Ronny Markes - the epitome of whats wrong in MMA

Cutting weight is a skill, just like striking or wrestling.

I am a wrestling nuthugger to the core, but Markes irks me based on his fighting style... He just sort of wallows on top of people without managing to look dominant.

Guys try to get every advantage. I think it was worse with Rumble.

But don't worry, he'll soon permanently damage his endocrine system and be forced by his own body to move up.

Pictures will help to clear this one out

I honestly never want to see that guy fight again. His first fight was good but this one exposed him. He's not much else but a wrestler. His striking sucks on top of that.

If you can cut the weight, more power to you. I have no issue with it. Your weight class is the weight you weigh in at.

This.

You hit your 186 then you're good. That's your weight class. Both guys have to hit the same weight, its up to them how much they want to cut/lose to get there, but the end of the day they each hit their contracted weigh in weight.

Nobody bitches about GSP being heavier and stronger than whoever he's fighting.

Markes should fight Boetsch. Should be a real snoozer.

Weight cutting should offically be limated to white american wrestlers.

he didnt win the fight because of his weight

give him a step up in competition and watch him lose

Cutting weight is a skill, just like striking or wrestling.

it's a skill that needs to be out lawed. weight classes were created for a reason. great that guys found a way around the intent of the rule while following it to the letter. when the rules makers realize the spirit of the rule is being made a mockery of they should tighten the rule.

Nobody bitches about GSP being heavier and stronger than whoever he's fighting.

Markes should fight Boetsch. Should be a real snoozer.

that is because gsp is a middle of the pack ww. most of the other top ww are bigger then him.

You're a damn fool.

Have you ever tried to "stuff" takedowns from a fighter that only wants to grapple with you? You either need to be a much better wrestler than them or one of the best fighters in the division, period.

Even if you don't get taken down, you can be lose rounds just because the other guy was trying to take you down and you were preventing that. Entire rounds get eaten up in the struggle and by default go to the guy going for takedowns.

If all an opponent does is go for TDs and you can't counter it then you aren't a Mixed Martial Artist. If you can get dominated by any one aspect of MMA then you have a problem.

It does seem like bs and makes the weight divisions kind of a joke

Back