Roosmalen at Final Fight 26 in Linz, Austria

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Ridian, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Ridian

Ridian Lifelong Combat Sports Fan

http://ffcpro.com

September 23rd

Robin van Roosmalen fighting MMA? Interesting.

It's a mixed MMA/Kickboxing card.

2. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Black Belt

His 2nd pro mma fight and both on ffc,i rather to ser him under kb rules,but he got salty after guys dont gave another robbery victory for him against sitthichai

Ridian likes this.
  3. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

I'm bored with RVR in Kickboxing at this point. I think this is actually a good move for him. It's been a while since a top Kickboxer committed to MMA. He can always come back to KB.

4. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

I'd like to see him either in MMA or at 65kg or both.

5. Kanka

Kanka Black Belt

Wasnt impressed with van roosmalen in his last fight. He got taken down very easily and also got hit with a very clean punch that rocked him.

Im not sure if his standing still and using double forearm to the head defense will work consistently in mma against better strikers than the last guy he fought.

Next guy he is fighting has lost his 13 last boxing fights (record:6-14) and has never won a boxing fight outside slovakia. He lost both his ffc fightd and is 3-6 in mma.

Dissapointing opponent but roosmalen should be able to knock him out in the first round.

6. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

It's probably a good thing for Roosmalen, I'd rather he gets relatively easy opponents at first to get used to the ruleset and gain confidence rather than thrown to the wolves, lose, and then quit MMA. (+ the MMA crowd making fun of Kickboxing again)

7. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Yup. You don't really gain anything from a perfect performance. The fact that he got taken down and faced some adversity and came back to win was a great learning experience. People put way too high of expectations on fighters in their early fights in MMA.

8. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

He's only 26 he is young enough to cross over but he'd be in the deepest MMA division though unless he goes down to FW. If he was a HW he'd be an instant addition to the UFC even if his grappling is meh he'd probably beat at least some UFC HWs

9. ask

ask Blue Belt

I don't think he's intelligent enough to make the transition.