Ronda Says She Could Have Finished Miesha Earlier...

[YT]uTyThrTWwMQ[/YT]

I believe...

You could tell Ronda was playing with her and taking her time. I believe she could have ended it in the first round but wanted the experience and to prove people wrong that she could go extra rounds.

Ronda say a lot of things.

You could tell Ronda was playing with her and taking her time. I believe she could have ended it in the first round but wanted the experience and to prove people wrong that she could go extra rounds.

I don't agree. Ronda's whole gimmick is finish in the first by armbar. It just didn't work out for her that time. She's light years ahead of the division.

giphy.gif

No way. Miesha wasn't too big of a threat to Honda but she is tough as hell and could have turned the tables if the fight had gone to the 4th and 5th round especially against a gassed Honda. (Hee hee)

Honda probably was a little more patient then the last time but she would have finished that as soon as she could have like in her last three fights.

What a joke this is why I will never be a fan of an ignorant fighter,

That fight was ugly as fuck and Meisha hit her quite a bit.. No way Ronda let it go longer.

i'll give ronda credit as being the best female mma fighter of our era, and only in comparison to other females i consider her the best p4p fighter in wmma.

In terms as a whole including the males, i don't consider her p4p at all.

Ronda isn't well balanced, she's definitely no gsp. Even though gsp utilized his wrestling to control his opponents he could still stand and strike, he could make good strikers look bad just because of how good was at mixing it up and keeping his opponents worrying about the TD's.

Its no different with ronda. she excels so high in her judo, that it allows her to control the matches the way gsp did....the only difference is i don't considering ronda having good striking, if she's in trouble she'll just take it to the ground where she pretty much would easily submit her opponent.

Just like Verdum, you wouldn't intend to take him down so you increase his chances of submitting, everyone has there strengths, but with ronda's judo she has a skill level that nobody can really negate. you'd have to pretty much knock her out to win or somehow avoid any armbar attempts and other techniques to win a decision. i just think her ability to easily win the fight when it hits the mat is no different than someone like verdum who has a high skill level in bjj....its like how nobody could stop gsp's td's nobody can stop the armbar once ronda gets you on the mat....i'm sure ronda will dispose of miesha quickly in there next fight, you have to avoid being taken down and just utilize the stand up and either knock her out or land more strikes to win via decision, you' have to get someone who has equal skill level in the same discipline to challenge ronda on the mat.

It directly contradicts her previous statements of not being paid by the minute and going in there to get the job done as quickly as possible.

That fight was ugly as fuck and Meisha hit her quite a bit.. No way Ronda let it go longer.

It could've been a more interesting fight, as Honda seemed contempt with standing with Tate. However, Tate was hellbent on the senseless takedowns, even though she was having decent success on the feet.

If u tell Ronda to fish for that armbar for 3 solid mins against Meisha, she would get it. Meishas armbar defense was pretty good in that fight, but it was only a matter of time before Meishas arm would've been mangled

Once Ronda saw that Meisha had pretty good defense she decided to whoop dat ass and punish her and then eventually finish with the armbar. Which is the smart thing to do.

My money would be if Ronda wanted to Armbar Meisha for 3 or 4 solid mins , she would get. it wouldve been a matter of time before Meisha screwed up and got arm snapped

The thing Meisha got broken as the fight went on and that fight wasnt competitive, it was mostly Meisha playing defense and surviving.

Now a third fight, Ronda has improved way more than Meisha, although NeoTate could give a serious challenge to 2-10 ranked fighters

Back