Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm UFC 195 (Poll)

I for one am glad that it is not Miesha 3. Anything is better than to watch another one sided beating for the 3rd time

Miesha vs Cyborg?

Hopefully thats their plan, Ronda vs Holm main event with Cyborg vs Miesha as the number 1 contender match as co-main

fuck. poor miesha. that might be a ufc experiment, because she, just like Ronda, rushes in swinging. i suspect that doesn't work with cyborg and she is ketting tko'd in under 2 minutes.

if that happens, back to the drawing board for ronda.

also, since i am a man, i must say that 140 means more butt for miesha, right?:wink:

Actually the additionally weight may come from the swelling of her head as she thinks too highly of herself. Overestimating her value constantly . . .

No!

Should have been Tate. I don't want Holm fighting her yet. Too early. I am actually upset by this.

She's ranked #9. At least build up an opponent.

Dumb poll. The question shouldn't be who will win, the question should be whether or not Ronda will win within 30 seconds.

I'm more than willing to bet that Holm will last longer than 30 seconds. What chu got to offer?

On Holm, let's be clear: she is EASILY the most technical and accomplished striker in the division. In that respect she is a completely new type of challenge for Rousey.

As Jack Slack argued, the key to beating Ronda has to be neutralising her strengths - which are too lethal to overcome directly. Thus, you have to deny her the clinch. Circle out. Use lateral movement. Slack argued that Rousey tends to get the clinch by coming in swinging and tempting her opponent to bite down on her mouthpiece and throw back. The problem is (i) Ronda hits hard - ask Davis and (ii) she'll just grab the clinch anyway and throw/trip. From there the fight is generally over instantly, unless you're Miesha Tate and can survive for a while.

Her opponent needs to be able to resist the temptation to throw down and instead have the discipline to try and circle out/use lateral movement when Rousey comes in looking to set up the clinch. IN THEORY Holm may be ideal for achieving this: boxers have to know when to stick-and-move rather than just brawl, it's integral to the whole sport, and also who has better lateral movement than a boxer?

IF - and it's a giant IF - Holm can deny Rousey the clinch then she has a chance to win the fight. Her striking is superior (though not as powerful as Ronda's, I don't think) and way more varied. She has hard body kicks and good combinations. Jack Slack suggested kicking Rousey in the knee, Jon Jones style, as nobody ever catches those and they slow opponents down. We don't know much about Ronda's Plan B or even her cardio. We don't know how she'll react to frustration. We don't know if she'll be able to adapt or just keep trying Plan A over and over.

So, IN THEORY, Holm probably has more tools to test Ronda than other Rousey opponents.

In practice, however, I'd expect Ronda to win within two minutes, submission or KO. Her Plan A is just too dangerous and she implements it magnificently. In addition she has the striking power to knock people silly, even though it isn't technically perfect.

They're trying to make as much money out of Rhonda as they can before she dries up the division and goes onto acting permanently. No point in trying to build Holly up as they probably don't expect anymore stars to appear at W135. After that they'll probably focus on 115

The poll says 15% think Holm will win. I didn't realize that the UFC had that many employee trolls on Sherdog. Buster Douglas was more likely to beat Tyson due to his height and reach than feather-handed Holm has. Seriously, when Greg Page dropped Tyson in sparring, there was a sign that he was slipping. Holm doesn't make it to minute two.

After the fight...

I'm hearing all these "experts" saying Holly-Ronda was NOT like Douglas-Tyson, because Douglas just got lucky... Tyson beats Douglas 99 out of 100 times... etc.

Oh, and P.S. I'm one of those who picked Holly, and fcuk the UFC.

Ducking Tate and Cyborg now to fight a one dimensional boxer who is old now.

a few months ago people here were like "holly holm will destroy ronda!!!"

guess the haters can never be satisfied

I can see a late 1rd finish but I can also see Rousey having to answers questions in that 3 or 4 minutes,that for some {but not rogan type ovary huggers} will see her as very beatable........

After the fight...

I'm hearing all these "experts" saying Holly-Ronda was NOT like Douglas-Tyson, because Douglas just got lucky... Tyson beats Douglas 99 out of 100 times... etc.

Oh, and P.S. I picked Holly, and fcuk the UFC.

Holyfield-Tyson?

I can see a late 1rd finish but I can also see Rousey having to answers questions in that 3 or 4 minutes,that for some {but not rogan type ovary huggers} will see her as very beatable........

She's already looked beatable, when she gave up her back and Carmouche had her in a RNC. It's not about never being in a situation where you can lose, it's about how you deal with those situations.

Usually the fighter i want to win is the underdog and think they will lose.

So i want and hope and pray that Holly wins. Her training with Jones is good.

But it's Ronda. Very angry bratty ''I'm the best ever'' Ronda. I think she will bum rush HH at the bell, flip her and arm bar her in the first 60 seconds. HH will get one punch/kick if lucky.

I don't give a fuck though. Holly Holm is the true champ character wise.

You Sir, deserve to have that avatar.

Holly is getting judo'd.. No chance she can stay on the outside for 5 rounds.. Maybe she lands that head kick as Ronda comes running in! lol

46 People think Holm will win?

jonah_the-f.gif

Holyfield-Tyson?

See, that's what I've been hearing people start saying AFTERRRRR the fight.
And it's bullshtt.

The Holyfield fight was 5, 6 years later. Tyson had been beaten by then. The upset of ALL UPSETS had happened already. The Tyson aura was GONE. It was after going to prison, etc. Tyson wasn't Tyson.

Anyone suggesting that comparison BEFORE the fight???

She's already looked beatable, when she gave up her back and Carmouche had her in a RNC. It's not about never being in a situation where you can lose, it's about how you deal with those situations.

