Ronda Rousey: The elephant in the room (IV ban)

There's that too. I'm not claiming she's not overrated. I just think USADA and the IV ban were a factor as well.

Possible, but I think USADA and the IV ban affects everyone who aren't cheating, its possible Rousey might have used something but I highly doubt it.

I think her recent failure has more to do with her not facing opponents of this caliber:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Iv ban really? IV doesn't give her striking defense and she was easily on point to make weight over a week before the fight. You're reaching really hard here man. And dunno why you mention Cyborg, she just failed her 2nd drug test she isn't in a good spot right now.

She always looked so bloated at 135 (especially against Holm) until last night. Of course Dolce has been saying that she's a "natural 125er" for a few weeks and I was expecting some of the Ronda white-knights to say that Nunes is too big for her.

Being thirsty makes you walk in to punches?

This thread is about IV bans tho. Mike Dolce has been vocal in the past about it. BJ Penn once claimed Mike Dolce tried to give him an IV before the fight and was on 4 different diuretics.

BJ popped for using an IV after they were already banned. Was dolce helping him on that camp?

I don't know. Even though Holly picked her apart, Ronda was coming forward and definitely had the drive to win. The simplest explanation is that Ronda got KO'd by a superior striker, then was hesitant against an aggressive power-puncher. Ronda's decline is a combination of bad matchups and the improvements of other fighters.

The early weight loss hurt her. She is a natural fatty and being that thin that far out from her fight shocked her system.

This has nothing to do with an IV ban or USADA

Ronda's striking is shocking, her striking coach is a fraud, he convinced her that his training paid off and when she murked Davis and Bethe, she believed him

She's not that huge for the weight class. If she is in shape she can't walk around at much higher than 160.

She's looked like crap since the IV ban has been put in place. She isn't nearly as strong as she was before the ban. Coincidence? I think not. She was clearly gaining an advantage by cutting a ton of weight. And yet she was terrified of Cyborg...
tumblr_nhe0n5v2hy1tq4of6o1_500.gif

nah, she cut the weight on tuf in one day on no notice.

Back