchange....

I think soem fans just do not understand MMA enough.

Hector should try getting Rory down just so the threat is there even if he wants to stand and bang.

I hope that is what he does, I believe hector is far superiorin the clinch and on the ground. Striking he has way more power and speed but doesnt have the reach to utilize the technique that Rory does.

You do understand that over Burkmans long career...no one has finished him via strikes? Hector landed lots of big shots but Burkman refused to quit, as stated Burkman was pulling circle away gameplan...he ran like Starnes most of that fight...and when he did engage he lost every exchange....

I think soem fans just do not understand MMA enough.

Not to mention, he DID cut off Burkman, consistently LOL, and when he did, he landed HUGE shots, the ones Rory probably can't take.

People treat mma like a video game.

"This level 33 Dwarf couldn't beat a level 5 skeleton decisively, so how's he supposed to win against a level 33 elf?"

Would be great.
Clear #1 contender reveals himself.
Hard to confidently bet on either guy...

Lombard's last fight didn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence... but fuck it, war Hector!

Back