Ronda's boxing was at it's best against Holm

Killme

The NoGi Bear
@Green
Reaction score
I know how much shit ill get for saying this, but it really wasn't that terrible... compare it to the Correia fight, and how sloppy, technique it was compared to her technique against Holm, where she was throwing punches properly and even rocked Holm with a hook.

Her movement wasn't terrible too, it was just her terrible game plan of running at Holm is the reason she was finished, most will stay away, force Holm to pick at them, Ronda just gave her to much to work with.

But the point is solid, her boxing looked at its best, and if she brings that against Nunes, who has never been able to defend and move like Holm, she could win his standing.

Her boxing has never been good, the mistake she made was thinking she was any good on the feet, probably cause the Bethe fight and her incompetent coach

I'm sure she learned after that fight and we'll see the old Ronda again

Last edited:
If she ever learned how to slip punches in an actual fight, she'd be a PROBLEM

Ronda never wanted to box with Holm. Stop repeating that bullshit.

She got lit up because she wanted that clinch so badly and didn't have the skills to close on someone like Holm.

Ronda never wanted to box with Holm. Stop repeating that bullshit.

She got lit up because she wanted that clinch so badly and didn't have the skills to close on someone like Holm.

Where did i say she wanted to? wtf are you talking about?

Well the Bethe performance was awful, if that's the only piece of work to compare it to, you're 100% correct.

Doesn't matter though. Rond-dingo's boxing only works against smaller and/or part-time fighters. Put her in with someone like Holly, big girl/full-time fighter for a long time, and her striking becomes Rousey.

IMG_0046.jpg

Where did i say she wanted to? wtf are you talking about?

That was meant for Tramero and all the other people repeating that nonsense.

Regarding OP: no, Ronda does not have 'good' boxing and will get wrecked if she tries to stand with Nunes. The only boxing she should engage in is cutting off the cage properly, fainting/punching her way into the clinch while showing some semblance of defense.

That was meant for Tramero and all the other people repeating that nonsense.

Regarding OP: no, Ronda does not have 'good' boxing and will get wrecked if she tries to stand with Nunes. The only boxing she should engage in is cutting off the cage properly, fainting/punching her way into the clinch while showing some semblance of defense.

I never called it good either :p it's not bad next to the majority of the division, judging it against that rather than say... next to Floyd Mayweather...

I think she will be fine mixing in some huge punches, it would be a variation on the the old wrestle boxer prototype, only with judo, pre title Hendrick style... lethal punch, to make the takedowns, clinching and such a lot easier.

why are you shertards entertaining OP and not posting gifs?

I think she will be fine mixing in some huge punches, it would be a variation on the the old wrestle boxer prototype, only with judo, pre title Hendrick style... lethal punch, to make the takedowns, clinching and such a lot easier.

Her power is good and her timing is ok too. The problem is that she does not see the opponent's punches coming, can't box on the move ...plus all the problems that stem from these basics. It isn't a good recipe for closing on someone with dangerous hands.

But Ronda just needs one mistake: Nunes missing a punch, getting caught standing still or throwing a sloppy low kick and none of that will matter.

I don't know how Nunes is on the ground these days but the Cat fight does not inspire confidence.

is this thread srs?

<bball1>

<1>

<{hmmm}>

her movement wasn't terrible? Holly turned the corner on her flabby ass and made ronda break her ankles bball style in a fight.

<{hfved}>
stahp
<{MingNope}>

Different day, different fight and believe me, she has power, is focused and is very dangerous. This win will come off a power shot and surprise the world of her prowess on her feet and probable finish on the ground. Anyone in Combat Sports who gets hit by the right shot(s) will go down whether it is Mark Hunt or Mike Tyson or in this case Amanda Nunes.

Back