Ronda Rousey: "The Olympians In Our Country Are Pretty Much Useless"

Did she actually went to school ?
everytime she open her mouth , I like her less and less .

Ronda is like Nick Diaz in that people either hate her or love her. There's very few in between.

I Think she's a fuckin idiot the way she talks , I hope Liz carmouche smashes her face in and ends this fake UFC champion . To say they make nothing for what they do is fine but to say they are useless is idiotic . Olympic athletes compete for the love of the sport not for money and to me that is the purest form of competition .

Wow and you don't? How shitty would it be to walk into a Home Depot and see a bunch of Olympians working there?

I have hired PHD's as office temps, is a Doctorate in forensic anthropoligy worth less than a medal in syncronized swimming? And why is my spelling so bad?

yeh i think olympic sports should be given more credit and it is unfair how basketball and football players make millions and then an olympic wrestler who is best in the world at his weight just gets a hand shake

Ronda is like Nick Diaz in that people either hate her or love her. There's very few in between.

I really hope you're right. This way we know for a fact she'll retire after her big loss, and (or) test positive for drugs. Either way, let's hope she botches a few press conferences, acts like an immature brat and creates more of a foul stigma surrounding WMMA.

yeh i think olympic sports should be given more credit and it is unfair how basketball and football players make millions and then an olympic wrestler who is best in the world at his weight just gets a hand shake

1.) No one gives a shit about Ronda and her Bronze Medal in Judo.
2.) No one gives a shit about Judo, even if she did get a Gold Medal.
3.) People who play Basketball / Football train / work year round on a team of organized professionals in a multi-billion dollar industry.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Not women's basketball players, most make like 50k a year. But women's tennis players make more per set played then men. Nobody forces you into a low paid profession. And Ronda is likely way overpaid by Dana's woodie compared to her worth.

This is comin from a person who never actually won a UFC title but was just given one .

I really hope you're right. This way we know for a fact she'll retire after her big loss, and (or) test positive for drugs. Either way, let's hope she botches a few press conferences, acts like an immature brat and creates more of a foul stigma surrounding WMMA.

Do strong females make you feel less of a man? There is a lot of hate in your posts.

Those are prime time televised events. Nobody in the US gives a shit about judo. One of these events is clearly fat less lucrative than the others.

Ronda said US Olympians, no specified events. Ok, bolt isn't American, but he's made a butt load of money indirectly from the Olympics. Same with phelps who is American.

She's just inherited the cesar Gracie camp bitterness

Wow and you don't? How shitty would it be to walk into a Home Depot and see a bunch of Olympians working there?

Or at Mcdonalds.

Shes saying theres not much motivation for people to compete.

She kind of has a point. The Olympics are pretty well advertised and that money made goes somewhere. I believe there should be more compensation for them to compete at the games (or at least a tax exemption on the medal). However after the fact she needs to find opportunities in women's judo and work that angle. Fighting is working out well for her though so at least there's that.

meh, she's starting out. She's adopting the Chael Sonnen strategy of marketing. But biting the hand that feeds her is a little too much (or too soon). Should at least make a name for herself in the UFC first.

Back