Ronda vs Alexis Davis

Exel***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just realized Ronda is a co-main event to Weidman vs Machida.

I'm wondering why is the most elite athlete in existence, the greatest MMA fighter in the world AND the UFC's biggest star, not in the main event?

Ritual. Until the ufc women's division makes a 16 fighter tournament, they will NEVER be a mainevent-except watered down cards

The UFC's greatest star and all time GOAT is headlining UFC Dublin.

You're such a repetitive parrot.

GSP was the co-main event of UFC 100. This card is as good or better.

My thoughts...

Ronda Rousey wanted to take some time off and wanted to get another fight in before she does. To be the co-main on UFC 175 is the only one that work out for her. UFC 174 and 176 dates would not work. Then there is the probelm of moving another title fight to another PPV card. UFC 177 should have been Rousey vs. Zingano, but Rousey wants that time off and Zingano needs a tune-up/warm-up fight.

Another thougth is that they will make the the co-main event anytime Rousey has an opponent who would not be a draw, or has no chance of winning. It was also hard to keep Rousey vs Tate II as a main event, when everyone knew Tate was not deserving of a title shot, rather one was gifted to her.

the only time i think it is apropriate for ronda to play second fiddle is when machida is on the same card

Dana sticks her on a card with a big fight so he can claim she's a huge PPV draw. Simple.

Another thougth is that they will make the the co-main event anytime Rousey has an opponent who would not be a draw, or has no chance of winning.

I pretty sure Dana White doesn't like Davis, didn't want to give her the title shot, and didn't want to try to promote a Rousey/Davis main event PPV. Davis probably only got the fight because she was the only plausible opponent that would work within the constraints of Rousey's schedule. Also, Rousey co-main eventing to a Weidman middleweight title defense worked so well for the UFC the last time, they probably were happy to do it again.

Back