Ronda Rousey will not speak to ANY MMA media leading up to UFC 207

MMA media is filled with scumbags but they also help promote the fighters and the fights.

Without them ... UFC could have been much smaller than it is today.

Give an example of one of these scumbags ?? Or multiple examples, since its filled with them?

I think it's smart from a business point of view. People will pay to see how Ronda looks and what she has to say after. She's pro-wrestling savvy and knows what she is doing here.

Give an example of one of these scumbags ?? Or multiple examples, since its filled with them?

Well you guys do like to talk about Ariel being a instigating weasel, Luke Thomas being a SJW cuck, Meltzer being a UFC shill etc etc.

Man I wanna hear what BS excuse White pulls out of his a5s when they ask him how come Conor misses a press conf. and gets pulled while Ronda misses them all/does none xcept talk shows(which Conor did too) and acts like this while still being catered to like a bloody queen of the universe?
Good point.

Conor and Ronda are 75% of their revenues. They can do what the fook they want.

It's not a good point since she negotiated these terms. Colin didn't.
Why does she get away with it though? I'm sure Conor tried to negotiate with the UFC before they pulled him from 200.

Why does she get away with it though? I'm sure Conor tried to negotiate with the UFC before they pulled him from the card.

Because as I said, she negotiated these terms before she signed the contract. You can read more about it in the ESPN article about her. Colin probably didn't do that. I'm sure the UFC would give him the same treatment if he properly negotiated it and didn't pull that stunt right before the presser. He's as big of a star, if not bigger, and as important for the company as Ronda.

I don't buy the "Dana is in love with her that's why she gets this treatment" argument.

Well if you read the long article on ESPN - that's exactly the reason.

I'm cool with not wanting to do so much media that it actually pulls you away from your training for an amount of time that could change your performance.

But I have to say I feel like a big part of it is what I said.
There are questions she just doesn't want to answer and this is how she is avoiding those questions.
I get that, many fighters have embarrassing situations come up and have to deal with it in the media and it's uncomfortable but you gotta tough it out.
She doesn't seem to have that kind of fortitude. She seems to be extremely insecure and unable to deal with "looking bad" or being embarrassed.

Running from that embarrassment is a mistake imo. She should embrace what has happened and own it.
Speak out about how it happens to everyone and you grow and learn from losses.
But no. She will hide from the media and only peek her head out for easy ass soft interviews one on one with people who do nothing but fawn over her like Ellen.

No tough interviews at all for the sensitive flower, just fluff pieces.

After all MMA has given her she owes us more interviews.
Not enough to kill her training but more than we are getting.

However I truly think she would break mentally if she did that so Dana will shield her as much as he has to to get her to the cage.

I don't think Ronda has the mental strength to be a fighter that ever loses.

Sure as an undefeated champ she's fine.
But if she can't be undefeated her whole career and might have a loss now and then, she will break mentally over those losses and never be able to handle it.

She's got a lot of emotional baggage from life and it's obvious she needs counseling to get over those issues and build some true inner strength.

I've never heard about her seeing a sports psychologist, maybe it would help her as it has other fighters.

I always thought GSP was a more successful fighter because of his.

I'm cool with not wanting to do so much media that it actually pulls you away from your training for an amount of time that could change your performance.

But I have to say I feel like a big part of it is what I said.
There are questions she just doesn't want to answer and this is how she is avoiding those questions.
I get that, many fighters have embarrassing situations come up and have to deal with it in the media and it's uncomfortable but you gotta tough it out.
She doesn't seem to have that kind of fortitude. She seems to be extremely insecure and unable to deal with "looking bad" or being embarrassed.

Running from that embarrassment is a mistake imo. She should embrace what has happened and own it.
Speak out about how it happens to everyone and you grow and learn from losses.
But no. She will hide from the media and only peek her head out for easy ass soft interviews one on one with people who do nothing but fawn over her like Ellen.

No tough interviews at all for the sensitive flower, just fluff pieces.

After all MMA has given her she owes us more interviews.
Not enough to kill her training but more than we are getting.

However I truly think she would break mentally if she did that so Dana will shield her as much as he has to to get her to the cage.

I don't think Ronda has the mental strength to be a fighter that ever loses.

Sure as an undefeated champ she's fine.
But if she can't be undefeated her whole career and might have a loss now and then, she will break mentally over those losses and never be able to handle it.

She's got a lot of emotional baggage from life and it's obvious she needs counseling to get over those issues and build some true inner strength.

I've never heard about her seeing a sports psychologist, maybe it would help her as it has other fighters.

I always thought GSP was a more successful fighter because of his.

Fair points and everybody have a right to their own opinion so I'm not gonna argue with you. If you haven't read the full article about her preparation on ESPN though I recommend it if you're interested:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...onda-rousey-preparing-return-ufc-amanda-nunes

Gives a pretty good insight of what has been going on.

I don't buy the "Dana is in love with her that's why she gets this treatment" argument.

I hope Nunes makes her pay double for this bullshit. Dana definitely gives her a lot of leeway.

Cyborg would be put on the Randy Couture list if she asked for a year off, an instant title shot on her return and no media responsibilities leading up to what is traditionally one of the biggest cards of the year....

Oh yeah, she already is on the list for asking for a couple of months off........

I'm sure she'll do some media. Otherwise it's weak for fans. Ellen and shows like that have a wider audience, but the common MMA fan could give 2 shits about those shows. Fans buy the cards. There's the problem. Gotta do both, but not everything.

I'm not sure about that, I don't think anybody beats her apart from Holm and maybe Nunes.

you're saying maybe Nunes because Holm beat the crap out of her ...if Nunes does the same, you'll probably be able to imagine a third female beating her - then it's going to be apart from Holm, Nunes and maybe XY.

The sport hasn't passed Rondy by yet, she's still on top, but I think the females have caught up to her. She's no longer the dominant part of a mismatch when she fights a top female fighter.

I hope Nunes makes her pay double for this bullshit. Dana definitely gives her a lot of leeway.

Cyborg would be put on the Randy Couture list if she asked for a year off, an instant title shot on her return and no media responsibilities leading up to what is traditionally one of the biggest cards of the year....

Oh yeah, she already is on the list for asking for a couple of months off........

To be honest I don't think she even had to ask for an instant title shot. Dana has been very clear that she would be fighting whoever holds the belt when she returned. And I disagree, Cyborg is not in any position to demand things like a long time champion like Anderson or a huge star like Colin or Ronda. She hasn't done herself or the UFC any favors lately. Both Colin and Ronda worked their ass of for the UFC - fighting when they didn't need to, did world tours over and over again and most importantly - people bought their PPVs.

The MMA media should return the favor, ignore her fight and treat Cruz vs Garbrant as the main event.
lol

yeah, that makes sense. maybe they shouldn't even report on the fight too. act as if it didn't happen. that's what the media that covers the sport should do.

yea i dont see the point of talking to mma media anyway - no one reads that sht anyway and its of poor quality - ronda is bigger than that bs, she will prob do ellen and espn though

you're saying maybe Nunes because Holm beat the crap out of her ...if Nunes does the same, you'll probably be able to imagine a third female beating her - then it's going to be apart from Holm, Nunes and maybe XY.

The sport hasn't passed Rondy by yet, she's still on top, but I think the females have caught up to her. She's no longer the dominant part of a mismatch when she fights a top female fighter.
Schevenko probably has a good chance of beating her. Maybe Pena, other than that I can't think of anyone.

Back