Crime Rookie Sacramento Officer Ambushed and Killed while Handling Domestic Disturbance Call

Perhaps I'm painting with too broad of a brush and also not considering certain unique qualities they can bring. Having said that I find it hard to believe that a woman who can walk into a chaotic situation and bring order to it is the rule and not the exception. I suppose I could be wrong but I'd have to see it to believe it. My life experience says the opposite.

I guess everyone has their unique experiences on every matter, but I have seen some truly great things from female cops. I responded to a call one time of a man acting strangely. First he shit in a parking lot while he was being taken from store to store by a cab. The driver called because he thought the man was going to rob a gas station. A female officer arrived and he threatened to punch her in the face. She was a k-9 cop, and the button to release her dog failed, but she stood her ground and called for back-up as this large man was threatening her. I arrived with my female partner, and approached the man. I asked to speak to him outside after he made his purchase. I will say that I handled the threats he then spewed differently than the initial female officer did. He turned to me and said “fucking cops, you want punched in the face?” I guess I did not because when he turned towards me an raised his fist, I grabbed him and suplexed him into a rack of potato chips. I then slipped on an rnc to end the fight, but he tried to bite me. Both female officers quickly jumped in without hesitation, which is more than I can say about a few(very few) male officers whole we refer to as “ringside robs” funny, many of them did have “R” names. Anyway, my female partner put a pressure point on his cheek as he tried to bite me and prevented him from doing so. He was legit insane, but not harmless, as he was very large(6’3 and about 250) and aggressive. When we got to jail, he tried to pee on my he guards and got his junk pepper sprayed for his efforts. I still remember the female customer in front of him when he made the threats. Her expression was priceless, as was the female attendant when other officers went to retrieve the surveillance video. She said “I just knew it was going to get real bad real quick when he threatened that cop.”

But to my original point, I would not hesitate to arrest or fight someone just b cause I had a female partner, and there were quite a few times that a person did not fight because of the presence of a female officer.

I guess everyone has their unique experiences on every matter, but I have seen some truly great things from female cops. I responded to a call one time of a man acting strangely. First he shit in a parking lot while he was being taken from store to store by a cab. The driver called because he thought the man was going to rob a gas station. A female officer arrived and he threatened to punch her in the face. She was a k-9 cop, and the button to release her dog failed, but she stood her ground and called for back-up as this large man was threatening her. I arrived with my female partner, and approached the man. I asked to speak to him outside after he made his purchase. I will say that I handled the threats he then spewed differently than the initial female officer did. He turned to me and said “fucking cops, you want punched in the face?” I guess I did not because when he turned towards me an raised his fist, I grabbed him and suplexed him into a rack of potato chips. I then slipped on an rnc to end the fight, but he tried to bite me. Both female officers quickly jumped in without hesitation, which is more than I can say about a few(very few) male officers whole we refer to as “ringside robs” funny, many of them did have “R” names. Anyway, my female partner put a pressure point on his cheek as he tried to bite me and prevented him from doing so. He was legit insane, but not harmless, as he was very large(6’3 and about 250) and aggressive. When we got to jail, he tried to pee on my he guards and got his junk pepper sprayed for his efforts. I still remember the female customer in front of him when he made the threats. Her expression was priceless, as was the female attendant when other officers went to retrieve the surveillance video. She said “I just knew it was going to get real bad real quick when he threatened that cop.”

But to my original point, I would not hesitate to arrest or fight someone just b cause I had a female partner, and there were quite a few times that a person did not fight because of the presence of a female officer.

This story doesn't support your notion that women make good police officers. What if the guy attacked her... could she have suplexed him or would she just have been punched in the face?

...... When we got to jail, he tried to pee on my he guards and got his junk pepper sprayed for his efforts. ......

This is the best thing I've read in a long time. Brilliant.

I'll admit the white kids shooting up schools gets a ton of media play time but I'm curious how many gang related gun incidents there are in say, the rougher parts of LA, Detroit, Baltimore, and such that fall under "mass shooting" simply cause it involved 3 or more people (I think 3 where the "mass" portion gets added to the descriptor, though I could be wrong)

There doesn't seem to be a unified standard for a mass shooting. 4 or more shot (not counting the shooter) seems reasonable to me, whether they lived or died. The problem is that lots of sources (including the FBI, I believe) exclude shootings that are in the commission of a crime...which conveniently excludes lots of inner city shooters and puts the spotlight on the Tobys out there.

Damn this is too close to home since I use to live in Sacramento for about 8 years. First the Davis officer, now this one.

We didn't have police in 1819. And when we did get police officers they were nothing more than slave patrols with the sole task of patrolling neighborhoods for runaway slaves. And guess what? That's all they do today. The only difference is were all slaves now and not just so called black people. They're patrolling and policing everyone now.
Where do you live that there's still beat cops around?

Unless by 'patrolling and policing' you meant just traffic patrol, b/c that's all i literally see cops do. Earn fine revenue for the city by pulling people over. I haven't seen an actual beat cop on the streets in like 10 years

I'll admit the white kids shooting up schools gets a ton of media play time but I'm curious how many gang related gun incidents there are in say, the rougher parts of LA, Detroit, Baltimore, and such that fall under "mass shooting" simply cause it involved 3 or more people (I think 3 where the "mass" portion gets added to the descriptor, though I could be wrong)

I'm not going to put up any judgment on which is worse, as they're both really fucked up situations, but there is a difference between a gang-related shooting or a drive by in which 3 (or more) people are shot and someone entering a crowded space with the sole intent of killing as many people as possible.

That's why people argue over what should constitute a "mass shooting". A guy committing a drive by with a specific target or targets isn't the same thing as someone trying to kill as many people as they can. That's why gang-related shootings are often left off of lists counting mass shootings.

The "official" definition should be changed to clarify what is considered a "mass shooting".

I'm not going to put up any judgment on which is worse, as they're both really fucked up situations, but there is a difference between a gang-related shooting or a drive by in which 3 (or more) people are shot and someone entering a crowded space with the sole intent of killing as many people as possible.

That's why people argue over what should constitute a "mass shooting". A guy committing a drive by with a specific target or targets isn't the same thing as someone trying to kill as many people as they can. That's why gang-related shootings are often left off of lists counting mass shootings.

The "official" definition should be changed to clarify what is considered a "mass shooting".
I can see that.

Shooting statistics in general need an overhaul. When they talk gun deaths as an example during gun control debates things like suicide, gang shootings, and police shootings are included in the stats.

Back