Ronda Rousey 'surprised' how happy she's been being away from fighting

If her acting is as good as her striking than I expect her to have a long career in the movies making 10's of hundreds of dollars.

I think Gina's aura was different from Ronda's.

Gina was just "that hot girl fighter." I don't recall anyone really talking about her record or making her out to be a once ever athlete, which is probably why the loss to Cyborg was pretty much a non-factor.

Ronda's aura was built upon her dominance in the cage, which is why I think her mainstream opportunities may be fleeting.

I don't think Gina had the same invincible aura as Ronda, but she was more than just a hot girl in the cage.

Her only loss was to a pre-busted Cyborg. A fight that she was doing pretty well in.

Well not all actors get better over time, and she doesn't strike me as someone who will improve on something she struggles with. The fact that they're reworking a movie she was gunna Star in to feature her less is pretty telling

Can you name some actors you see on tv or movies that aren't better now than their first projects? Here's an easy example. Everyone loves the rock. Look at any of his most recent films and then go watch walking tall. Almost a different person. Watch the first nightmare on elm street and look at young Johnny depp.

When Ronda puts the hours into acting class that she puts into the gym, she will get better. The only reason she wouldn't is if she didn't train. As for the reworking of a film all that tells me is that she isn't ready to carry a franchise. Most actors aren't at this point. Mark walberg is. Speaking of another actor who was really bad in his rap to acting days to a guy who is now pretty solid and has improved a bunch.

"Doesn't strike me as" is your projecting your dislike onto the situation. At one point in her life Ronda wasn't good at judo. It's just about putting in the time consistently over time. I just don't understand why people think all actors can improve or people can improve on any skill in their life....except Ronda. She cannot improve at all. She will never be better on camera Than she is right now. Doesn't that sound sorta implausible?

Ronda's earned the right to be
She sure seems happy

Ronda-Rousey-cries-as-she-reveals-she-had-suicidal-thoughts-after-UFC-loss-on-the-Ellen-DeGeneres-Show.jpg
QxBQ8NC.jpg

Potato head has earned the right to be a DNB.
Looks like she's traded in her Guess VIP card for Banana Republic :)

Mysterious?!!!

Basically she's admitting that she's taking the UFC's PR army's advice of staying away and softening her image. They will transform her from Eel to girl next door.... This is hillarious.

She's happy to be away? Oh the irony...

and just like that none of you care? lol fickle people. Lying to yourselves anyway if you don't want to see more Rousey fights. Personally i'd like to see her win a few fights then get viciously KO'd again.

Come on guys, with that attitude, how long would she last with other actors and those in the business?

I've seen her act and just like most actors she's no good in the beginning. All actors get better over time. I don't even know why I bother repeating this but it seems like sherdog doesn't know that acting is a skill you improve at over time.

Btw there are a lot of actors who do really well in their careers who don't have the acting talent of Brando.

Yeah, like Hulk Hogan for example.

she was ok/decent in entourage.
I thought a good amount of her delivery was pretty contrived...and she was playing herself. Watching her acting on the screen is slighty uncomfortable. Just being objective. Acting natural in a forced setting is pretty difficult. She has many things working against her in becoming a successful actor, and only a few things in her favor. I would think some of those favorable things are starting to dwindle. I could be wrong and she might turn out to have a fruitful career in acting. Stranger things have happened in Hollywood.

Well she's a set for life millionaire now. Without fighting she should be relaxed. Very relaxed.

I thought a good amount of her delivery was pretty contrived...and she was playing herself. Watching her acting on the screen is slighty uncomfortable. Just being objective. Acting natural in a forced setting is pretty difficult. She has many things working against her in becoming a successful actor, and only a few things in her favor. I would think some of those favorable things are starting to dwindle. I could be wrong and she might turn out to have a fruitful career in acting. Stranger things have happened in Hollywood.

Entourage as a show always took care of their non actor guest stars both in writing and the characters and made them look good. She was playing herself and I thought although not perfect she was solid and she helped along the story about as expected. She certainly wasn't bad or terrible in entourage and those that say that have an agenda that requires them to say that. Just my actors opinion.

I've no idea how big she will be but so long as she puts in the time she will get better. I do believe that managed properly she could do something With this whole "female action star" idea. Time Will tell.

Can you name some actors you see on tv or movies that aren't better now than their first projects? Here's an easy example. Everyone loves the rock. Look at any of his most recent films and then go watch walking tall. Almost a different person. Watch the first nightmare on elm street and look at young Johnny depp.

When Ronda puts the hours into acting class that she puts into the gym, she will get better. The only reason she wouldn't is if she didn't train. As for the reworking of a film all that tells me is that she isn't ready to carry a franchise. Most actors aren't at this point. Mark walberg is. Speaking of another actor who was really bad in his rap to acting days to a guy who is now pretty solid and has improved a bunch.

