Ronda vs holly rematch.

The GIF we need is the standing elbow that concussed her

uX25lZ.gif

She clearly holds some advantages over Holly, but as we saw, implementing them is a different story. With her full schedule, it's hard to see her making the necessary improvements even in a year's time.

That said, I do think a large part of what happened to Ronda in that fight was the mental aspect of it. She expected to run through Holly like she had everyone else, and when that didn't happen she got flustered. I also think it was the first time she had ever been truly hurt by a punch, and so she wasn't accustomed to it.

And to be fair, I think Ronda deserves credit for hanging in as long as she did. She was taking a beating, yet kept coming forward until she was stopped. Plenty of fighters have wilted long before Ronda did.

Agree.

I think she doesn't like to be hit or haven't had enough sparring to prepare for that situation. Look at her face after a couple of punches:

CT86JH4XAAIZ7sa.jpg

She seems to have more confidence when close range but she panics when being on the outside.

Why the fuck does picking one fighter always mean you " HATE " the other fighter ???

Easily the most over used word on the fucking site today, and almost always used arrogantly, or ignorantly.

Fuck your HATE. You fuckin....

HATER !

I have a better question. Why the fuck do Rousey fans get called "Whiteknights"?? How do I label the ones who are calling me a "whiteknight" just because I'm a fan of someone they don't like. lol

image.jpg image.jpg
Underrated is the difference in body shapes in these fights. She was not in prime shape against holly clearly.

Yes because Ronda def does not get hated on. Lol. Grow up.

And dude you're Canadian. Aren't you supposed to be friendly? Lol

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Every fighter gets hated on. Every poster gets hated on. The whole world gets hated on.

I'm just really am sick of either you're a nuthugger, or a hater. I think most here are more middle ground, like myself. Most of today's fighters I respect their abilities inside the octagon. I don't like the way some act outside the octagon. But, I don't actually " hate " more than a handful of fighters. And the ones I do " hate " has nothing to do with their fighting. I respect them all in that regard.

But, I can pick a fighter without it instantly meaning I hate the other fighter. It's just so much rhetoric, and bullshit. The irony is it is certain fighters fanbases that some hate. Way more than they would ever actually hate that fighter. I'm actually in that crowd concerning Conor. I've said it many times.

As for being Canadian. I've lived near DC for a while. ...
Anyway... the post really was meant mostly as a joke. So, maybe I am Canadian afterall. Us, and the British are known for dry humour.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Every fighter gets hated on. Every poster gets hated on. The whole world gets hated on.

I'm just really am sick of either you're a nuthugger, or a hater. I think most here are more middle ground, like myself. Most of today's fighters I respect their abilities inside the octagon. I don't like the way some act outside the octagon. But, I don't actually " hate " more than a handful of fighters. And the ones I do " hate " has nothing to do with their fighting. I respect them all in that regard.

But, I can pick a fighter without it instantly meaning I hate the other fighter. It's just so much rhetoric, and bullshit. The irony is it is certain fighters fanbases that some hate. Way more than they would ever actually hate that fighter. I'm actually in that crowd concerning Conor. I've said it many times.

As for being Canadian. I've lived near DC for a while. ...
Anyway... the post really was meant mostly as a joke. So, maybe I am Canadian afterall. Us, and the British are known for dry humour.
Ronda gets hated on like lebron did when he left cavs. No one really knows why as much worse has been done by others then what they did.

Uncle Dana is hoping Tate beats Holm so RR can bypass Holm.
Probably true but Tate has no shot, I get that some find her hot (great ass but that's it) so they elevate her actual fighting ability due to the chubbies she causes some but she is so outclassed here. Holly is going to destroy her

If Ronda trained properly for 1-2 years full time at a decent camp, she MIGHT be able to learn all the tools needed to round out her game in order to beat Holly. It's not just coming in shape, she lacks natural athleticism, so she can't just pick shit up or get away with lacking basic skills.
Her story is more of a "Hard work" story, she's not naturally athletic, or naturally gifted or skilled, she even has to bust her ass to get in shape and stay in shape. I think at first she worked pretty hard in Strikeforce, I think she had some easy wins in the UFC that made her a little lazy, and I don't think she likes getting hit in sparring and avoided that all together.
There was just way too much bullshit hype surrounding her in a brutally weak division that was painfully obvious, they never should have sold her as a "once ever" or "super hot" athlete, she's Forrest Griffin of the 135BW division basically

And to be fair, I think Ronda deserves credit for hanging in as long as she did. She was taking a beating, yet kept coming forward until she was stopped. Plenty of fighters have wilted long before Ronda did.
She was definitely coming forward....like a kid whose older sibling took their favorite toy. Blind, uncoordinated, panicked anger...

Last edited:
I think it's funny ppl right Ronda off after that first fight. Like no one has ever come back from a starching. I don't even care for Ronda but she wins that rematch because she gets its to the ground and doesn't try to box with holly.

Ronda bless

Champ in nov 2016

Take your personal feeling out of it since some ppl here think her TV personality is her real personality. She's the better fighter.

Don't let the hate blind you.
Not personal hate influenced at all but Ronda trains at the worst camp available and holly at the best available
in my opinion they have equal athletic ability but holly is more professional in her approach she seems to stay in shape always and she is constantly training and improving while Ronda goes full bigg rigg on her time off
I think holly makes it look easy again

I think it's funny ppl right Ronda off after that first fight. Like no one has ever come back from a starching. I don't even care for Ronda but she wins that rematch because she gets its to the ground and doesn't try to box with holly.

Ronda bless

Champ in nov 2016

Take your personal feeling out of it since some ppl here think her TV personality is her real personality. She's the better fighter.

Don't let the hate blind you.
Trying to box with Holly ? She doesn't have anything on the feet for Holly full stop they are light years apart . Too little time and back with Tarverdyan means no better game plan ,adjustments or filling the gaps in her sloppy stand up.

Ronda will simply try turn up in better shape and implement her usual game plan. This being charging across the ring throwing haymakers , implement a clinch, land some knees , take her opponent down and submit them .

Could it work ? Yes .
Could she come in better shape physically and mentally ? Look preoccupied fight week , a little heavy and then drawn at the weigh in .(?)

That is her best chance, to charge through some strikes take Holly down quickly and arm bar her . As i have already said very possible.

However i think the confidence is shattered ( she really believed her own hype) and Holly out grappled her last time . I see Holly chewing her up standing again , thwarting her(Ronda's) attempts at take downs and sparking her out again .

I will be honest i think Ronda turning this round would be more suprising than Holly winning the first fight .( for some)

Yep i expect the worlds most dominant , once in a lifetime athlete, to be lying on the floor totally discombobulated and heading for retirement .

The fight didnt last long enough to determine if rhonda was out of shape or not. The fight wasnt even close. She was dominated on the ground the little time the fight was on the ground. How does rhonda get to the ground when Holly is striking from the outside? How does rhonda get her to the ground when she is the weaker smaller fighter? The fight doesnt go to the ground unless holly wants it there.

This is a mismatch no matter how many times they fight the result will be the same.

Back