Ronda Told Daily to Fight Again

I would love to see her comeback and use her beautiful, judobut i think its better for her to stay retired

If she won't come back can we at least get the great Travis Browne to return against Francis Ngannou?

lol if she comes back who she going to train with edmond ? does he even train MMA fighters anymore ? I don't think her ego will allow her to train at a top MMA gym in sparring she'll get rekt and she won't be protected there.

She's one of the very few fighters I can think of who have never had a boring fight

She still thinks she is the greatest of all time, even after she got her clock cleared multiple times. Talk about buying your own hype.

It depends on how you're defining greatness. If you think the greatest of all time has to have a perfect record, she obviously isn't. Under other criteria, I don't think she fares so badly: she put WMMA on the map, attained a celebrity rivaled only by Conor McGregor in the sport, and had a run of dominant finishes that none of her peers have matched.

She's the biggest WMMA star of all time and bigger than most of the men as well. That must cause a lot of rustled jimmies.

Happy for her to be honest. Seems like shes in a much better place mentally than she ever was before. Let the woman live her life

I mean, she besides Holm, Shevchenko, Nunes, GDR, and Aldana she can beat any other woman in the division.
<CroCop1>

She ain't beating Nunes but she should come back just to avenge her loss to Holly. Holly is very average and thats a fight she should win.

Any top 10 fighter would destroy her if she tried to fight again. The sports was evolving and passing her during her last fights, imagine now. Yikes

I don’t want to sacrifice myself and my family to prove that anymore to a bunch of people that don’t give a sh*t about me.

Brilliant answer! She is 100% correct

Nunes_Rousey.gif

Now Herb stops the fight too early. I also think I see Dana there yelling with tears down his face “throw in the damn towel!”

I mean can you be the GOAT if you can't handle adversity though? She was done after the Holly fight and I don't think she would have even went in there again if it wasn't for the people around her convincing her to. Something interesting is that she's quit after losing 2x in the UFC, the Olympics and now in Pro Wrestling as well.

Would have been nice to see her come in with a different mindset, maybe move to a better gym and really work on improving. If Cyborg and Nunes quit after losing they both would have never even been a big deal.

She’s really not though. While her striking is not terribly good, she’s probably still several levels above even the top girls on the ground. She developed her rep by wrecking people on the ground and then people got carried away with her striking when she stopped Bethe Correia. Holm and Nunes exposed her on the feet but her ground game was something to behold by WMMA standards.
If her gameplan was to back girls into the fence and use her judo to cagewrestle she could have been the WMMA GOAT

Instead, she used her judo to try to clinch and take girls down w/o the cage.... very hard to do consistently as we have seen in the male divisions.

Ronda-Rousey-won-the-boxer-belt.jpg

“There’s not a day that goes by people aren’t telling me to fight,” Rousey said on her YouTube channel. “I have to try and think of it as, would I rather be the greatest of all time, or have everybody think I’m the greatest of all time?

ronda-rousey-is-hot-2015-espys-in-los-angeles_14.jpg

It used to be so important to me to have both. But now it’s got to the point where I don’t want to sacrifice myself and my family to prove that anymore to a bunch of people that don’t give a sh*t about me.

“I know, and the people who love me know. It’s no longer a priority in my life. All the people that tell you, ‘Come on, fight again, do this again,’ they would never do that for me.

“It’s hard when everyone around you, the value they have for you is how you fight, and how they see you is how you fight, and the only thing they think you have to offer is how you fight.

NINTCHDBPICT000318206571.jpg

It was actually my husband that taught me I’m so much more than just a fighter. I don’t have to fight myself into the ground to prove that I’m the greatest of all time when I already know that I am.

Browsey-Acres-Adventures-174-996x1024.jpg

“That’s something I really had to deal with stepping away from the UFC was finding my identity without it, because I got so lost in it. It’s tough, because you’re with these people and you’re like, ‘OMG, I got to live this journey with you -- this is amazing.’ And then you see some of these Bellator fights and you’re like, ‘OMG, this person’s still going?’ I can’t watch it. It makes me sad.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...again-but-its-no-longer-a-priority-in-my-life
I'm thoroughly confused by this. "Ronda told Daily to fight again". I'm not sure what that means. It kinda looks like you're saying she told the Daily that she's going to fight again, but then the quotes by her seems like she's saying exactly the opposite.

Back