Ronny Markes 216lb this afternoon

Not surprised he's cutting so much. His face was extremely gaunt at the weigh-ins. Anyway, I hope Craig wins cause Markes is boring as hell.

Andrew Craig isn't exciting either.

He literally just gets styled on until his opponent gasses and then he puts on his best Forrest Griffin impression.

Andrew Craig isn't exciting either.

He literally just gets styled on until his opponent gasses and then he puts on his best Forrest Griffin impression.

His fight with Noke was fun. Also, I don't seem to recall Forrest ever getting any brutal head kick KO's.

Yeah but markes is all hype, he nearly got ktfo by simpson and shouldve lost that decision imo.

1) You haven't seen the guy fight then, the guy is good, havent read anything about him being future MW champ so he's not all hype

2) Mike Pierce nearly got ktfo by Aaron Simpson and Pierce has an iron chin....

3) Markes won that decision 29-28 pretty clearly. Close fight but Markes won

This is why I roll my eyes when people get so impressed by MWs being to KO heavyweights. Is it really hard to imagine guys that naturally weigh over 200 pounds can knock out other guys who weigh over 200 pounds? Just because you weigh 250 doesn't mean only other guys who weigh 250 can KO you.

agreed if your over 200 in great shape u are a big man

His fight with Noke was fun. Also, I don't seem to recall Forrest ever getting any brutal head kick KO's.

Not really, it was just a jab jab leg kick fest once Noke gassed.

And that head kick was a complete fluke.

Natal was so much faster than him he wasn't properly defending because he was destroying Craig in the standup. Instead of blocking he was just backing out and escaping all of Craig's strikes....it was terrible technique that he got away with because of the huge gap in athleticism.

Unfortunately he gassed and when he tried to keep escaping like that he didn't get as far as he was in the first and got hit with a completely un-set up, telegraphed head kick that was thrown in the sloppiest most unathletic way I've ever seen.

Markes is going down. Craig will pick his shots to a TKO in Rd. 2.

All the Craig haters, I see you.

cannot stand the weightcutting.... i mean, its cool from a "look what the body can do" standpoint. But i'd rather see guys who have all their energy fight at their normal walking weight.

cannot stand the weightcutting.... i mean, its cool from a "look what the body can do" standpoint. But i'd rather see guys who have all their energy fight at their normal walking weight.

I agree.

Back