Ronda Rousey 'surprised' how happy she's been being away from fighting

She sure seems happy

Ronda-Rousey-cries-as-she-reveals-she-had-suicidal-thoughts-after-UFC-loss-on-the-Ellen-DeGeneres-Show.jpg
QxBQ8NC.jpg

I thought that mole fell off when Holly head kicked her into la la land

Even if she formally quit fighting the Sherdog obsession would continue and she would be on the front page for a long time to come.
She will move on quicker than we will.

Ronda's movie career will die soon when she shows up to work 50 pounds overweight with a bad attitude and can't act at all still.

Ronda will instantly rediscover her passion for fighting if Miesha beats Holly. Otherwise she'll probably stick to making millions from shit B-grade action flicks.

I think her attitude, acting inability, average looks, and weight problems will keep her from having much of an acting career.

Her potential to be a woman that brings a large chunk of girls and women out to the movie theatre. Young girls love Ronda today which means they will support her products and projects as they get older Tomorrow

Right now her acting roles are very limited. Long term, she could do female action films and take that pretty limited genre to a very marketable level

I'll say it a different way but kinda like I said to the other guy. There are a lot of typecast actors who play very similar roles that do very very well in their career. On some level, only the top top people get to play a wide variety of roles. Most folks are some form of typecast as that's just how the business works.

I realize that you may disagree with all of this and that's fine. I did want to give you an answer from the Hollywood perspective

That is not a "Hollywood perspective" . That is your "I have a crush on Ronda" perspective.

Honda is finished.

I dont believe she'll ever fight Holm again. But if she does, she wont be eating apples again anytime soon.

I mean Gina pulled it off, off the back of getting savagely torn apart by cyborg. Mind you Gina is a lot better looking, so it didn't really matter that any sort of aura got crushed. She was still hot.

I think Gina's aura was different from Ronda's.

Gina was just "that hot girl fighter." I don't recall anyone really talking about her record or making her out to be a once ever athlete, which is probably why the loss to Cyborg was pretty much a non-factor.

Ronda's aura was built upon her dominance in the cage, which is why I think her mainstream opportunities may be fleeting.

Huh? Go easy man, Rondas the type of person who quits when things get hard. It's not anyone's fault. It's in her nature. Who are these "back stabbers" you seem so fixated on? News flash, it's not their fault either.
You don't get to the Olympics and where she was in this sport by quitting when it gets hard. The hard part is not the competition or the fight. It's everything that goes into it before that.

If she has plenty of cash and a few acting jobs lined up...and she happier not training and competing, it will be hard for her to get the motivation to come back.

What is it with alpha-females and long lay-offs after a big loss (Rousey, Zingano, Esparza, etc.)?

Jarl
Why do you sign your name on the bottom of a forum post?

If you were in the camp hoping to see Ronda Rousey take an extended leave after her loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, you might get your wish.

Rousey's only been a pro since 2011 but was one of the most active UFC champions as she became the mainstream face of MMA. Her look, dominance and attitude made her the sport's biggest star in short time and it may have finally caught up with her.

"MMA? Yea, they've been making me go non-stop," Rousey told MMA Junkie. "I mean, my first year I fought six times. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends for a long time. In Judo, I took a good period of time off after the Beijing Olympics and I feel like I'm bodily and mentally in a similar space where it's just what I need right now."

That post-Olympic break in 2008 is what Rousey has referred to as a time she didn't think she "could get any lower."

A total 180 from a life of strict discipline, Rousey has said she spent those next two years "partying," smoking, drinking and developing a Vicodin habit. But it was also during that time she discovered MMA and fell back in love with competition.

"It's been surprising to me how happy I've been being away from [fighting]," said Rousey. "I'm being purposefully mysterious right now because I think people have taken my availability for granted, and I've kind of just wanted to disappear."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...r-mcgregor-donald-cerrone-mma-news/in/2530418

Looks like Ronda's judo coach might have been right when he said she wouldn't come back.

You're not pretty, smart and can't act for shit. Fighting is all you got.

I'm not surprised how happy I've been since Ronda's been away.

There is no "defense" to the idea that actors get better over time. I wouldn't say she's been exceptionally bad. Just normal bad in fast furious and she was ok/decent in entourage.

I think she'll be normal bad in roadhouse
No, she's exceptionally bad lol.

But you're right about "getting better over time", acting is much like fighting, you either have a natural inclination from the beginning or you don't. You can take someone with that natural ability and make them even better over time but judging from everything she's done up to this point she just doesn't have it, at all. She's awkward and cringe worthy at best.....she would fuck up a non speaking role in a movie! ;)

I'll miss her fights, but I'll always be a fan whether she competes again or not.

There is no "defense" to the idea that actors get better over time. I wouldn't say she's been exceptionally bad. Just normal bad in fast furious and she was ok/decent in entourage.

I think she'll be normal bad in roadhouse
Well not all actors get better over time, and she doesn't strike me as someone who will improve on something she struggles with. The fact that they're reworking a movie she was gunna Star in to feature her less is pretty telling

Back