Ronin's Unbeaten Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, I suppose. Mostly old "hard" TMAs though that take some stretching of the imagination to put to use. Like I said, in situations where it counted, wrestling was what I always fell back on.

BJJ

1 hour drills
1 hour subs
maybe 5 minutes free rolling with someone smaller, younger and much more energetic & "in shape" than me...resulting in 2 taps & one stop due to blood...all from me:redface: I've also got a nice bruise from where his heel came down on my nose while attempting an arm bar and the skin connecting the bottom of my ear to my head is torn though I don't know how/when that happened.

**Lessons learned:
  • I've got a long way to go.
  • Many moves that the smaller guys can run through like nothing are much more challenging for big guys. The teacher/instructor/whatever showed me & the guy I was working with alternative moves for some of the drills & subs cause he said they're just not gonna happen with someone our size

Today was a "trial" lesson. I signed up for all-access, I can now go to any class, any time (assuming I'm in town)

That sounds like everyday at BJJ for me lol Except it's usually someone bigger, stronger and more energetic than me =P

Good luck with it!!!

IMG01617.jpg

IMG01618.jpg

Pull​

DL

225 x 8
315 x 5
405 x 3
495 x 1
545 x 1 x 5

Front Squat

185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
315 x 1

Kroc Rows

125 x 15/side
125 x 15/side
125 x 20/side

**Pretty beat up. Wasn't planning on going so heavy on DL but 495 was so easy I went for it**

Thanks. I'm trying to decide what classes to do tomorrow.
ATT Altitude Gym | Aurora | Denver - gym site
ATT Altitude Schedule - schedule

I'm thinking Jiu Jitsu then a break then Muay Thai and/or MMA. If I do the MMA class there's a chance that due to size alone I'd get to go with Bobby a bit...not sure if that's good or bad. Baptism by fire anyone?

Holy Shit!

Ass pics and bjj plus lifting?

See you tomorrow, big guy. :D

Toothache kept me up most of the night, so I skipped the noon BJJ class. 1800 - 1900 Muay Thai &/or 1900 - 2100 MMA still looking likely though.

Thanks to the pics you posted, I had a wrist ache that kept me up most of the night.

Overhead​

Press

Strict
bar x 25
95 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 2
Push
225 x 3
255 x 1
275 x 1
255 x 2
255 x 3
255 x 1 + fail
255 x 2 (Wraps)
225 x 5
Strict
135 x 13

Unilateral DB Bench

70 x 8/side
85 x 8/side
95 x 6/side
95 x 7/side

Cubans

25 x 15 x 3

Rear Delt Machine

Setting #9 x 20 x 2

Bikini-Girls-003-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. Nice pp too.

How long will you be home this time? I was thinking I'd like to get in a workout or two with you to check on my form for SOHP and maybe something else. Also, if you have any interest in cigars and rum while you are in town let me know, I have an ideally situated deck.

That sounds great. I'm planning on meeting another friend for some squatting tomorrow AM @ the 24-Hour Fitness, but we could change it to RMLC if you want to join. What does your schedule look like?

That sounds great. I'm planning on meeting another friend for some squatting tomorrow AM @ the 24-Hour Fitness, but we could change it to RMLC if you want to join. What does your schedule look like?

Sweet. I'm down. I have somewhere to be from 1:00-3:00, but other than that I'm free. I'm happy doing the 24hour fitness if that's what works for you guys. I'll give you a call later this afternoon to figure out the details.

Sounds good. Actually, I have to go pick him up, so whether we go to RMLC or 24-hour is up to me, so I'm leaning toward RMLC anyway. It'll be empty that early, too. I'll turn my ringer on so I don't miss ya

BJJ​

Not really much of an instructional class. Went over a couple warm up drills, and a setup for an arm triangle from having the back and the person attempts to escape, then did about an hour of free rolling from the knees. My opponent tonight was almost my age, about as out of shape as me, and just moved from FL so the altitude was killing him. It was a bit of redemption from last time when someone smaller kicked my ass, but I'd prefer something in the middle where I have to work hard for an upper hand, and a mistake could cost me. It was a decent little workout though, I shouldn't complain.

Cosmo.jpg

This log gets better and better. Glad to see you getting some quality training in.

Oh, and more pics of reef girls. They're awesome.

Thanks Stewy, I'm trying.

More pics of a different variety:
Bobby Lashley surprised me. I know the whole pro wrestling thing is a lot of acting and hype, but I guess my image of him from that still stuck in my head. I expected him to be arrogant and maybe a bit of an ass, but he's really down-to-earth & laid back. Here's a couple pics of my older one playing with his little girl in the cage at ATT.
CIMG1220.jpg

CIMG1218.jpg

Here's the younger one getting her first taste of the cage...literally
CIMG1238.jpg

CIMG1228.jpg

Here's the 2 of them together
CIMG1230.jpg

Ah, wouldn't it be nice to be that flexible
CIMG1249.jpg

Squat​

Squat

135 x 6
225 x 5 (Knee sleeves)
315 x 5 (Knee sleeves)
405 x 3 (Knee sleeves)
495 x 2 (Knee sleeves)
555 x 1 (Wraps, a real grinder)
500 x 2 (Wraps)
500 x fail (Knee sleeves - spent too much time BS'ing between sets, wasn't even close)

Box Jumps

30" x 6
36" x 1

Atlas Stones

Just picking up and messing around, no platforms to load on or anything

700-pound Tire Flipping

40' in 40 seconds. Was originally planning on going 100', but when I stalled out on the first flip I realized that probably wasn't gonna happen.

**Met John & another buddy at the RMLC for all this. Good time as always**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back