Ronda's mom wrote some stuff about the loss

http://drannmaria.blogspot.nl/2016/12/i-have-this-to-say-about-my-daughter.html

I have this to say about my daughter, Ronda

Like every mother and daughter on the face of the earth, Ronda and I don't always see eye to eye. However, there is one situation where I am pretty certain.

All of those who have criticized Ronda for taking a loss so to heart, for not just 'shrugging it off' don't understand that what made Ronda so successful is that she cares DEEPLY about winning to an extent that I don't believe the average person can wrap his/her head around.

Caring deeply about something and working your hardest to achieve it doesn't mean you make the right decisions 100% of the time. Wouldn't it be a nicer world if it did?

Those of you who want to criticize Ronda, I just want to point out a few things. First of all, I know her better than you and she is a smart, kind, talented, generous, hard-working person.

Second, I'd like to list some of her accomplishments, and note that she isn't yet 30 years old.

• Junior World Judo Champion
  • Panamerican Games Judo Gold Medalist
  • First American woman in a decade to win a world cup in judo (and then she went on to win several more)
  • U.S. Open Gold Medalist
  • World Judo Championships Silver Medalist
  • Olympic Bronze Medalist
  • U.S. Senior National Champion
  • First UFC World Champion
  • First woman to make a million dollars in martial arts
  • Co-authored sports book of the year - My Fight/ Your Fight
  • Acted in three movies

That's just a partial list, but let me suggest that someone who has been world level athlete in two sports, written a best seller, acted in movies and made millions of dollars, all before the age of 30 has a pretty darn good track record. On top of that, Ronda has been part of the USADA drug testing since she was 16 years old, never failed a drug test, always paid her taxes, never been arrested, never been to rehab, has zero divorces, zero DUIs and zero children. While you might think that is to be expected, look how many celebrities (heck, look how many of your neighbors) can say that.

I am very proud of my daughter.

As my other wonderful daughter, Maria, told her ,

"We love you just as much 10 minutes after every fight as we did in the 10 minutes before."

Edit: Since so many people asked me "What do you mean zero children? Children aren't a bad thing." I agree. I have four. I meant that she did not have children before she was able and willing to raise them.
200.gif

It did? How do?

I really shouldn't invite questions, some of you are as mentally retarded as Ronda is emotionally retarded.

After losing Ronda didn't show up for the post fight press conference despite her Promoter saying she would prior to the fight. Ronda also didn't bother to address her fans in attendance, those are people that have stood up for her, supported her, and paid their money to see her perform. I would consider that an inability to lose graciously or even pretend to. That's poor sportsmanship and it's all because she was too wrapped up in her own emotions and unable to deal with the repercussions of a loss in the face of the public....which is fine with me, I don't care to see her at all, but I'm not one of her fans or one of the people that have supported her career, if I was, I wouldn't like it at all.

Not sure what point the mom is trying to make with this...

Comes off like a passive-aggressive way of saying that anyone who has had less athletic success and/or financial success than her daughter has no right to be critical of anything her daughter says or does.

She must be a Trump supporter.

No her point is that her daughter is unique and most people aren't as focused, driven, or determined to be the absolute best in their field the way her daughter is. She doesn't believe that most people understand the level of commitment and passion that her daughter has for her craft, and since they don't understand that, then they don't understand how much hurt, despair, and pain her daughter is in when she loses so they don't understand the emotional turmoil her daughter must endure when she loses.

She's definitely a tree-hugging liberal....I guarantee it.

Wow Ronda's mom is the definition of an American.

Do you mean Educated and Dominant? Because once that narrative starts working against people, it starts getting referred to as privilege.

No her point is that her daughter is unique and most people aren't as focused, driven, or determined to be the absolute best in their field the way her daughter is. She doesn't believe that most people understand the level of commitment and passion that her daughter has for her craft, and since they don't understand that, then they don't understand how much hurt, despair, and pain her daughter is in when she loses so they don't understand the emotional turmoil her daughter must endure when she loses.

She's definitely a tree-hugging liberal....I guarantee it.

The mother's excuses sure sound a lot like the "Hillary is too intelligent for the deplorables" excuse coming from the Lefties.

Nothing will excuse her cunty behavior at the weigh in when she fought Holly.

Fuck her.

I'd take that humiliating beating for 3 million plus the shampoo ad revenue anyday.

Holly is a preachers daughter. Great girl does nothing wrong never talks bad about people. Basically a gsp of the women's division and Honda called her a fake ass faiweather bitch and she sees right through her and this and that..

That's when I lost all respect for Ronda as a person and a fighter ..
she acts like a spoiled brat and has the worst attitude.

Hope Ronda comes back one more time so I can see her get crushed one more time.

But if that's what she meant it's just pure nonsense.

There are countless professional athletes who've performed on a higher level and have been far more successful than Honda in their chosen sport yet they have not responded to loss in the infantile way that Rousey has.

Honda has some profound emotional and character issues, for better or for worse. It's simply a fact.

Not true, but it happens here more frequently. Take Biebers dad.
c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg
What? This can't be true! lol

Hilarious that she mentioned Honda not having children as a positive thing. WTF!! lol Anyway, mom is sad and defending her baby, is normal. Ronda is a good athlete, no doubt she's dedicated and gave her entire life to sports but her personality sucks and that's why people don't like her. Plain and simple.

Holly is a preachers daughter. Great girl does nothing wrong never talks bad about people. Basically a gsp of the women's division and Honda called her a fake ass faiweather bitch and she sees right through her and this and that..

That's when I lost all respect for Ronda as a person and a fighter ..
she acts like a spoiled brat and has the worst attitude.

Hope Ronda comes back one more time so I can see her get crushed one more time.

I lost complete respect for Ronda during her season long meltdown on TUF. It was painfully clear from watching her lunacy on that show that she is mentally unstable. Ronda's vulgar bullshit just kept piling on from there until Holly Holm brought the whole shit show crashing down.

Are they Ronda's achievements or her mothers? I think the old bag just needs some D. Edmund, go get her.

she strikes me as a great example of one of these parents who lives out ambitions through their child. is this a uniquely american disease?

how so? she is supportive but would a mother who lives her ambitions out through her child really tell her child to retire at an early age??? Plus, her mom is very successful and accomplished in her own right.

how so? she is supportive but would a mother who lives her ambitions out through her child really tell her child to retire at an early age??? Plus, her mom is very successful and accomplished in her own right.

ronda had to armbar her mom before she was allowed breast milk and her mum would punch herself in the stomach if she felt ronda was getting a little chubby in utero. ronda is nearly 30 now, her mom has had a good run

Rondas mom is proud of her for not having kids. Lmao. So are we. Please dont spawn, cunt.

people dislike your daughter because she had no humility , they are glad that she got destroyed because they felt that she needed lessons in the same. Something u should have done instead of focusing her only on winning.

Back