Ronny Markes - the epitome of whats wrong in MMA

he sucks but it's not a matter of weight.

Cutting weight is another skill. If you can cut a lot without it hurting your cardio then kudos to you.

I call BS on markes coming in at 217 lbs.. looked more like 197-202.. And even if he did, thats quite embarrassing that he cant do anything with that weight-advantage...

bullshit... thats a big fukn dude.. prolly walks around at 220-240

Everybody cuts weight. Everybody re-hydrates. Everybody plays by the same rules.

I don't know why you're singling out Ronny Markes.

This. Almost every fighter in the UFC has to cut weight to fight st the weight class he chooses.

There is a very real difference between diet, exercise and muscle development or loss as a means of moving weight classes and dehydrating yourself into a weight division. One goes hand in hand with development of technical skill and all of the general preparations one goes through to be a skilled athlete. The other isn't a desirable state, is countered as quickly as possible and has an overall negative impact on performance. Not to mention that regardless of how well you rehydrate, any form of dehydration going into a fight where the likelihood of head strikes will occur is just stupid.

Ever wonder if there would be less cuts overall if fighters didn't dehydrate? Dehydration effects the skins elasticity.

i think some of you need to learn what the term "epitome" means. here I will help you ...

Epitome - a person or thing that is typical of or possesses to a high degree the features of a whole class

so when you are saying I am calling out Markes only or other geniuses saying "not like he is the only one", the fact of the matter is I am not singling him out and im not saying he is the only one.

i think its bullshit ANY fighter can get away with this ...

if you fight at 155 you should be 155 or less when you enter the cage
if you fight at 170 you should be 170 or less when you enter the cage
if you fight at 185 you should be 185 or less when you enter the cage

and so on and so forth.

cutting weight is not a skill it is a way to cheat the system.

There is a very real difference between diet, exercise and muscle development or loss as a means of moving weight classes and dehydrating yourself into a weight division. One goes hand in hand with development of technical skill and all of the general preparations one goes through to be a skilled athlete. The other isn't a desirable state, is countered as quickly as possible and has an overall negative impact on performance. Not to mention that regardless of how well you rehydrate, any form of dehydration going into a fight where the likelihood of head strikes will occur is just stupid.

Ever wonder if there would be less cuts overall if fighters didn't dehydrate? Dehydration effects the skins elasticity.

i think there would be better fights if fighters didn't cut weight and fought at a comfortable weight since they wouldn't be doing damage to their stamina.

I hate fighters that are passionate and use every single advantage to win.

MMA needs more BJ Penns. Just scrap.

Maybe his opponent should cut that much as well.

You're a damn fool.

Have you ever tried to "stuff" takedowns from a fighter that only wants to grapple with you? You either need to be a much better wrestler than them or one of the best fighters in the division, period.

Even if you don't get taken down, you can be lose rounds just because the other guy was trying to take you down and you were preventing that. Entire rounds get eaten up in the struggle and by default go to the guy going for takedowns.

What failed take downs dont score you point just how sub attempts dont either. I dont think swinging and missing the guy scores you points either pretty sure you have to connect your fist to their face/body. Im no MMA judge though like you.:rolleyes:

i think there would be better fights if fighters didn't cut weight and fought at a comfortable weight since they wouldn't be doing damage to their stamina.

I hate fighters that are passionate and use every single advantage to win.

MMA needs more BJ Penns. Just scrap.

This was the perfect follow-up post because BJ looks great when he had to get down to 155 and is quite often in lousy shape when fighting up at 170.

This was the perfect follow-up post because BJ looks great when he had to get down to 155 and is quite often in lousy shape when fighting up at 170.

Doing it through diet and exercise is one thing, doing it through dehydration is another.

not ready to let go of this topic yet. So here's a bump

The stupid thing is, is "everybody" does it, then "everybody" should just move up to their natural weight. They would all still fight the same people they'd fight at their current weight class, and they wouldn't go through the hellish weight cutting ordeal.

How would this be enforced? It only takes one guy to gain an advantage by cutting weight to make it a necessity for most fighters.

Same day weigh ins cause more problems than they solve, because if a fighter is fighting while dehydrated, it puts them at greater risk of some types of injury.

In short, this is just another aspect of most combat sports that these athletes have learned to deal with years ago. There's no real problem here.

What's wrong in MMA is some guys not knowing how to stuff takedowns, especially when their opposition is a good wrestler. That's what is wrong with mixed martial arts.

Hahahaha. No. If more take down defense would solve a problem, then the problem by definition must lie intrinsically with the act being defended.

I do agree an awful lot of fighters could use better TDD. And I have no real problem with wrestlers. But a few folks seem to have no intention or no ability to use their wrestling in a way that would facilitate damaging or submitting their opponents. They win by inconveniencing their opponents for fifteen minutes or so.

fights at 185, can weigh in at 185 but when he enters the cage he is 217lbs? this is according to Chael on the broadcast.

how can people even justify this being ok? to go into a fight and be heavier than Light heavyweight?

sorry but this is nonsense you should have to weigh in at 185(or whatever your weight division is) or less a couple hours before the fight. if you can't then get the fuck out of that weight class.

that's the current rules so, yes, its ok for now. but i do think its better however that in the interest of fighter health weight cutting should be discouraged by same-day weigh-ins.

What's wrong in MMA is some guys not knowing how to stuff takedowns, especially when their opposition is a good wrestler. That's what is wrong with mixed martial arts.

i thought craig did pretty good with his TDD and wrestling despite the size and strength disadvantage. He needs to improve though. His late rally in the 3rd despite the fact shows he has promise.

The stupid thing is, is "everybody" does it, then "everybody" should just move up to their natural weight. They would all still fight the same people they'd fight at their current weight class, and they wouldn't go through the hellish weight cutting ordeal.

Some people dont understand it, for me is clear, do the weight in right before the fight, is healthier and fair

Back