"Doesn't strike me as" is your projecting your dislike onto the situation. At one point in her life Ronda wasn't good at judo. It's just about putting in the time consistently over time. I just don't understand why people think all actors can improve or people can improve on any skill in their life....except Ronda. She cannot improve at all. She will never be better on camera Than she is right now. Doesn't that sound sorta implausible?
You seriously think Ronda is gunna start going to acting classes? She's a big star so she's getting offered roles. It isn't like she's running around auditioning for these. And I say doesn't strike me as because her last fight her stroking was exposed and she hasn't said a damn thing about bringing in new coaches or anything to work on it. And no not all actors improve drastically over time. If they find a niche (someone like Michael Cera or Stallone, or Arnold) they typically don't stray from it. Chances are Robda is going to be in action roles that don't require her to have to improve at all. It isn't like Carano is tearing shit up on the big screen

I
You seriously think Ronda is gunna start going to acting classes? She's a big star so she's getting offered roles. It isn't like she's running around auditioning for these. And I say doesn't strike me as because her last fight her stroking was exposed and she hasn't said a damn thing about bringing in new coaches or anything to work on it. And no not all actors improve drastically over time. If they find a niche (someone like Michael Cera or Stallone, or Arnold) they typically don't stray from it. Chances are Robda is going to be in action roles that don't require her to have to improve at all. It isn't like Carano is tearing shit up on the big screen

Yes of course! Ronda will have to take classes. That will be required by her agents/manager the studios and producers once she starts pursuing acting full time. It will also be required to sustain her career which her agent will help her understand. She won't be fighting anymore so that gym time transfers into time in class time.

Arnold is a much better actor today than he was in his first films. much much better, so whereas your point of staying in a niche (which I already made to another guy) is something I agree with he works completely against your belief of actors not improving.

Sigh.... Gina is not Ronda. Ronda at her height was levels above Gina in fame and Hollywood marketability. Sherdog hates hearing this because she is the sherdog darling, and yes she's super hot to me too...(she would actually be actress hot if she got in A-level shape fwiw), but In terms of name Gina is a nobody compared to Ronda in Hollywood as of right now. Ronda rouseys team can still get pretty much any meeting they want in town as the interest level is much higher in Ronda. I know sherdog always groups them together because the both had/have Mma careers but Ronda surpassed Gina in all things a while ago. Ginas initial success strategy was hoping to get superman Cavill to marry her. Glad to see she's sorta returned to Muay Thai

I

Yes of course! Ronda will have to take classes. That will be required by her agents/manager the studios and producers once she starts pursuing acting full time. It will also be required to sustain her career which her agent will help her understand. She won't be fighting anymore so that gym time transfers into time in class time.

Arnold is a much better actor today than he was in his first films. much much better, so whereas your point of staying in a niche (which I already made to another guy) is something I agree with he works completely against your belief of actors not improving.

Sigh.... Gina is not Ronda. Ronda at her height was levels above Gina in fame and Hollywood marketability. Sherdog hates hearing this because she is the sherdog darling, and yes she's super hot to me too...(she would actually be actress hot if she got in A-level shape fwiw), but In terms of name Gina is a nobody compared to Ronda in Hollywood as of right now. Ronda rouseys team can still get pretty much any meeting they want in town as the interest level is much higher in Ronda. I know sherdog always groups them together because the both had/have Mma careers but Ronda surpassed Gina in all things a while ago. Ginas initial success strategy was hoping to get superman Cavill to marry her. Glad to see she's sorta returned to Muay Thai
I'm not saying Gina is as big as Ronda but she's been acting longer and hasn't really improved much (Haywire was awful despite all the star power). Arnold isn't really a better actor, his English is better than when he started. He's essentially been the same since the 80s. And again do you really think Ronda is going to do acting classes? Why would she? She's being offered everything due to her fame currently so why bother. She's surrounded by Yes men now, what makes you think that'll change going into Hollywood?

I'm not saying Gina is as big as Ronda but she's been acting longer and hasn't really improved much (Haywire was awful despite all the star power). Arnold isn't really a better actor, his English is better than when he started. He's essentially been the same since the 80s. And again do you really think Ronda is going to do acting classes? Why would she? She's being offered everything due to her fame currently so why bother. She's surrounded by Yes men now, what makes you think that'll change going into Hollywood?

If the only difference you see in Arnold is his English between that Hercules in America movie (whatever that first one was called) and the things he did more recently then we completely disagree and can move on. He is much better

Ronda and Gina are different people. I don't know her but maybe Gina doesn't work hard on her acting. The long time rumor in town was that she just wanted to be famous and not put in the work

Ronda on the acting side is with WME I believe. I wouldn't call those yes men. They one of the best agencies in town and know what they are doing in this field to put it mildly. Don't extrapolate Glendale fight club to everything.

She would take acting classes because eventually she will want a sustainable career. I can tell you that her Hollywood actor friends will be encouraging her to do so as well.

Back