Ronda vs Holly (Holly can win it)

I think Holly is smart enough to avoid brawling and clinching, I feel she is going to take the title with movement and great striking.

I cannot wait for the odds on this, +2000? This fight is the one Ronda loses imo...everyone will disagree..but Holms striking and footwork is way beyond anything Ronda has faced to date, it will make a huge difference.

But...If Ronda gets the clinch and takes her down...sigh armbar is inevitable.

I think Holly is smart enough to avoid brawling and clinching, I feel she is going to take the title with movement and great striking.

I cannot wait for the odds on this, +2000? This fight is the one Ronda loses imo...everyone will disagree..but Holms striking and footwork is way beyond anything Ronda has faced to date, it will make a huge difference.

But...If Ronda gets the clinch and takes her down...sigh armbar is inevitable.

25 minute fight, Rousey needs but one chance to get her hands on her and it's over.

No chance Holm wins. None.

Gorilla arm Ron wins another can crushing competition.

Most dominant Eva

25 minute fight, Rousey needs but one chance to get her hands on her and it's over.

No chance Holm wins. None.

Well see, but I am putting money on Holm, odds will be too good not too and she definitely has the skillset and gas tank to do it.

I have Ronda winning too. But it's not going to be a 1 minute fight. Jackson/Wink are smarter than that. Holly is too scared for that. She's going to have a winning strategy. But the odds are against her. I can see Ronda getting the sub after maybe 4 minutes. The fight may go to the next couple rounds though.

I'm just saying, Holly actually does have a chance.

Well see, but I am putting money on Holm, odds will be too good not too and she definitely has the skillset and gas tank to do it.

I have Ronda winning, but I'm still putting money on Holm. The money to be had is just too good. And for the first time, I think someone might be able to play the points game against her.

But wait minute .. This is the fighter that everyone said that the UFC had to sign, and the only one outside of Cyborg who had a chance to beat Ronda. Just last year Ronda and the UFC were being accused of ducking Holly .. Dana even had to make several public statements to counter the talk about the UFC ducking Holly to protect Ronda.

Now she's a bad fighter, and her fighting Ronda is not good for the sport? Spin spin brah. :rolleyes:

I never said anyways..

Her footwork and range are her best weapon, certainly. And the goal would be to avoid the clinch at all costs.

Is that possible in a 5 round fight with Rousey? Doubtful. At some point she's going to grab onto something and that's a wrap. Leg kicks (which are one of Holms best weapons) are effectively nullified because if she throws one she's getting taken down.

I think Rousey wins this fight early, but TS makes some solid points. No one is unbeatable, and Holm doesn't suck. Avoiding the clinch sounds easier than it is against Rousey, but Holm may have the footwork to make Rousey work a lot harder for the clinch than she has to date.

Wait, the "competent boxer" who couldn't avoid Rocky Pennington's clinch game is gonna avoid Ronda's? Lol no. Rocky also landed as many strikes as Holm did. Ronda will hurt Holm with punches then submit her with ease.

I love kickboxing so I'm kind of bias but besides that I think Ronda could have trouble with the hip toss and keeping holly in the clinch.

Holly's balance looks great, and she has long strong legs. When holly lowers her stance in Ronda's clinch she will have a better chance of manipulating the movement with her long stance.

You ever try hip tossing or just throwing someone to the ground who's tall and squirmy with good balance. When theyre clamping down on you, it's really damn awkward.

Ronda is the clear favorite and she should be. She's looked unbeatable compared to the rest of the division for years. She also has an insane advantage in the grappling department. Considering that nearly every MMA fight involves some sort of grappling, it makes sense to have Ronda as the favorite. But make no mistake, Holly has the tools to win this fight.

All Holly really has to do is fight on her back foot on the outside for 5 rounds. As a back up plan, work on her closed guard. Holly may not be a Leila Ali level boxer, but she's leagues beyond Ronda in that department. She has an undeniable advantage in that department. And while Ronda has the grappling advantage, she has her limitations.

The truth is, Ronda does not have a double leg worth fearing. The odds are against her developing one within a 5 week fight camp. Her main method of getting the takedown is to jab into the clinch blindly while eating punches to get head control. And even if she does catch a double leg, she doesn't exactly have Mark Coleman or Tito Ortiz level full guard ground and pound. Go watch her roll.

I could be wrong on this, but from what I see, she can barely pass guard without creating a scramble opportunity. And I don't see her dealing with closed guard at all. I have a strong suspicion that Ronda would get stuck in Holly's closed guard if it got there. So even if Ronda did pull off a double leg, I could see Holly just pulling closed guard and elbowing her for the rest of the round. I have a feeling that Ronda would not do well with getting her face hamburgered by elbows.

The other advantage for Holly is her coaching staff. Jackson/Wink are easily the best strategists in the game. When dealing with someone with a very distinct stylistic advantage, the best way to beat them is to use a strategy that takes away the opponent's strengths.

Ronda is one dimensional. I'm impressed that she's developed some KO power, but anyone who knows striking knows that those punches to Bethe were still super sloppy and easily countered by a competent boxer. Holly is a competent boxer. But back to my point; Ronda is one dimensional. She's the best in her division at that one dimension, but if she is taken out of her element, she will have little to offer Holly.

So it comes down to Holly employing her strengths and avoiding Ronda's. Easier said than done, but not as hard as you might think. Without real fear of leg based takedowns, Holly can feel more free to box. With Ronda's primary way of entering the clinch being to pump the jab, close her eyes and reach for head control, it shouldn't be hard for Holly to counter, back pedal, circle out, and regain the center of the octagon while leaving Ronda chasing and frustrated. Keeping it real, Ronda's boxing really is that rudimentary. And like I said, even if it goes to the ground, I believe that Holly can neutralize Ronda with some basic old school closed guard, head control, and elbows.

All that said, if I were forced to make a prediction, I would still say that Ronda wins. I think it's obvious that Holly will be fighting off her back foot to avoid the clinch and fight on the outside. An easy strategy for Ronda to use would be to stalk her down, cut off the cage, go for the double against the cage, climb up the body for the upper body clinch, judo toss. Armbar. Or even pull guard and armbar. But all Ronda has to do to win this is figure out a way to clinch up. I predict that it will be harder for Holly to avoid the clinch than it will be for Ronda to find it.

I'm still putting money on Holly because the profits will be bigger and she is the best underdog in a while. I don't think she'll pull it off but I won't be too surprised if she does it exactly how I predict it.

Oh shut up. Go have a bath or something, calm down. Have never heard such rubbish in my life. It's Ronda-Correia all over again.

Imagine if Ronda goes rushing at Holly and Holly throws one of those oblique kicks and damages Ronda's knee enough to end the fight.

Back