Ronda Rousey 'surprised' how happy she's been being away from fighting

Wouldn't shock me if she never came back. I've mentioned it before, but it's tough to mentally come back from a beating like that. It's not like you got caught, you were injured, had a bad gameplan, etc., you got thoroughly outclassed. I think Ronda knows 6 months even a year of training isn't gonna change that. Sounds like that reality is sinking in with each passing day.

What's not to be happy about ? After a great night of whatever they do behind closed doors ( shudder ). I picture Ron, and Trav sitting around the table in the morning for breakfast.

tumblr_n6r7jpYKaM1tbh1dho1_500.gif

Livin larger all the time.

If she has plenty of cash and a few acting jobs lined up...and she happier not training and competing, it will be hard for her to get the motivation to come back.

What is it with alpha-females and long lay-offs after a big loss (Rousey, Zingano, Esparza, etc.)?

Jarl

Why would she come back? She is going to lose to Holly and when she does, any last shred of films [Which she got off her MMA hype will disappear]. Stay shooting movies and she can still get a bit role here and there… It should be an easy decision.

Thinks we're going to miss her ability.

LOL

Same. Ive been so happy that she's been away from the fight game

It's clearly time for her to move on to a championship pro boxing run.

Well she's still relatively new in Hollywood and, contrary to what sherdog thinks, the people who make decisions in own are still pretty enamored with her. She's going from an industry were the fan base hates her to one that is excited about her potential.

I personally think the rematch money will be too much to pass up unless roadhouse does better than expected.

Her potential to do what? What would you cast her as her roles will be be very limited & typecasted Ronda is very average look and does not have the traditional sexy body more like boxy...

i think honda should start her own cook show. she looks like she's eating good.

Her potential to do what? What would you cast her as her roles will be be very limited & typecasted Ronda is very average look and does not have the traditional sexy body more like boxy...

Her potential to be a woman that brings a large chunk of girls and women out to the movie theatre. Young girls love Ronda today which means they will support her products and projects as they get older Tomorrow

Right now her acting roles are very limited. Long term, she could do female action films and take that pretty limited genre to a very marketable level

I'll say it a different way but kinda like I said to the other guy. There are a lot of typecast actors who play very similar roles that do very very well in their career. On some level, only the top top people get to play a wide variety of roles. Most folks are some form of typecast as that's just how the business works.

I realize that you may disagree with all of this and that's fine. I did want to give you an answer from the Hollywood perspective

She probably saw that Gina Carrena is in a movie with the biggest opening for a R-rated movie ever .She is hoping to duplicate that success by quitting fighting in order to concentrate on movies
I mean Gina pulled it off, off the back of getting savagely torn apart by cyborg. Mind you Gina is a lot better looking, so it didn't really matter that any sort of aura got crushed. She was still hot.

What isn't surprising is how happy Sherdoggers have been since you've been away from fighting.

She was just fine and mouthy with all those 30sec/1min matches, she gets her clock cleaned once, all of a sudden "life".

Back