I forgot about that dude,i don't really follow Rousey fights that closely,i knew Tate took her to the 3rd,but the whole hyperbole surrounding her is laughable bs,if they continue to give her cans like Correia she'll remain undefeated though.

Glad I bubbled in holly holm a while back. My names there bitches, I knew.

I forgot about that dude,i don't really follow Rousey fights that closely,i knew Tate took her to the 3rd,but the whole hyperbole surrounding her is laughable bs,if they continue to give her cans like Correia she'll remain undefeated though.

You don't follow her fights yet you knew that Holm would exposed her as beatable. I get the feeling you're one of the people who responded to Zingano's loss by declaring her a can.

You don't have to worry, Ronda will be gone soon enough. Once she beats Cyborg she'll announce her retirement. Then we can all go back to hyping up McGoat and NorthGoat, those two have never been fed cans that have been used to hype them as future GOAT's.

You don't follow her fights yet you knew that Holm would exposed her as beatable. I get the feeling you're one of the people who responded to Zingano's loss by declaring her a can.

You don't have to worry, Ronda will be gone soon enough. Once she beats Cyborg she'll announce her retirement. Then we can all go back to hyping up McGoat and NorthGoat, those two have never been fed cans that have been used to hype them as future GOAT's.

I never responded at all after Zingano's loss,because I don't really care enough,saw Holm a few times,and while I don't expect her to win,i think she could and probably will pose a few problems......also....Ronda and Cyborg will never happen.

Holly goes in for a punch, Rhonda takes the arm and rips it off and throws it out the ring.

Of Course Rhonda wins again.

*Won't be surprised is Holly manages to get that lucky punch in. All she has is a puncher's chance./

If Rhonda does get that 1% chance loss it will be by lucky punch, by any other means I will be SHOCKED

Because she's only had 9 MMA fights,, only 2 of which were in the UFC. She's still new to MMA and has a lot to learn about grappling. She can develop into being a legitimate threat to Rousey's title given enough time to develop. So yes, she could have been a prospective challenger to the title.

But all of that is moot now, as she's taking on the best grappler in the division (probably in all of WMMA) with what? 3-4 years of grappling experience under her belt?

Holly made her pro MMA debut 2 weeks before Ronda made hers.

The poll says 15% think Holm will win. I didn't realize that the UFC had that many employee trolls on Sherdog. Buster Douglas was more likely to beat Tyson due to his height and reach than feather-handed Holm has. Seriously, when Greg Page dropped Tyson in sparring, there was a sign that he was slipping. Holm doesn't make it to minute two.

They probably realized no one wanted Tate/Rousey 3, assuming they will try for Tate/Cyborg at 140 now.

fuck. poor miesha. that might be a ufc experiment, because she, just like Ronda, rushes in swinging. i suspect that doesn't work with cyborg and she is ketting tko'd in under 2 minutes.

if that happens, back to the drawing board for ronda.

also, since i am a man, i must say that 140 means more butt for miesha, right?:wink:

I never responded at all after Zingano's loss,because I don't really care enough,saw Holm a few times,and while I don't expect her to win,i think she could and probably will pose a few problems......also....Ronda and Cyborg will never happen.

UFC is already paying Cyborg to get ready for the match. Cyborg is starting to get ready for the match. If it doesn't happen at UFC 200 then it happens at Ronda's next match after that.

I voted right on this poll and online with my wallet. Made money and watched Ronda get knocked out, what a great night.

90% of sherdog will say they will not buy this event - still does 800k in ppv buys.

ronda's judo isn't magic. The list of male olympic champions that had only moderate success is fairly long. ronda wasn't the best female judoka in her weight class. she isn't even the best American female. ronda has been throwing 135 pound women with no experience or no intelligence. When ronda hits a heavy bag it hardly moves. She is not powerful. In terms of weight, she benched about 165 pounds. ronda's exploits were supposed to be followed up by Marina Shafir who was suppose to be beating Cyborg by now.

ronda is miles ahead of her competition at 135. ronda isn't a once in a lifetime female fighter. Cyborg is dominant too at 145.

How does one duck someone one has already beaten 2x and someone who is not in one's division or organization??

Everyone knows this happens. Like how The Chris is ducking Anderson, and Liam McGeary.

poll results show just why wmma is unnecessary

when ronda retires, there will be no draw to wmma...

Edit.

I think you're referring to the kick! lol.. Thanks!

Im I was 50% wrong!!

Haha yeah I was. If only you'd bet the house on it you'd be sherdogging from a luxry villa on your private island right now...

At least Holly Holm didn't start fighting 4 years ago to get in shape

It would be fun to see the list of who voted for Holm. I'm guessing a bunch of whitebelt accounts that lead back to UFC HQ.

She is not powerful.

giphy.gif

That right hand did Davis in, then we saw everything that followed. Nunes couldn't KO/TKO Davis (she lost to her in fact) and Nunes obviously hits hard given her record.

Ronda doesn't have good technique, but that doesn't mean she isn't effective. Two of her passed three matches have ended with a fast KO essentially because of one punch.

It was going to have to happen for Holm eventually. I know people said she's not ready but shes getting older and I don't know how she will look as far as performance goes. She'll have to be fighting top 5 opponents now.

Not too excited about it. She hardly pulled the trigger in her last fight until the third. Good luck being so reluctant against Rousey, she won't even make it into the third. She really has to come with a good gameplan.

Its a better fight than Tate 3. That was just bullshit.

Good. I mean Holm is getting subbed inside a round, but better than a Miesha trilogy, plus buys time for Cyborg to make up her mind and/or for Nunes or Pe

Back