ronda vs cyborg at 135 is not exciting at all

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by chuckjerky, Aug 22, 2015.

1. chuckjerky

chuckjerky Orange Belt

So, what makes us think cyborg would be competitive against rousey? Its because she is bigger, stronger and pump full with steroids, not because of her skill or shit. We want to see how ronda's skill would do against absolute power.

But now cyborg is already off roids. Now you need her to loss muscle mass to fight at 135 which makes her much less powerful. Ronda may even be stronger than cyborg at 135! Without both 2 winning factors of cyborg - size/strengh and roids, do you think this would even be a competitive fight?

So i am not even excited to see cyborg fight rousey at 135

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

I think Ronda rag dolls any version of Cyborg.

3. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

If they both blew up to 210 pounds and fought for a bucket of chicken behind KFC, Ronda still wins. She beats any size or version of Cyborg.

4. DeathByBeer

DeathByBeer Red Belt

Not exciting?

Then what about the rest of her fights? People keep buying them over and over and they are over in 40 seconds except for Tate.

So if the scariest fighter she might ever face doesnt excite you vs. Rousey.....then who is buying these cards?

Morons?

5. chuckjerky

chuckjerky Orange Belt

i mean i am not excited to see they fight at 135 because cyborg will loss her biggest adventage - size and strengh. I am excited to see them fight at 140 or 145

6. IDGETKTFO

IDGETKTFO White Belt

I just want to see Ronda smash that steroid cheater.

7. suffersystem

suffersystem Brown Belt

UFC has said for three years now it's at 135 or nothing. For some reason Cyborg just can't get it through her head. Make 135, and the fight is hers.

8. Jblizzle

Jblizzle Red Belt

lol I always see this and laugh she would have those advantages at 135

9. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Wouldn't help her much IMO since Ronda is a Judo practitioner.

10. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

Cyborg could easily make it exciting, even to the skeptics.

By making 135 and looking her usual self against some fringe top 10 fighter.

Easy peasy, really.

11. Drenalin

Drenalin Banned Banned

I'm not gonna read your explanation but you're 100% wrong.

12. Fedorr0cks

Fedorr0cks Orange Belt

Why aren't any of these other girls doing JUDO every day of the week? I mean when you are playing football and the best team in your division has a QB that kicks everyones ass and only has problems when he is pressured what does your team do? You go out and get a bunch of great pass rushers. Why aren't these girls doing anything and everything they can to at least somewhat neutralize the one huge advantage she has on all of them? She doesn't kick, she isn't a wrestler, her punching still sucks no matter what happened with Beth yet she knows Judo and that makes her invincible lol. I think they will fight at 140 in 2017. One more year of Ronda destroying the can-fest she has left in that division and both she and the fans are going to be real bored. She needs Cyborg almost as much as the other way around. Plus Cyborg goes to 135, that will give all the anti-RR fans the excuse that she was drained of her strength at that weight. Again we all know RR walks around at 160 probably. Fight at 140 and don't make it a title fight if you want, the title is meaningless in an already cleaned out division.

13. That I3astard Cruelty

That I3astard Cruelty King of Oceania

If you want to fight for the championship. Make championship weight.

14. ChickenBrother

ChickenBrother JCPENNEY $3.98 BELT

This.

I can't stand either one but Ronda is a legit talent, single-handedly justified a WBW class and earned her way into the mainstream via skills and self-promotion. Carano did the same before that at WFW.

Cyborg has decent striking though not particularly talented in any area. But she does win, which is laudable. However, her idiotic "self-promotion" tanks any cachet from her fights and makes me not want to see her in any media, ever again.

"See this twitter pic of me at 175 wearing jeans and after a big meal? Tee hee. Guess I'll never make 135. Tee hee." We get it. You're not willing to do what you have to, to earn a fight with someone relevant. Go away.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  15. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Watching an emaciated Cyborg punching Rousey with pillow hands before getting ragdolled is very exciting.

Alternatively watching a thinner, faster Cyborg retain her strength and mollywhopping a shocked Rousey ala Leibrock vs. Shafir is equally exciting.

Whatever happens the fans will find something to bitch about afterwards and that's even more exciting. This potential fight has excitement written all over it. I don't know what TS is on about.

16. ChickenBrother

I agree and if the fight happens at any weight, I'd watch it. But Cyborg carrying on like she has any bargaining power or ability to make demands is laughable. For that reason, I've mentally written off the fight until and unless it actually happens.

17. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Well, you can't fault Cyborg for trying to bargain. Every time she mentions Rousey's name and whines about not making weight the media picks up on it and a hundred thousand casuals Google her. That's 10x more exposure than she gets crushing cans on FightPass. You gotta do what you gotta do.

18. ForbiddenSun

ForbiddenSun The VP Platinum Member

Cyborg has ONE KO in her entire career. Ronda has two in her last three fights. Cyborg has never has one punch knockout power but Rousey has now developed it. This fight will not be competitive. Rousey RD1 sub all day

19. ChickenBrother

Agreed. But Cyborg is letting her one and only payday get away. Rousey may very well retire next year with or without a Cyborg fight.

When he was a defending welterweight (147) champ, Pacquiao made a lot of opponents weigh in at 143 because he could make it easily (Manny's ideal fighting weight). Not even an official weight class, and as deep and talented as boxing is, sucking an additional 4 lbs for someone used to weighing in at 147 is a huge disadvantage. But Manny was a massive draw and whoever holds all the chips makes the rules.

Ronda is in this same position now re. Cyborg. Cyborg is just too stupid to realize it. She's had 2 years to make the cut to 135, and her payday clock is running down.

20. NeuroNerd

NeuroNerd Blue Belt

she had 3 years to lose weight properly without cutting out much power at all... she could have done it the right way, but she didn't. So if she is drained of "power" then it is her own fault. If all she has is her power, then she isn't worth the discussion.