Rondas next fight should be on FOX

tf1legend

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seriously why even order if she's finishing fights in 30 seconds. She's so ahead of her competition that's its not worth it to spend $60 on a mismatch that will last under a minute. The casuals think she's a phenomenon and the hardcores don't mind her. I don't see a good reason why she shouldn't fight on national TV other than the UFC being greedy or if she co mains on the Notorious card..

Considering Ronda is their biggest PPV draw and the UFC's main source of income are PPV buys, they would be stupid to give her away on free TV. She's one of the few draws they actually have. You milk that until it runs dry and then might consider putting her on free TV just for the publicity.

Considering Ronda is their biggest PPV draw and the UFC's main source of income are PPV buys, they would be stupid to give her away on free TV. She's one of the few draws they actually have. You milk that until it runs dry and then might consider putting her on free TV just for the publicity.
Actually, as of 2015, Jones and McGregor are their biggest draws. Rousey's PPVs have historically performed at an above average level, with the exception of the Tate rematch, was was a co-headliner to Weidman/Silva II, and was a grudge match equally built up by Tate and TUF18.

Popularity =/= PPV draw. Grudge matches sell PPVs.

Actually, as of 2015, Jones and McGregor are their biggest draws. Rousey's PPVs have historically performed at an above average level, with the exception of the Tate rematch, was was a co-headliner to Weidman/Silva II, and was a grudge match equally built up by Tate and TUF18.

Popularity =/= PPV draw. Grudge matches sell PPVs.

Conor has only had one PPV he main evented and while it was estimated to do 950k-1 million buys, the UFC invested more money into promoting the show than they got out of it. We can't base his numbers on one PPV.

Ronda's numbers so far as a main eventer on PPV:

Rousey vs. McMann - 340,000
Rousey vs. Davis - 550,000
Rousey vs. Zingano - 600,000
Rousey vs. Correia - Trending towards 900k-1 million

No one comes close to her consistently and she keeps getting bigger and bigger numbers. Not to mention, there is no question she is the biggest mainstream fighter by far.

Jones drew well with Cormier with a big build but otherwise, his numbers have been only slightly above average.

TS logic is ridiculous.

So because she's a draw & dominant she should be on FOX because you don't like quick fights?

The tears fuel my laughter. Mad max style.

I think it would be good exposure. Lets do it!

Conor has only had one PPV he main evented and while it was estimated to do 950k-1 million buys, the UFC invested more money into promoting the show than they got out of it. We can't base his numbers on one PPV.

Ronda's numbers so far as a main eventer on PPV:

Rousey vs. McMann - 340,000
Rousey vs. Davis - 550,000
Rousey vs. Zingano - 600,000
Rousey vs. Correia - Trending towards 900k-1 million

No one comes close to her consistently and she keeps getting bigger and bigger numbers. Not to mention, there is no question she is the biggest mainstream fighter by far.

Jones drew well with Cormier with a big build but otherwise, his numbers have been only slightly above average.
Her previous PPV performance is above average for a headliner. It's certainly better than Mighty Mouse, Pettis, Aldo, among others, but that's more of a commentary on their lack of drawing power and the state of the sport, rather than a compliment on Rousey's drawing power. If Rousey-Correia does 900k-1mm buys, I will eat my hat.

The general feeling from the casual audience (who determine whether an event goes north of 500k buys or not) on Twitter was that not a lot of them actually bought the PPV, but rather saw the 45-second YouTube clip. Meltzer's report will be very interesting.

If this fight does any less than 600k buys, than it's not a bad idea to use Rousey on a FOX show to elevate her drawing power with the casuals by giving them a fight they don't have to pay for, but the Tate fight shouldn't be it. Rousey-Tate III should most definitely be on PPV, but if Rousey's given another squash match, putting her on FOX is not a bad idea.

Seriously why even order if she's finishing fights in 30 seconds. She's so ahead of her competition that's its not worth it to spend $60 on a mismatch that will last under a minute. The casuals think she's a phenomenon and the hardcores don't mind her. I don't see a good reason why she shouldn't fight on national TV other than the UFC being greedy or if she co mains on the Notorious card..

Because it's a BUSINESS.

Can we just make a rule now that Blue Belts can't start threads?

Ronda Bless.

Conor has only had one PPV he main evented and while it was estimated to do 950k-1 million buys, the UFC invested more money into promoting the show than they got out of it.

Based upon? And please don't tell me that one Dana White quote where he also said they'd be promoting heavily during the NBA Finals.

Everybody else has said the event was a massive financial boon with one ardent UFC hater saying it probably generated close to 30 mil.

Jennifer Lawrence reads your post and agrees, but with an expression of pure sarcasm.

I don't believe the TS has ever paid for a PPV.

Sounds cheap and young.

i don't know if you are aware of this, but there were 6 other fights on that card.
It was a good night's entertainment and worth the money.

I'm sure Fox would have pay extra money for it to happen. It would be interesting to see what kind of ratings she would generate.

Based upon? And please don't tell me that one Dana White quote where he also said they'd be promoting heavily during the NBA Finals.

Everybody else has said the event was a massive financial boon with one ardent UFC hater saying it probably generated close to 30 mil.

Dana said they expected to lose money on the event even if it did huge numbers on PPV. The commercial cost millions, the world tour, the pay roll, the advertising, the special effects, the singers. It was the most they had ever spent on an event.

It was mentioned they would be lucky if they break even but the theory was you lose a little bit of money now in trade for Conor becoming a massive star because of it and hopefully drawing good numbers on PPV without needing the extra push after.

for that you can watch the highlights of her fights on youtube

Yeah, she ain't going to be headlining any FOX cards anytime soon.

Back