Ronda Rousey vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ok. They are in different weight classes.
But if a 135 lb fighter with striking skills equal to Joanna Jedrzejczyk fought Ronda, how would it turn out?

Would an elite striker pick apart Ronda's striking technique?
Or would it likely end up on the ground?

With Joana's skill and TDD?? She would beat up on Ronda

For Jedrkzsiejczcyk's striking to be a factor, she would have to stop Ronda's judo.

Not happening.

Ok. They are in different weight classes.
But if a 135 lb fighter with striking skills equal to Joanna Jedrzejczyk fought Ronda, how would it turn out?

Would an elite striker pick apart Ronda's striking technique?
Or would it likely end up on the ground?

Any well rounded MMA fighter would school Ronda. Unfortunately for WMMA there isn't even a fighter with one strong discipline.

If same sized JJ can avoid the clinch and land shots on the outside she could certainly pick apart someone of RRR's striking prowess and nullify the grappling.

I would love to see that fight. Definitely be rooting for JJ.

For Jedrkzsiejczcyk's striking to be a factor, she would have to stop Ronda's judo.

Not happening.

For ronda's Judo to be affective she would have to get past the end of Jedi's strikes.... Obviously i'm talking about a 135lb version of Joanna.

For ronda's Judo to be affective she would have to get past the end of Jedi's strikes.... Obviously i'm talking about a 135lb version of Joanna.

C'mon.

I absolutely love watching JJ fight, but Gadhela got inside at times and clinched her up. The hypothetical 135 lb version isn't avoiding Ronda's clinch, and from there it's over. Yeah, she might land a couple nice strikes as Ronda closes distance, but the clinch just isn't that difficult a postion to get to in MMA if you want it.

Ronda would destroy her as much as i hate to say it, i like rousey i just dont like the hype surrounding her

Last edited:
RRR is too big. She would get the clinch and end it from there. Joanna would not be able to stop her with strikes.

Ronda would never stand and trade punches with an elite striker – just enough punches and foot work to get into the clinch, maybe eat a few jabs and then her superior judo comes into play – no way in hell to stop that unless you are a very good grappler yourself…

Back